• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Agahnim Not Human

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
All humans, no mater how powerful, get transformed in the dark world (unless they have the moon pearl which Link had). Even Ganondorf transformed in to the gigantic green pig creature Ganon. But Agahnim did not transform at all, weird right. What happened?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
He was created by Ganondorf in the the realm, so that could have something to do with it.

I'm not 100% on that, though...

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I always thought Aghanim *was* Ganondorf, that it was him taking an alternate form/disguising himself, or was some projection of himself because he could not fully come out of the Dark World until the sacrifices were complete.

I do recall Ganon releasing himself from Aginham after you fight him a second time.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I thought Ganon was posessing Aghanim and was using the body as a vessel.

At any rate, I don't know if he was human mainly because he had blue-gray skin. He was definitely humanOID, but maybe not human.

It could be though that this form WAS what he had turned into. Maybe he was a normal human to begin with, and he was changed into the creepy looking fellow we are familliar with. Maybe it's not so much of a punishment as it was turning into a pig or a rabbit, but I don't believe we know the exact nature of the transformations.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
But if Ganon was agahnim why would he call himself that. I know it was a disguise but after overthrowing the king, kidnaping the princess and killing some random monk in a church you would think he would call himself Ganon to strike fear in people. I know that was off subject I was just wanted everyone to know that I think agahnim is a minion of Ganon not the pig monster himself.

I thought Ganon was posessing Aghanim and was using the body as a vessel.

At any rate, I don't know if he was human mainly because he had blue-gray skin. He was definitely humanOID, but maybe not human.

It could be though that this form WAS what he had turned into. Maybe he was a normal human to begin with, and he was changed into the creepy looking fellow we are familliar with. Maybe it's not so much of a punishment as it was turning into a pig or a rabbit, but I don't believe we know the exact nature of the transformations.
The transformations were not punishments. They were turned into what was in their heart, or something along those lines. Ganon was evil, so he was turned into a demonic pig. Link was... bunny-like?

At any rate, Agahnim is a bit strange. I find it most likely that he was possessed or under the influence of Ganon, or that he was really Ganon himself in some shape or form. But it's hard to say, as it wasn't very clear.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
There's no confirmation if Aghanim was or not Ganon, in fact, there's huge points in each side.

I don't think that there was only one Moon Pearl, so, Aghanim probably had one, as well, and, as Aghanim being human? I don't think so, he is more likely to be either a Zuna, or a Sheikah/Zuna crossbred

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The Japanese text calls Aganhim a "bunshin" which literally means "copy" or "soul split". The idea being that, to escape the Dark World, Ganon split his soul in half, and half of his soul was able to seep out in the form of Aganhim.

Ancient Stone Tablets, the aLttP sequel released for Broadcast Satteleview states that Aganhim was possessed by Ganon. My theory is that Aganhim was a "dark" priest (Japanese text calls him a priest, not a wizard) and that since he was evil, Ganon was able to put part of his soul in him, thus he'd be both "soul split" by Ganon and "possessed" by Ganon at the same time, making sense of both games' description of him.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ancient Stone Tablets, the aLttP sequel released for Broadcast Satteleview .

AST is NOT canon, therefore, all in-game dialogues are retconned from the start.
I think that Aghanim was really a good person, a priest, like it is hinted, but, somehow, ended up being corrupted by the power of Ganon, wich probably contacted him mentally, maybe because Aghanim's mind was plotful against the King, even though he was not really evil, maybe just greedy

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Why do you say AST isn't canon? I'd like a good reason please.
When Nintendo released their "Zelda no Video Documentary" about the storyline of Zelda they included Ancient Stone Tablets. So...good reason please?

Also, if Aganhim was a "good" person, why did Ganon target him? According to the game Aganhim wasn't from Hyrule, and only came to Hyrule a year before the game began. Why didn't Ganon corrupt the other priest? You know, the one who had a secret passageway to the Royal Family throneroom hidden in his church?? Seems kinda foolish to corrupt some random, pure-hearted outsider when you could corrupt someone who has connections to the King.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Why do you say AST isn't canon? I'd like a good reason please.
When Nintendo released their "Zelda no Video Documentary" about the storyline of Zelda they included Ancient Stone Tablets. So...good reason please?

Also, if Aganhim was a "good" person, why did Ganon target him? According to the game Aganhim wasn't from Hyrule, and only came to Hyrule a year before the game began. Why didn't Ganon corrupt the other priest? You know, the one who had a secret passageway to the Royal Family throneroom hidden in his church?? Seems kinda foolish to corrupt some random, pure-hearted outsider when you could corrupt someone who has connections to the King.

Satellaview games are not canon, to any franchise, and, if you look at them, the main charactet is NOT Link, but Satela's icon chaacter.

If you read my whole post, you'd understand.
The Priest in the Sanctuary probably has a pure heart and a righteous soul, while Aghanim was probably greedy of power, and, as Ganon promised him power, he promptly betrayed the nation who praised him as a hero.
it makes perfect sense

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Thanks for ignoring my point completely. If AST is not canon, why did Nintendo include it in a video documentary about the storyline of the Zelda series?

Also, it doesn't matter that its not Link as the main character. That's the whole point. The plot of AST is that Link has left Hyrule (one character tells us he "can't leave the dream", indicating that this game takes place during Link's Awakening] and a Hero from another dimension (BS-X mascot) comes to save the day in place of him. If it's not to be taken seriously, why did Nintendo include it in their documentary? They didn't include any other spinoffs or "non-canon" games.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Thanks for ignoring my point completely. If AST is not canon, why did Nintendo include it in a video documentary about the storyline of the Zelda series?

Also, it doesn't matter that its not Link as the main character. That's the whole point. The plot of AST is that Link has left Hyrule (one character tells us he "can't leave the dream", indicating that this game takes place during Link's Awakening] and a Hero from another dimension (BS-X mascot) comes to save the day in place of him. If it's not to be taken seriously, why did Nintendo include it in their documentary? They didn't include any other spinoffs or "non-canon" games.

Do I need to say anything when you keep giving me proof???

They included it because they worked on it, that doesn't mean it's canon, and i don't think that they'd canonize a game that is no longer playable and/or obtainable.
At the time of that video, if I am not mistaken, there weren't any non canon and/or spin offs.

If you ask me, I think that TRR is more canon that AST will EVER be

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Interesting philosophy.
Except for the fact that they excluded many other games that they worked on.

Why no Crossbow Training?
Why no Game and Watch?
Why no Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland?

They didn't even include FS because it had so little to offer plot-wise. Yet, they included Ancient Stone Tablets. I'm still waiting for a logical explanation why Nintendo would exlude all of their non-major title releases, and even FS, yet include AST in their storyline documentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom