• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Accumulated Rupees

One of the things I love about Phantom Hourglass is the fact that Link doesn't have to get bigger wallets! Though, adding that element to the game could have created more gameplay and more things to do, sometimes I get mad while playing other Zelda games and not being able to collect all of the treasures(rupees) in Temple dungeons. It's nice being able to pick up every last rupee along the way.

With all of that being said, what is your opinion on the Wallet or lack of in Phantom Hourglass? Also; How many rupees have you accumulated in the game? Right now I'm just below 6,000. Unfortunately, Maze Island and the Shooting Range have sucked away many of my rupees just for me to fail miserably...

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I loved the idea of no low maximums after I left so many chest in TP unopened (well, opened, and then reclosed).

I managed to get a full 9999 rupees over the course of the game. I found at the beginning I could get enough of them to obtain ship parts I wanted, but by the end I had too many and always had a maxed out wallet. This was mainly because I could sell duplicate ship parts for 1500 a piece, so it didn't take too long to get up there and maintain it at the end. Also, there was nothign to spend them on at the end other than the occasional ship part that might arise.

I still think because of this somewhat skewed difficult at first, too easy at the end system that they need to level out how many rupees are available. I know it's fun to open treasure chests, but mayb a few less per dungeon would be better. Also, maybe enemies don't have to drop them as often. It doesn't have to be as much of a chore as it was in LoZ to collect them, but by the end of the game I shouldn't have a full 9999 wallet that I can't do anythign with either!

I think maybe those selling rates on ship parts should have just been a bit cheaper. Say, 500 for the best price since it's used or something. Still, I would like this trend to continue in further titles. It just needs a bit more ironing out before it's a happy medium.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I liked the idea of no wallets because usually in other Zelda games, you always Max out, especially in dungeons and places where there are rupee prizes for accomplishing something.

If I remember correctly, in Maze Island, there is a place where you can get about 200 rupees (I can't remember but it was around there) and there was a building near by. Collect the rupees, go into the building, come out and collect the rupees again and you will have easy access to rupees! :)

I liked being able to get as many rupees as you wanted, I was never able to get all 9,999. However I liked that we did not have to find wallets to get a more coins, it really bugged me when I opened a chest in other games, and it either disappeared(OoT) or just got stuck back in the chest(TP), but really this is one of the thinks that made me like PH.

Shnappy

derp
Well, I don't think I ever got passed 4,000 rupees. It kinda surprised me when I saw you could have 9,999 rupees, haha, and I thought to myself "How would you ever get that many rupees"? And it seems like a lot of you have accumulated that many.

As for the whole wallet deal, I love extra sidequests in Zelda games. It's awesome to be able to play through hours and hours of extra gameplay in order to play the game to its fullest. Wallet upgrades are just one more thing in a Zelda Game that makes them just that much more fun to play.

But then again, wallets are a really minor thing. In Zelda games with Wallet Expansions, they often aren't really that fun to get or that useful anyway. I didn't think about the fact that there was no Wallet Expansions in PH during my first playthrough, so that shows that it's something pretty minor to me compared to some other sidequests that are a bit more essential to have in a Zelda Game in order for them to be as fun to play and as time-consuming as possible.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I liked that you can carry a lot of rupees but something that I did is I had a lot of rupees and spent them all later I ran into a ship part I did not have and did not have enough.

Yes I did love it but I think you should have to work to be able to get a bigger wallet. However I think they were limited to what they could put in the game. Those are my thoughts on the wallet.:D

I liked the fact that you don't have to go on some tedious side quest just to get the ability to hold more rupees.
But I wouldn't really mind though.
But I just sometimes wish that you would get your rupees saved somewhere if your wallet is maxed out, like in a bank or something. (I don't have MM)

It is very simple to get 9,999 rupees in PH.
All you have to do is sell all of your excess treasures and ship parts so that you have one of each.
If you have some parts that sell for 1,500, your going to have plenty of rupees for a while.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I liked the fact that you don't have to go on some tedious side quest just to get the ability to hold more rupees.
But I wouldn't really mind though.
But I just sometimes wish that you would get your rupees saved somewhere if your wallet is maxed out, like in a bank or something. (I don't have MM)

It is very simple to get 9,999 rupees in PH.
All you have to do is sell all of your excess treasures and ship parts so that you have one of each.
If you have some parts that sell for 1,500, your going to have plenty of rupees for a while.

Yah, that is what I usally do when I am maxed out. I think you should of been able to get another wallet that let you carry 99,999 rupee's that would be awesome, your only like thirteen but you have enough money to buy the world (not really, just some crazy thought).

Z

zdmshadow

I liked the 9999 limit, you never run out. Usually. I would've prefered if you had to enhance your wallet The classic 2 times in a way that isn't impossibly hard like the shooting range, though.

My current rupee count is 19. It was 9999 but I decided to try to get the heart container from the shooting range.

Hundreds of tries and the highest score I managed was only 1720. I don't even remember saving afterwards:huh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yah, that is what I usally do when I am maxed out. I think you should of been able to get another wallet that let you carry 99,999 rupee's that would be awesome, your only like thirteen but you have enough money to buy the world (not really, just some crazy thought).

That would be a lot of rupees *thinks of world domination*:thinking:

I liked the 9999 limit, you never run out. Usually. I would've prefered if you had to enhance your wallet The classic 2 times in a way that isn't impossibly hard like the shooting range, though.

My current rupee count is 19. It was 9999 but I decided to try to get the heart container from the shooting range.

Hundreds of tries and the highest score I managed was only 1720. I don't even remember saving afterwards:huh:
I think I managed to make it into the 1800's. The shooting range has also taken a lot of my rupees along with Maze Island. I didn't waste that much time trying to get the Container because I was at the point where I was just getting angry at the game so I decided to move along with the story. I put a couple tried into Maze Island before I decided to move away from there as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom