• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Pokémon League?

What exactly are the Pseudo-Legendaries?

Pseudo-Legendaries are non-legendary Pokémon who have the power of one. An Example of a Pseudo-Legendary would be Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp or Hydreigon.

I can raise a non legendary level 45 capable of killing a level 70 mewtwo in leaf green, they arn't that OP, they just have more stat points, it's balanced out among their stats so none of them go over 160 base stats, where as blissey has much more than that, is not a legendary and suffers in other areas as a result.

That's nothing compared to battling a real person. You may be able to beat a lv 70 legendary with a lv45 non-legendary, but the thing is that Legendary is nothing but AI. If you battled a Legendary at lv 70 but was being controlled by a person, you would struggle big time. It will just be boring if someone used nothing but legendaries and it just takes the fun out of competitive battling.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
If you want to battle where every pokemon on both teams is of equal level, you should at least ban uber-tier legendaries (like the mascot legendaries etc) for the simple reason that at even level, they have an unfair advantage. OU-tier legendaries (like say the various legendary trios) should still be fair game as they aren't nearly as blatantly overpowered.

Not saying you have to follow competitive tiers for the entire tournament, but as far as legendaries go the tiers are a decent way to measure what should be banned.

Meh when you start banning legendarys you make pokemon like Blissey and Slaking OP, start banning them and you gotta ban certain moves, pretty soon everything is banned short of tackle and growl on water type pokemon, congratulations, your now as weak as every rival ever the first time you fight them.

Legendarys like Kyogre offer unique abilitys as well which can increase potential of your non legendaries. I don't even use legendarys that often (Kyogre excluded, I love Kyogre) but the fact is they are not much better than any other pokemon, Pseudo-Legendarys are really pathetic, I am getting a tyrantiar since it can learn the elemental bites, but need a fourth move, can't find a single decent physical move.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I dunno much about legendaries or lengedary wanna-bes (Pseudo-ones) :P but I think it's for the best if we keep them out for the time being and enjoy a nice tourney with regular Pokemon. That's just me, though; anyone else with me?

Btw, I've changed my type since I just found out that Charizard is not a Dragon-type Pokemon. :( I can't believe he looks like one but aint one. But anyway, I am not here to cry about that, just came to inform you of the change and to post my opinion about legendaries. ~Atsie

--Edit--

I've become busy with personal stuff lately that is not allowing me to be here as much as I used to, so I probably won't be able to continue with this project for the time being. :( If you guys/gals wanna do something with it, go right ahead. When I am able to proceed I will surely let you all know. ~Atsie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom