• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

wJi8vA2.png

– Page 2 –
Matt Murder-docked!
By J. Jonah Jameson

Late last night Matt Murdock was unalived by unknown sources in a back alley in Hell's Kitchen. Now if this were any other night and any other blind man we could probably chock it up to a robbery ending in tragedy. However on this night it has been revealed that Matt Murdock was the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen himself.

While we don’t know much of the complicated, darker half of Murdock’s life, we do know that his public persona was a man worthy of being respected. Despite being a lawyer, Matt Murdock was always for the people and sought to fix the problems of the world with his legal maneuvering rather than just make himself rich with it. And for that, the Bugle chooses to recognize the good put forth in this world by our fallen comrade.

Matt was born to “Battlin Jack” Murdock and Margaret Grace Murdock, both now deceased. His early life was rough, losing his mother to postpartum depression shortly after his birth and his father in his teenage years after suffering an accident that caused his blindness. Still Matt carried on, ever the trooper. He went on to graduate from Columbia University’s law program and, with friend and business partner Foggy Nelson, battled in court rooms on behalf of the poor and neglected citizens of this great city.

So for that we thank you Matt Murdock, wherever you are. May you finally find some peace.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 3 –

Letters to the Editor

Anonymous said:

Dear Anonymous,

:(

-Ed.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 4 –

Editor's Note
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Dear Readers,

Things continue looking bleak, but we're trying our hardest here at the Daily Bugle.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 5 –

KoDB — Kingpin of Daily Bugle Changes Things Up
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Our new owner KoD has decided he wants to see this paper gutted and rebranded and the focus being on the "terrors" that "masked people" are bringing upon New York City. He wants Spiderman done for.

If that's the kind of publication he wants to run, he's welcome to put the effort into it.

intro.png

Anyways, here's a fake picture of Spiderman robbing a bank or something with a gun. This looks like what my boss's boss wants so enjoy your "threatening Spiderman".

Anyways, if I get fired today stay frosty everyone. Otherwise I look forward to yet another day of being forced to watch my great paper further devolve into yet another rag (not the narokio kind, that kind is cool).

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 6 –

Sheltered in Place - JJJ's Rants

It’s been a long winter New York. And not because of freak snow storms. But because of freaks in masks deciding to terrorize our streets. Multiple giant lizards are on the loose in the city, resulting in the Mayor calling for a Shelter in Place order putting the city at a virtual standstill for the last 33 days. Feels like it’s been 33 years. I wasn’t sure if the Bugle, or the city itself, was going to survive. But for the moment we are here. For the moment we will still bring you the unedited truth. Sure I may let my opinions bleed out in this column but that’s exactly what it’s here for. But I don’t let that stop me from bringing you the truth. The future of this paper may not remain free of such taint, but while I’m here and while I’m in charge you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll do everything in my power to continue bringing you that truth, uncorrupted. Now let’s go to work New York.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 7 –

Quack!
By Donald Duck

56a13d9ba185461dc588a6a585ffba6d.gif

Quack quack, mother****ers.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
  1. Doc (Previously revealed as Aunt May Parker)
  2. dragonteacup (left the Active pool at the same time as Spider-Man dissapeared-coincidence?)
  3. Freddeh (Norman Osborn)
  4. HangryHangryHippo (J. Jonah Jameson Jr.)
  5. KingofDominaria (Wilson Fisk)
  6. lain (The Sandman)
  7. LittleGumball (Frederick Foswell)
  8. Mint Elv (The Lizard)
  9. Mister Fantastic (???)
  10. Princess Abigail (was Betty Brant, then The Burglar, then Betty again, now... who knows?)
  11. Ragnarokio (Felicia Hardy)
  12. Rubik (Joseph "Robbie" Robertson)
  13. Skystone (TARGETING HAS FAILED IN THE PAST)
  14. Spiritual Mask Salesman (Might be Miles Warren)
  15. The Thing (???)
  16. Turin (Frederick Foswell)
  17. Vroendal (The Human Torch maybe?--TARGETING HAS FAILED IN THE PAST)

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. Princess Abigail was the Mafia-Aligned Burglar, who cannot be bailed out
  2. Andjalo is Doctor Octopus, who cannot be bailed out
  3. Storm is Electro, who cannot be bailed out
  4. Asfinyti is Jackson "Montana" Brice, whose bail has been set at $25,167
  5. Asfinyti is Daniel "Fancy Dan" Brito, whose bail has been set at $25,167
  6. Asfinyti is Raymond "The Ox" Bloch, whose bail has been set at $25,167
  7. Silverfish is Mysterio, whose bail requests have been mysteriously denied...
  8. DuskyBlue is here too (???)

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. Tevish Szat was the Origin-Aligned Radioactive Spider
  2. Stability was Origin-Aligned Mac Gargan
  3. Morbid Minish was Town-Aligned Flash Thompson
  4. Killjoy262 was the Mafia-Aligned Crime-Master
  5. Paranoid King was Town-Aligned John J. Jameson III
  6. TheCapsFan was Origin-Aligned Adrian Toomes
  7. ExLight was Mafia-Aligned Joseph Hammerhead
  8. Tevish Szat was Superhero-Aligned Daredevil

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh (Mafia?)

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World (Stan Lee?)
  2. DuskyBlue (???)

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 8 –

Advertisements

image.png

Please send any such info my way.

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 9 –

Classifieds - The Daily Bugle is now Hiring!

The Daily Bugle is looking to hire a photographer, a secretary, reporters, and possibly other staff.

Please write a Letter to the Editor validated by your character name with your character name, player name, alignment, desired salary and anything you'd like to say about why you think we should hire you.

Application enclosed below.

Application said:
Character name:
Player name:
Alignment:
Desired salary:
Why we should hire you:

Solicitation

PLEASE BE SURE TO REACT TO THE DAILY BUGLE AND SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR EVERY DAY TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT THE DAILY BUGLE.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 10 –
Daily Funny

Calvin and Hobbes

image0.jpg

Nancy
image0.gif

Heathcliff
Screenshot_20240102-172232.png

Daily Bugle Archives
:goverhere:

<< First Issue | < Last Issue | Game Status Post | Next Issue > | Final Issue >>

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I wonder if there's any particular reason (mechanical or otherwise) that Lain hasn't just ended the day early again.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
SMS!!!!

Hiii hru!!!???
Good!!!! I've been playing lots of videogames, lolll

As for this game, I feel concerned because it feels like the days ending early have stifled communication.

Anyway, do you wanna be my lab assistent?

Pros: we get a chat together, we can agree on a payment rate so you get paid!!!

Cons: My assistents are roleblocked while in my employment.

Ignore the deadline. Day 10 will have an extended deadline. I'll update it in the next vote count, which I'm working on now.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Good!!!! I've been playing lots of videogames, lolll

As for this game, I feel concerned because it feels like the days ending early have stifled communication.

Anyway, do you wanna be my lab assistent?

Pros: we get a chat together, we can agree on a payment rate so you get paid!!!

Cons: My assistents are roleblocked while in my employment.
Yes omg pls

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I mean, we peons can always just vote for a mafia aligned player, right? All complexity aside that's still kind of the point of the game.
KoD's threshold was above majority in the past and he's the only one who can make mafia win with town, I don't actually know if Rag is still mafia but she's been largely helpful, and if there's anyone else who is mafia I either forgot about them or ???.

There's also non-mafia threats to town but one of them might actually have an infinite vote threshold and the apparent ability to vote as many times as they want. I kind of want to try to save as many threats to town as possible but without Spiderman that might be impossible. I'm not sure what we can do to cure Spiderman or if it's possible which is going to make this even harder.

Those are questions that people with actual agency over those game mechanics should really start discussing here.

I voted for someone outed as mafia, Rag listed them all out a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom