• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A New Princess Design?

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I have been thinking about this for awhile.

The original Princess Zelda design was fairly simple. Not to flashy, it had a cape (I think) not to many colors. Then it escalated to a slightly more complicated design, but still fairly simple. Then the hood was added, taken off, a bow in the hair (briefly) and now it has stayed in the same general design of ST and PH princess's, and the slightly more complicated version of those in TP. Now it's been the same colors for awhile, and basically the same general dress shape. I was wondering if Nintendo might give Zelda a new look for Skyward Sword? It is possible, it's been done before. What do you think.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, we haven't seen the Zelda design yet, so it's possible that they could come up with a new design for her.
However, I highly doubt they're stray too far from where she currently is, since they do want people to still recognize her, yeah?
I'm up for a fresh design, but I don't anticipate that they'll do a throw back to the older games for it.

I'm one of the few that likes her better are a brunette, so I really hope they at least keep the hair color from TP the same. I'm not going to be unrealistic and say I want the ALttP look back, because I doubt that would ever happen. Better to look towards the 3D game look, which I think will either lean towards to the OoT adult look (which WW, PH, ans ST are all clearly based off of), or the TP look, which was a big change. Personally, I hope the TP look returns. I don;t see why they wouldn't do it either; Link's design in SS clearly resembles TP the most, only brighter with some VERY minor details (hat length, pant baggy-ness) changed.

Brightness of WW, designs of TP. Yeah, I can live with that.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'm with Ver-Go-A-Go-Go. I much prefer her look in TP. She looked wiser and more sophisticated. I enjoyed her hair color better as well. I expect her to look somewhat similar to TP, given the fact that Link looks somewhat similar too.

I'm with Ver-Go-A-Go-Go. I much prefer her look in TP. She looked wiser and more sophisticated. I enjoyed her hair color better as well. I expect her to look somewhat similar to TP, given the fact that Link looks somewhat similar too.

I'd like to build of the "wiser and more sophisticated" comment, since that's something I thought would be important too. TP{ Zelda isn't only my favorite in design; it's also my favorite in character and personality. Yeah, it's cool for her to be a ninja, pirate, and ghost, but TP Zelda I thought displayed a realistic princess and what she would do in that kind of crisis. Not dress up s a vigilante ninja, not become a kid pirate, and not somehow get killed and come back as an invisible ghost that aids the hero. That's the kind of person I personally think she should be. Will that change in SS? Probably. After all, these are sky people we're talking about. I can't take this game seriously yet.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It might even be possible that there won't be any Zelda. Just sayin'
Zelda was confirmed to be in the game, trust me on that one.
----
I think Nintendo should use TP's design, but go back to OoT's hair color. That's my ideal Zelda. The major switch to brunette was kinda freaky to me, I actually thought she was an entirely different person :facepalm: .

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I think this is a huge possibility, for Zelda not 2 show up at some point in Hyrule is very unlikely and it has been confirmed that Zelda is not the skyward sword. The fact that they tried to clear that rumor up recently could lend credit to Zelda being in the game but having a totally different role in Link's adventure than that of his sword. If Link is getting a new design then why not the princess? She will most likely get the redesign and I'm willing to bet she will look a little cuter than in TP (she was more regal and dignified in that game). But with the new graphics her outfit might be a little less detailed but cleaned up. Also I hope they keep the gold shoulder armor on her dress, Like a grown up version of the Zelda from the OoX artwork <3

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1983/princesszeldaoracleo***.png

Last edited:
I think they'll probably change Zelda's design, and everything else, like they always do with every major Zelda game release. I'm betting she'll be back to her blonde style (I personally like both), but Nintendo should keep the overall color pallete for her dress.

Also I hope they keep the gold shoulder armor on her dress, Like a grown up version of the Zelda from the OoX artwork <3

Few people know about this, but Zelda's design in OoX was actually pretty good. Here's a screenshot:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5561/zeldaoraclefinish.png

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I hope they make Zelda a Red-head in this game. They probably will make her the same age as Link and she will most likely wear a purple or pink gown similar to the one she already has in TP.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm guessing that they'll do a slight re-design of Zelda. Since SS Link looks similar in oufit to TP Link, perhaps we may see a similar deal with Zelda, with her dress slightly less detailed, but with bright colours. I don't mind her being a brunette, but I think I would like to see the classic blonde colour again as well.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I personally doubt there will be a new design. They changed up the design more in the old days due to new graphical capabilities, but now I think they'll tend towards keeping her the same for the sake of recognition.

There are a lot of new designs that I think would work well, of course, but then... why not save those for other new characters? There could be more than one princess, after all.

David

But you called me here...
I honestly think that a new design for Zelda isn't necessary. I think she looks fine the way she is now. But I am up for change and will probably like it if they change her design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom