• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

I'm confused as to what you mean, shouldn't you be asking for the votecount rather than my threshold then?
lets say, theoretically, your threshold is 1. I'd unvote you because I don't want to single handedly take you out, now lets say your threshold is majority, I'd vote you because another half of the game would have to agree with me

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm not sure why I'd be mafia considering the Kingpin had been silencing me and roleblocking me for two cycles straight and if the idea was an alliance this would definitely get on the worst side of me

not to mention he even publicly cheered me in my fight which is obviously a bad attempt of a red flag that people are conveniently ignoring

I'm not sure why I'd be mafia considering the Kingpin had been silencing me and roleblocking me for two cycles straight and if the idea was an alliance this would definitely get on the worst side of me

not to mention he even publicly cheered me in my fight which is obviously a bad attempt of a red flag that people are conveniently ignoring
Very defensive :p

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

I mean, I can see why they would think that you're mafia given some of the whispers we've heard in the Bugle.

It's likely that the Mafia is made up of multiple competing groups, so even if you're being honest, it's possible another Mafia syndicate was responsible.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
then why would there be a meeting with all mafia?
wouldn't they just out each other?
Why indeed?

Maybe if they end up merging together later it'll make them an easy target. Maybe it would cause mutually assured destruction.

Regardless, the Bugle seeks the truth of this game. Mafia, Supervillains, Goblins—these groups must be understood and any threats within them neutralized.

From what I have managed to glean thus far, it is very likely the case that the mafia factions, combined, are equivalent in size or even slightly larger (in terms of player numbers) than town. The basic math here is that minimally-sized mafia factions are probably going to consist, on average, of about two players (i.e., a don and at least one goon). On Silverfish's finding that there are (at least) three factions, we are dealing with at least 6+ mafia, but I honestly very strongly suspect the existence of at least four such factions (I believe, based on role name and on the fact that the Kingpin has since stopped posting, that Killjoy was a don). As such, we are probably dealing with ~8 or so mafia and ~4 (possibly now 3) faction kills. If we assume a similar number of town-aligned players and an appropriately large number of origin players (who, I assume, are likely to become superheroes/villains), that covers most of the game's roles and leaves a few slots for less common alignments. (Did Zinger hint at/stated origin-aligned numbers? Part of me thinks that he did, but I can't recall for sure.)

If the above is true, then it is almost certainly the case that mafia dons who target townies are themselves the biggest threat to a mafia victory (on the basis that, minus supervillains and other threats, mafia very likely fulfills or, at least, nearly fulfills its victory condition from the very start of the game). Zinger alluded in the death post for this morning that the deaths overnight were likely mafia-induced, which suggests to me that at least two dons are probably undeserving of their titles. Or, more generously, they're under-informed.

Even with that caveat, though, this is kind of a grim finding for town: fighting a war against mafia may well be a losing proposition, except insofar as mafia ought to to avoid killing town at all and should only be targeting supervillains (as superheroes/townies don't impinge on mafia's ability to win), while fighting a two-front war against threats (killing supervillains on the one hand, and parring down mafia numbers on the other) would seem to be a nigh-herculean task. Either we need to find some way to advance the development of superheroes, or we else need a means to limit the slaughter. At minimum, we need to stop letting lynches stall out below threshold. It's all well and good to try and lynch a KoD or a Storm or what not, but if we can't push the lynch through, then we need, at least, to have some back-up targets.
My ability pretty effectively confirmed that there are three mafias, one of which does not have a don at this point in time. The presence of a fourth mafia-like group is likely given Rubik's assertion that the goblins have their own team. Supervillains bring that count of nasties up to 5. I agree that we do need to accelerate the development of superheroes, and I will do whatever is in my power to help anyone who needs help with their transformations.

My ability pretty effectively confirmed that there are three mafias, one of which does not have a don at this point in time. The presence of a fourth mafia-like group is likely given Rubik's assertion that the goblins have their own team. Supervillains bring that count of nasties up to 5. I agree that we do need to accelerate the development of superheroes, and I will do whatever is in my power to help anyone who needs help with their transformations.
Which Mafia are you a part of then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom