• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

I think Vro being disallowed from the science exhibition is further proof of a unique role, so I will keep my vote in place for now as well.
Why would Vro having a "unique role" mean that he is more likely to be hostile aligned?

oh that vote count is really not ideal, people need to be voting (I realize I'm guilty of this myself sorry)

Can I get a short summary of who people are scumreading and why?

Also, I should say, apparently I was day-roleblocked a while ago, no idea why seeing as I've hardly been doing anything, but that ability is out there apparently

That's a common ability that anyone can use, says nothing about a role
oh dammit you're right. Still baffling to me.

---

e: I have to go for now, I'll be back later. In the interest of having a vote down:

Vote: Captan_Lunch

short ISO, seems generically scummy in term of being mostly filler posts. I'm not remotely caught up though and will gladly sheep someone who has more of a handle on the game than I do.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I never jumped on your Vro train - I never voted Vro. I did agree with your initial read on Vro, however, and I later came to the conclusion that it was likely stylistic difference.
Yeah that turn around felt not great to me but this set of posting does

*sigh*

Princess Abigail

I'll be honest I really don't have any groundbreaking insight on this game at all. I'm really just trying to kinda coast by and figure out things as they go along. I have a few reads here and there but don't have any huge thoughts on who I would want to arrest today. Mostly wanted to make this post for my own purposes, to gather up my thoughts & see which players I want to go back & reread. Have fun not reading them:

Stability's posts, though few and far between, seem to be cutting through a lot of the BS in the thread and offering good, townie-minded insight. I have also tended to nod my head with a lot of what they have said.

Rag has similarly been doing town-helpful analysis, and although it's been brought up that they could be doing this regardless of alignment, I think that in a game where Zinger specifically says "rewards critical thinkers" Rag has been doing a lot of critical thinking about the setup, using their experience with past SMMs to help others in this thread.

Rubik, although more mechanically cleared than others due to their association with the Bugle, I think has been towny outside of that.

Abigail/Neon has been playing mostly NAI when it comes to style & generally more towny than not by trying to push the gamestate forward through their votes & pressure for social reads. Stale gamestate always benefits scum and every time I've felt the state has been stale she has jumped in to change that.
I also happen to agree with most of her reads - regarding the one on me, I can see where I've been pockety and my response to that is a) I think she was under unfair scrutiny in the earlygame regarding her view on Vro and b) she's one of the few players here I've played multiple memorable games with, and as such one of the few players I think I could provide more useful meta info about.

If I trust Abigail to be town then I also trust HHH to be town by virtue of her role. Freddeh is also mechanically cleared to be town. Doc had a really good opening post.

Tevish I am more inclined to read townier than not due to their short disappearance, I have a hunch that moving to the unknown player pool was not by their own choosing.

Doc had a pretty decent opening.

Vro I've mentioned several times but I think my pings on them are more due to stylistic clash than anything else. Specifically, the "outward friendliness" feels a little forced to me but I think it might just be them & how they post. However, I still don't like their response to Neon regarding the social reads & I don't like their response to my response to them about that either.

Ex has been pretty NAI, same with Minish. SMS has been more or less the same, though I feel I generally tend to get bad vibes from their posts when they are mafia, and I got CWAC vibes from the last post they made (I don't think they've posted since then).

KoD I always find hard to read - initially, my gut on them prior to Kingpin even posting was scummier than not. A bunch of people seem to think they have potential to be the Kingpin due to style & being around at the time of the first post, and although I don't have any proof to dispute that, I personally think that the Kingpin is more likely not to post from their Kingpin account and their personal account around the same time frame. Thought the big post was more CWAC than not especially around the Kingpin speculation. But big posts from KoD

Storm...sigh I see where people are coming from with the pop culture references or whatever in the Kingpin messages, but my gut tells me that Storm isn't Kingpin and the speculation around him being Kingpin feels very LHF to me. Similar to how the prior discussion around KoD being the Kingpin due to posting proximity also felt very LHF. I don't have a lot of experience with Storm as a player, but he seems to play mafia in the same way he hosts mafia which makes me feel very NAI towards him.

Nobody else has really made any impressions on me so far.
Holy **** you are town... dope.

Princess Abigail

Vote: Neon
Oh look I'm conf town now

lolia-sip-juice.gif

Princess Abigail

does that mean it clears Neon? LOL

scum voting for scum this early not likely right? lol i donno. game's messed up.
EDIT: you know what would be useful? a join post function. so we don't need to edit
Oh I'd 1000% bus and I'd 1000000% use my own sock to vote myself if I had one but this isn't that lol

Princess Abigail

does that mean it clears Neon? LOL

scum voting for scum this early not likely right? lol i donno. game's messed up.
EDIT: you know what would be useful? a join post function. so we don't need to edit
Actually wait I do have access to a sock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom