• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adult and Child Timelines: Do They Ever Join Together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Right now, while I was inside the bathroom (:D) I thought of this theory which, maybe, may affect how other people think when talking about split timelines:
The child and adult timelines are only separated by a relatively small amount of years: 7.
Thus, supposing two games (Game A and Game :cool: have a 100 years differnce than both timelines, Game A and Game B being one in the adult timeline and the other in the child timeline, Link would actually, in the same life, go through Game A, then seven years later through Game B, and then the two timelines join together, as Link actually grows up (so Game A, in fact, would take place 93 years later after Link beats Ganon, and Game B, 107 years later after Link beats Ganon and goes to the past thanks to Princess Zelda.

I do think this is a poor theory, even after saying before it could affect how people theorize on timelines, but, yeah, people can easily break this theory, perfectly disagreeing with it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hmm, well, I think you're a linearist, which is perfectly fine as people have they're own opinions. I personally don't believe that the AT and CT merge back into one timeline, but if there is a game that will come out like that, it will be very interesting.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The timelines aren't separated by seven years. They're separated by some arbitrary distance on an axis perpendicular to the flow of time.

The timeline split at the point in time in which Link returned to his childhood. 7 years later on the AT, he defeated Ganondorf. 7 years later on the CT would be sometime after MM parallel to Ganondorf's defeat.

The Links on the AT and CT are completely different people.

It is physically impossible for two timelines to merge. Which history would be the correct one? They can't coexist. There's been more extensive discussion on this subject before that I could search for if you wish (or, more preferably, you could search for yourself).

i have a theory that the timeline could join together again. like most people i place the oracle games at the end of the timeline. one game goes on child and the other on adult. they happen at the exact same time and when using the password system to link the games for the true ending you reform a linear timeline. as stated before this happens at the very end of the story told thus far so there really is no basis to disprove this but, just saying, just a theory lol.

i have a theory that the timeline could join together again. like most people i place the oracle games at the end of the timeline. one game goes on child and the other on adult. they happen at the exact same time and when using the password system to link the games for the true ending you reform a linear timeline. as stated before this happens at the very end of the story told thus far so there really is no basis to disprove this but, just saying, just a theory lol.

agreed, it would be a dimensional overlay instead of a time warp like normally seen in zelda. basically all the people and places from both dimensions would fuse causing mass chaos to the enviroment but mearly granting people all there memories from both dimensions

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Hold on, gaiz.
Are we saying that the events in OOT created a new timeline? Because as I understood it they are two different dimensions.
If that is the case, then there are two timelines, and the series could easily be merged into one timeline if during a future game, one link is being sent between the two current Zelda timelines and ends up in one of them, leaving the other dimension/timeline link-less and no longer part of the Zelda series.

The timelines aren't separated by seven years. They're separated by some arbitrary distance on an axis perpendicular to the flow of time.

The timeline split at the point in time in which Link returned to his childhood. 7 years later on the AT, he defeated Ganondorf. 7 years later on the CT would be sometime after MM parallel to Ganondorf's defeat.

The Links on the AT and CT are completely different people.

It is physically impossible for two timelines to merge. Which history would be the correct one? They can't coexist. There's been more extensive discussion on this subject before that I could search for if you wish (or, more preferably, you could search for yourself).

This is the answer. The timelines can never merge because if you are on one side of the timeline, the other doesn't exist or never existed. So no, it isn't logical at all to assume they would ever merge. Its just not possible at this point.

~Thread Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom