• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Game That You Can Just Replay Over and Over...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Replayability is a huge factor for games in my opinion as they increase the longevity of that specific game and prolonge the initial experience. However, sometimes there are just those games that really appeal to us and you could just play the game time and time again without losing interest. This can be due to sentimental value, nostalgia etc. but there always is that one game, or for some, a couple.

So what is this specific game that you can play over and over again without losing interest? And why exactly is that?)

(You don't necessarily have to choose just one)

Sheik

:the:
Well, for starters, there are certain games that were pretty made to be replayable, like Pokemon. Kid Icarus Uprising is an incredibly replayable game (have like, 80 hours on it or something, lol). The Paper Mario games I can play over and over, TTYD the most (becuase nostalgia). But by far the most is Smash Bros: Melee, not because of addicting fun but because I constantly get better at it. I've played Melee ever since I was in freaking kindergarten, preschool even, and I still just get better and better and better... I try out harder and harder things, and what's even better is that I constantly discover new things (for instance, it was only a week ago that I discovered I could deliriously swing Sheik's whip thingie in circles and back and forth, etc.)

For me, it's the original Spyro trilogy. Compared to the later games, the PS1 trilogy were the only Spyro games I can go back to anytime. I did give other Spyro games like the Legend trilogy and the first two Skylander games (even though I don't count them as Spyro games) a chance, but they just aren't as good as the classics. These games never get old to me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

It's short, simple, and freaking amazing.
--------
Kingdom Hearts II

There are just too many ways to play this game. Each way is more enjoyable than the previous.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Any game that's good. If I don't want to replay the game immediately after my first or second playthrough, it's a flop IMO.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Pokemon- It's a combination of near impossible 100% completion, competitive gameplay, and general fun that makes this game so replayable.

Pixel Dungeon- You have to be clever to make a lastable Android game, and pixel dungeon does just that. It's a randomized dungeon you infinitely traverse through. INFINITE. You can't get better than infinite.

Dungeons and Dragons- I'm just gonna say it, I'm a little geeky, so when I heard a DnD club was opening up, my heart skipped a beat. DnD is the pinnacle of an infinite game. A plethora of races, classes, scenarios, dungeons and temples lies in your midst. It's addicting, challenging, and a general good time.

Minecraft- Minecraft's replayability is equivalent to your creativity. Basically, the more will and imagination you have, the more time you will get out of this game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think the games I have replayed the most times are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokémon Sapphire, and Luigi's Mansion. There are very few games that I could play over and over again and not get tired of them, these 3 are among those titles.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I find it odd that people would name Pokemon...but that's mainly because I see replaying as a game as starting over and beating it start to finish again...and I can't see many people wanting to re-level all of their Pokemon.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I never tire of any Etrian Odyssey games. There's always a different way to play, like new ways to customize your explorers whether it be from changing their portrait, changing their skills or subclasses. Plus, since your adventuring party is essentially a bunch of cardboard silent protagonists who occasionally get in an action or two (depending on the narrative), you can get even more creative in what they happen to be like. And there's always the postgame nightmare that is the sixth labyrinth. There's always that, too.

I also never get bored of Advance Wars games. Amassing an army and funds, capturing cities and HQs, powering through my enemies in my tank and fighter planes until an anti-tank and anti-air spoils my fun, and its sudden ramp in difficulty never bores me. And since Days of Ruin has online capabilities, you can pit your tactical knowledge against other Advance Wars players. A few minutes of gameplay can easily turn into several hours. It's a real shame that Intelligent Systems has left this series to gather dust.

Dan

Retro platformers, I think it's the simplistic nature of those games that make it easy to jump into, and the nostalgia that make it great to play anytime I like. Good examples would be the retro sonic series, crash bandicoot series, Spyro PS1 series, Mario games, both old and new. I can't think of many games with heavy story that I could play over and over.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
FTL: Faster Than Light - Randomly generated worlds and easy moddability make this game an excellent choice.

Minecraft - Again with the random generation, plus with a lot more creativity.

Pokemon - I know some people dislike redoing the story, but there are so many things you can do differently it's not much of an issue.

Clank

Hmm
Ratchet and Clank(I can only vouch for the PS2 titles) with challenge mode, just experimenting perhaps with making the game harder, maybe not using the larger weapons to fight the enemies, perhaps trying to clear a level with only your blaster or something when the enemies are harder(Deadlocked with all of its flaws did this really well...)

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Pokemon Yellow. These games represent my childhood, and give me a great deal of nostalgia. I could replay them over and over and never get tired of their gameplay, storyline, and iconic music.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm a bit confused by the number of Pokemon responses myself. Rarely have I ever started over a Pokemon game that wasn't dedicated to my competitive team... and even then, it's not very often. Pokemon's one of those series where it's often more fun to just KEEP PLAYING rather than starting all over again.

Anyway, most Zelda games I could frequently replay. The series has always had great longevity, even in its weakest entries. Same goes for Super Mario, outside of Sunshine (and probably 64, since its controls are borderline intolerable today), as well as Metroid, outside of the original two games. Any Naughty Dog & Valve game would also fall into this category, with maybe the exception of L4D2, and I can't think of a single PS1 Spyro game I wouldn't indefinitely revisit. And, of course, I couldn't forget about the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

There are bound to be others I could list (such as Fire Emblem), but that's the gist of it, I'd say.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Final Fantasy 8.

I replay that game almost yearly, I love it. It's hilarious too, by the time I get to Disc 2 Squall usually has thousands of HP and is hitting harder than any GF with just his basic attack cos I know the game so well by now. :P But I just love that game so much and unlike some of my other favourite games, like Deus Ex, it's still aged quite well and is a load of fun!

Other than that, I don't tend to replay many games that often. I tend to only replay games when a new one in the series comes out, and refresh myself if its been some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom