• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

8 Er So Things

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
That confuse me (generally in SS) I'll count later.

1. THE SONG WHEN YOU FIRST MEET ZELDA. In the Isle of the Goddess, and again when Zelda jumps onto your bird after you win, a song is playing that has a really short melody part. WHY does it sound so familiar!?!?!?!?!?! *note: since there's some confusion, NOT the song that she sings, the one in the background when you are talking to her and her dad.

2. The Skyward Strike goes farther and is more concentrated after you have the Master Sword (not sure if it's gradually or all at once) but when you get into Hero Mode, the regular Goddess Sword maintains these properties. Glitch, intentional, or am I imagining it (97.438% sure I'm not)??

3.Axle the Beast, if you happen to read this, where do you record the Curiosity Shops?? I mean, it looks like you're just sitting at the top of your stairs, but that seems like such an odd place to do that.

4. Now I've got that song that sounds so familiar stuck in my head and can't think of what else I wanted to say . . . just give it a minute (*goes and plays Skyward Sword for an hour to refresh memory*)

5. Oh Yeah!! Now I remember. There are two islands in The Sky that are darker, sharper, and look fairly blow up-able. How the heck are you supposed to get a bomb to em?? You can't land on them, you slide off, and the bottom of the island isn't like the top, it looks normal.

6. The skydivers above the Lumpy Pumpkin-- do they even do anything (other than skydive)??

7. Since when is everything so expensive?? I've got 5,900 rupees.

Wow, I only actually had 6 things. I'll probably think of some more later, though. Tell what you think on these, and if you know why that song is so familiar tell me because it's driving me crazy!!

8. Ahh, see? It's only about 4 minutes later and I already have to edit. There is one Goddess in SS, Hylia. Though they constantly refer to the ancient Gods who created the Triforce. I thought this was just another one of those instances where Zelda contradicts itself, and it fits because of the time difference, though Din, Farore, and Nayru still have presence in SS. So what are they, if not the Goddesses why created the Triforce?? Then my brother was playing OoT, and there was a mention of Gods there too. What is going on??

9. Hylian/Hyrulean/Human Someone help me out here . . . Hylian race, Hyrulean nationality, Human what?? *mass confusion*

Look at that, I did have 8!

Last edited:
2. The Skyward Strike goes farther and is more concentrated after you have the Master Sword (not sure if it's gradually or all at once) but when you get into Hero Mode, the regular Goddess Sword maintains these properties. Glitch, intentional, or am I imagining it (97.438% sure I'm not)??
5. Oh Yeah!! Now I remember. There are two islands in The Sky that are darker, sharper, and look fairly blow up-able. How the heck are you supposed to get a bomb to em?? You can't land on them, you slide off, and the bottom of the island isn't like the top, it looks normal.

6. The skydivers above the Lumpy Pumpkin-- do they even do anything (other than skydive)??

9. Hylian/Hyrulean/Human Someone help me out here . . . Hylian race, Hyrulean nationality, Human what?? *mass confusion*

Look at that, I did have 8!

2.When you start Hero Mode and bath your sword with the light inside the statue of the Goddess, as you do in any run when you get the goddess sword, it says your sword can now do fully charged skyward strikes, that means they are as powerfull as one from the true master sword. Later in Hero Mode, the only thingthat will change is how fast it charges

5.Thats because you are not supposed to use bombs, here is a clue: you should not get off of your bird, think about how to do it

6.You just have to "touch" every of them and they give you about 20 rupees, other than that I dont know

9.Humans are the races that look like... humans :P. Through the games, Hylians are the people with the long ears, they are humans, but other humans do not have long ears and they are not hylians

you can always read the wiki: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Human

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Haha I guess I was spamming through that part since I had already heard it before, Ima go play it and figure out what you mean now, and so Human is more like a species, and Hylian is a race . . . ahh, that makes sense now . . . Thanks cucco002 for answering some of those!

Hmm... I posted a similar thread to this several months back, and apparently, I was the only one oblivious to the reasonings behind the examples I had shared... Dx Kind of embarrassing, right? ;p I'd say these threads are different enough to be left as they are, but I suppose if a moderator felt it was necessary, they could merge the two.

---
Well, some I haven't seen been mentioned yet:

How about the fact that even though the Master Sword is the Blade of Evil's Bane, those the Bokoblins during the Eldin Volcano eruption were able to steal it from Link? There's something wrong with that. xD

Oh! The LD-301 series robots [the adorable ones in Lanayru] appear to be breathing--and they also blink. I never thought a synthetic life-form really had the need to do either of those things. [There is a 60% chance that Fi would make a funny analysis about this as she did with the Kikwis being a cross between plants and animals--er, if I were able to point it out to her. ;p]

How about the fact that even though the Master Sword is the Blade of Evil's Bane, those the Bokoblins during the Eldin Volcano eruption were able to steal it from Link? There's something wrong with that. xD

Dont forget how it was the only item they decided to throw instead of keep it, without doubt:

Fi said:
None of them are intelligent by any definition of the word.

Non-Epic

Resident Cucco Kicker
Labrynna, because Hyrule is too mainstream.
3. It's really funny that you noticed that. huh.

5. I think you are supposed to spin dash into them.

8. I think Hylia is like the goddess of Time or something. I think it was meant to show the differences between Skyloft and Hyrule, and to show it changing over time. I think gods is meant to encompass all the gods.

9. Hylian is a race of humans, with pointy ears that are closer to the goddess. The Hylians are the main race in Hyrule, the Hyruleans are all the races living in Hyrule, such as Zora, Goron, etc. The ordonians are Human, not Hylian, and Hyrulean, they are from Hyrule but not Hylian, just humans.

And guess what? UR HUMAN

Feral

The Drifter
Hmm... I posted a similar thread to this several months back, and apparently, I was the only one oblivious to the reasonings behind the examples I had shared... Dx Kind of embarrassing, right? ;p I'd say these threads are different enough to be left as they are, but I suppose if a moderator felt it was necessary, they could merge the two.

---
Well, some I haven't seen been mentioned yet:

I don't think the bokoblins could even pick it up, even if they did only Link can use it. I think they just left it where they found it. Happens so the master sword landed really far away from Link or the bokoblins hauled him far from it while he was koed.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
1. THE SONG WHEN YOU FIRST MEET ZELDA. In the Isle of the Goddess, and again when Zelda jumps onto your bird after you win, a song is playing that has a really short melody part. WHY does it sound so familiar!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm a little lost here...

When you first draw the Goddess Sword in Hero Mode, an additional text box pops up that reads something along the lines of: "Memories of violent battles flash through your mind. Your Skyward Strike is now at its fullest power!" Not too sure how Link "remembers" these things when he's started over -- but then again, it seems like he's just reliving the past in a different way. XP

Use your Loftwing's Spiral Charge into them. :) They'll break apart as if you blew up a bomb.

Those colorful flying squirrels can be collected after you skydive above them. They'll float around you until you pick all of them up by moving onto them. Once you collect all of the squirrels, you are awarded a Red Rupee. :) (The squirrels are also found above Bamboo Island.)

7. Since when is everything so expensive?? I've got 5,900 rupees.
Well, Nintendo said that they wanted to make Rupees a lot more useful, unlike in Twilight Princess, where there's Rupees virtually everywhere but nothing to spend it on. Unfortunately, while SS was pretty good at keeping Rupee use up, halfway through the game, I ran out of things to spend them on.

8. Ahh, see? It's only about 4 minutes later and I already have to edit. There is one Goddess in SS, Hylia. Though they constantly refer to the ancient Gods who created the Triforce. I thought this was just another one of those instances where Zelda contradicts itself, and it fits because of the time difference, though Din, Farore, and Nayru still have presence in SS. So what are they, if not the Goddesses why created the Triforce?? Then my brother was playing OoT, and there was a mention of Gods there too. What is going on??
The general populace do not know of the "old Gods." They only know Hylia, possibly because of her great sacrifice to the land. It was much more recent than the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce, that's for sure. The "old Gods" that certain characters refer to are indeed Din, Nayru, and Farore. They were the ones who created the Triforce and entrusted Hylia as its protector.

Hylians have pointed ears and magic-infused blood. During the beginning of the timeline, Hylians were the dominant race; humans were nowhere to be found. (This is important -- most people tend to believe that Hylians are a different form of human, but it seems to be the other way around since Hylians existed first.) Humans later came into Hyrule somehow and slowly ate up the Hylians by the end of the timeline. A mix of Hylians and humans can be seen in games like Twilight Princess. Ordonians are humans, but they are not the only ones in that game.

"Hyrulean" refers to anyone who lives in Hyrule. It's a nationality, not an ethnicity. For example, a Zora living in Hyrule is called a Hyrulean. Regardless of race of species, being born or living in Hyrule means that you are Hyrulean.

Hope that cleared things up for you. ;)

Those colorful flying squirrels can be collected after you skydive above them. They'll float around you until you pick all of them up by moving onto them. Once you collect all of the squirrels, you are awarded a Red Rupee. :) (The squirrels are also found above Bamboo Island.)

And others, like the volcano-like island:

228px-Sword_1590.jpg
228px-Sword_3185.jpg

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
JuicieJ, you're not thinking of the right song, not the Ballad of the Goddess that she sings, the one that plays in the background when she's talking. EternalNocturne, that was helpful, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom