• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Adult Link Temple Order

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What are the possible orders for defeating the Temples? (This includes the Ice Cavern and Bottom of the Well). Rather, the easier question would be... what restrictions are there? Also, forget the idea of... entering a Temple, getting the item and leaving before beating it. For this post I'm assuming once you enter a dungeon, you have to beat it. Also, I'm not including glitches here.

~Known Restrictions~
--You must beat the Water Temple to trigger the cut-scene so you can enter the Shadow Temple

What other restrictions are there? Also, is it any different for the Master Quest?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
In my case, you HAVE to beat the Forest, Fire and Water Temple to Visit the Shadow Temple.

I tested it with beating the water temple and skipping and bringing the Bow and Arrows from the Forest Temple, and the Megaton Hammer from the fire temple.
And the Spirit temple could be easily accessed just by you having gained the Gerudo's Trust. As for the Bottom of the well, as soon as beating the Forest Temple Sheik teaches you the Prelude of Light, making you go back in your own time to visit the Windmill Man PROVIDED you know the Song of Storms.

Ice Cavern, yeah you can access it as soon as leaving the Temple of Time after meeting Sheik for the first time, BUT you must have bought some Blue Fire from the Potion's Shop in Hyrule Castle Market, or Town if you want to get the Tunic.

Hypothetically speaking, I can get the Bow and Arrows, then the Megaton Hammer, then the Longshot and the Silver Gaunlets and Mirror Shield without beating the temples and just skip them. Forest can be skipped as long as you can get the Bow and Arrow, cause most places need the Bow and Arrow and Hookshot.

From the MasterQuest, exactly the same as the as the Original one. Although...(I dunno if this is a spoiler but what the heck, I'm not gonna risk non-MQ players)
Solving the Dungeons are easier, but getting Golden Skulltullas are harder. Heck you can complete a Temple without entering certain rooms. Because those rooms have a Golden Skulltulla, and stronger monsters appear and they deal double damage. Like in the MQ Fire temple, there is a Iron Knuckle in one of the rooms.

In my playthrough MQ, I died a lot of times, but I managed to skip the same way i did with My original, By beating Water, Spirit, Fire, Forest and Shadow Temples. You basically Need the Bow and Arrow and Longshot. The Hookshot yes, but the longshot is needed to get through the desert to reach the Spirit Temple.

Last edited:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I recall the Water Temple having a puzzle where you had to shoot an eye switch with a bow and arrow. Do you not need the bow and arrow to beat the Water Temple? Is it possible to completely finish the Water Temple before the Forest Temple?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
I recall the Water Temple having a puzzle where you had to shoot an eye switch with a bow and arrow. Do you not need the bow and arrow to beat the Water Temple? Is it possible to completely finish the Water Temple before the Forest Temple?

The Bow and Arrows are needed overall.
What i did was as soon as I got the Bow and Arrows, I ran out and THEN I go ahead and explore the other temples. Here's what i did after meeting Sheik:
Got the Hookshot, Learned the Minuet of Forest, Got the Bow and Arrow and skipped the Forest Temple, headed towards Zora's Domain and unfroze King Zora just to get the Blue Tunic, then headed towards the Ice Cave to get the Iron boots. Then I went to the Water Temple, the Bow and Arrow, Hookshot and some bombs are used, and then the rest is history.

In the MQ, The bow and Arrows is needed, not to mention the scarecrow song to get a certain Skulltulla.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
What I usually do is start off by completing Biggorons Sword sidequest so,

1: Ice Cavern
2: Forest Temple
3: Bottom of the Well
4: Fire Temple
5: Water Temple
6: Spirit Temple
7: Shadow Temple

Of course, it's possible to switch #4 and #5, on a side note you could actually do Fire Temple as #1 on the list as you don't need the bow and arrow to complete it. Plus, #6 and #7 should be switched but I like to do them out of order :)

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Refresh my memory but... do you need the Megaton Hammer for the Spirit Temple? Is there anything preventing the order of...

Forest
Water
Spirit
Fire
Shadow

David

But you called me here...
Yes, you need the Megaton Hammer for the Spirit Temple. There is one rusty switch that needs to be taken care of. (I just beat that temple yesterday)

To be honest, I like doing the temples in order, with the occasional switch of the Spirit Temple and the Shadow Temple.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Refresh my memory but... do you need the Megaton Hammer for the Spirit Temple? Is there anything preventing the order of...

Forest
Water
Spirit
Fire
Shadow

It's not required to beat it, but there is a rusted switch you can hit that can be only gotten to by using the Hover boots. All it does it create a shortcut from the first room to the main room where the boss room entrance is.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
You can enter the Fire temple anytime, as long as you have the Hookshot, Bombs(You get that first)
You can enter the Water Temple if you have the Hookshot and B&A and Iron Boots
You can enter the shadow temple after beating all the first 3 dungeons (OoT3D only, in the N64, beating the water temple gains access to the Shadow Temple. Guess Nintendo Fixed it)
You can enter the Spirit Temple as long as you get pass the Desert

And I guess HoM answered you plea

David

It's not required to beat it, but there is a rusted switch you can hit that can be only gotten to by using the Hover boots. All it does it create a shortcut from the first room to the main room where the boss room entrance is.

Well, to beat it. But to explore all of the rooms and complete the temple, it is.

David

Yes, JJ, that is the Official Order. However, Mases is asking which order you can actually complete them. There are several orders.

Well, several of the ways that I can easily see are these:
Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit
Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, Shadow
Forest, Water, Fire, Spirit, Shadow
Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, Shadow
Forest, Spirit, Fire, Water, Shadow

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Looks to me you can do any of the first 4 Temples, by Do I mean enter and get the Item and Leave.

Forest is always first, but the Bow and Arrow seems to be the revolving Item.
Fire and Water can be Interchanged, because both have puzzles using B&A Hookshot and Bombs and Iron Boots.
Spirit could be entered, but not beaten unless you have the B&A, Bombs, Longshot, And according to HoM, Megaton Hammer.
Shadow could only be entered by beating the Water Temple in N64, and beating the 1st 3 Temples in OoT3DS.

Heck you can even just enter the Forest Temple grab the B&A and leave. Just leave. Therefore, you can theoretically finish like this, as long as you grab the B&A:

Water or Fire > Spirit > Forest > Shadow
Water > Spirit > Fire > Forest > Shadow

Or whatever combination you can think off.

David

Looks to me you can do any of the first 4 Temples, by Do I mean enter and get the Item and Leave.

Forest is always first, but the Bow and Arrow seems to be the revolving Item.
Fire and Water can be Interchanged, because both have puzzles using B&A Hookshot and Bombs.
Spirit could be entered, but not beaten unless you have the B&A, Bombs, Longshot, And according to HoM, Megaton Hammer.
Shadow could only be entered by beating the Water Temple in N64, and beating the 1st 3 Temples in OoT3DS.

Well, my comment only counts if you want to enter every room and get everything in the Temple. It really depends on your definition of "complete." I, for one, prefer to get everything in a Temple before I'll go to the boss and leave it.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Ah okay. So this is what I've gathered... Again, assuming once you enter a Temple you beat the whole thing. (Not counting the Well and the Ice Cavern)

--Forest MUST be done before Water and Shadow Temple
--Fire MUST be done before Shadow Temple
--Water MUST be done before Shadow Temple

Question: Can you do the Spirit Temple before the Water Temple? [Do you need the Longshot?]
Question: Do you need the Bow and Arrow to do the Spirit Temple???
Question: Based on the above... Can you do the Spirit Temple first?

Basically...
You could do Fire before Forest
You could do Water before Fire
You could do Spirit before Fire
You could do Spirit before Shadow

Forest has to be either #1 or #2
Shadow has to be #4 or #5
Fire can be #1,2,3,4
Water can be #2,3,4?
Spirit can be #?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom