• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Agahnim Not Human

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Interesting philosophy.
Except for the fact that they excluded many other games that they worked on.

Why no Crossbow Training?
Why no Game and Watch?
Why no Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland?

They didn't even include FS because it had so little to offer plot-wise. Yet, they included Ancient Stone Tablets. I'm still waiting for a logical explanation why Nintendo would exlude all of their non-major title releases, and even FS, yet include AST in their storyline documentary.

If we are talking about the same video, then, there's no TP on it, as well, because the video is from when WW was released.
I don't see the why considering a game canon just because it was included in a documentary.
Let's then, remove FS from all timelines... (sarcasm)

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
I'm still waiting for you to provide any proof that Nintendo considers AST non-canon. You've given none. Sarcasm and avoiding the question does you no good. I'll continue to hold it as canon until you give me evidence that Nintendo considers it otherwise.

There is little to nothing proving whether Ancient Stone Tablets is canonical or not. There's not enough proof either way.

I would normally be inclined to say it is not canonical, given the nature of the game, the lack of story depth, the way it is played and how it was released (not to mention the lack of being able to play it anymore.) I think that if Nintendo were considering it canonical, they would have made a lot more effort to say so.

However, it's inclusion in this video (which I have not seen,) is a little interesting. It could suggest it's canon. It could not. It could still have been added simply because it had a plot and they thought to include it as they were covering Zelda story. I don't know, I haven't seen the video.

Either way, there isn't enough proof to cement either conclusion, so it's not really worth arguing over.

I've never played Ancient Stone Tablets, so I can't comment on that. Though I haven't really heard it mentioned in many places, so it must not have very epic information regarding the series. But I mean really, the whole reason Erimgard mentioned AST was because of a quote that helped to describe Agahnim. Particularly, a quote that dosen't change the nature of the character at all. So its nothing worth arguing about. Back on topic.

I believe Agahnim is sort of like a hologram. Not an actual hologram, but sort of the same idea. A projection of Ganon with an altered form, if you will. I'm not big on translating Japanese Zelda stuff to compare to what we have in America or anywhere else, but really the whole "bunshin" meaning "soul-split" thing is something that we didn't actually get here. In fact, there is little to no information actually describing what Agahnim is. It can be speculated by the nature of his character, and how the big blue bat-creature floats out of him, flies to the Dark World, crashes into the Pyramid, and all of a sudden you go down and its Ganon, that he was in part Ganon himself. It only makes sense. To me, that is pretty obvious, which is probably why there is no description of this aspect of Agahnim. The creators probably though we wouldn't really need a description.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
the lack of story depth,

?
It has its own intricate storyline

the way it is played and how it was released (not to mention the lack of being able to play it anymore.)
Obviously I cant provide links, but it's still available in ROM form.

DarkLink01 said:
Though I haven't really heard it mentioned in many places, so it must not have very epic information regarding the series.
It confirms aLttP-LA as a direct connection, with the games taking place six years apart. That's pretty much the only timeline relevant information.

But I mean really, the whole reason Erimgard mentioned AST was because of a quote that helped to describe Agahnim. Particularly, a quote that dosen't change the nature of the character at all. So its nothing worth arguing about.
Fair enough

G

Gokou

LOL come on now guys...even Ganon himself said "in game" that Agahnim is his alter ego. Look it up if you don't know what that means :P

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
LOL come on now guys...even Ganon himself said "in game" that Agahnim is his alter ego. Look it up if you don't know what that means :P

The Japanese word used there literally means "soul split".
There is no way to properly translate it into English, and Dan Owsen, the man who localized the text for aLttP openly admitted that he is not fluent in Japanese. Thus he just put alter ego, not knowing what to put.

We physically see Ganon's spirit fly out of Aganhim's dead body the second time he is defeated.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The Japanese word used there literally means "soul split".
There is no way to properly translate it into English, and Dan Owsen, the man who localized the text for aLttP openly admitted that he is not fluent in Japanese. Thus he just put alter ego, not knowing what to put.

We physically see Ganon's spirit fly out of Aganhim's dead body the second time he is defeated.

Yeah, so Agahnim is, in a way, a part of Ganon - some sort of weakened form who can only enter the Light World because he is weakened.

The first post said that Ganondorf became a pig in the Dark World because he was human and had to change into an animal like any other human without a Moon Pearl. The truth is, however, it was Ganon the beast that entered the Dark World in the first place. He had long ago abandoned his human form (with the aid of a Master Sword through the chest). How else would Ganon ever exist in the Light Word in beast form for LoZ, OoT, OoX, FSA, and TP?

So, because Ganon is a beast and has not been a human for hundreds of years, it is not the Dark World that gives him that form. Because Agahnim is a "soul split" of Ganon (or whatever you want to call him), he in turn is immune to the transformational powers of the Dark World.

Based on the way Agahnim looks, however, he was likely intended to be reminiscent of the human form that Ganon once had. I wouldn't say he's completely human, however. After all, he's a part of Ganon, a beast. This connection prevents the Dark World from altering his form.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Yeah, I don't know where people get the idea that Ganondorf turned into Ganon because of the Sacred Realm. The first time we ever see him turn into Ganon (Ocarina of Time) he's not in the Sacred Realm when it happens.

The Sacred Realm itself is not what transforms people, it's the Triforce. The ToP is shown to transform Ganon on several occasions, Link's ToC turns him into a wolf, and presumably Zelda's ToW is what made her become Sheik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom