• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS Launch Titles: What Are You Getting?

Earlier, I sold my soul to Nintendo by reserving a 3DS at Gamestop. Though the 50 dollar minimum practically set my wallet aflame, I feel good about being ahead of the game here. Its been a long time since I've had a great enough excitement in video games to even buy new material, much less reserve it. But its been many months since we all first layed eyes on the new portable system, and still not many of us know exactly what those graphics will look like. Its undeniable that the 3D effects are a major part of the hype and a big reason why myself and many others want to nab this jewel at launch.

I'm sure there are still some who haven't reserved their 3DS or maybe even made the decision to buy one. I can't imagine that here at Zelda Dungeon there would too many of those people though, with Ocarina of Time 3D just a few months separated from the system's launch date. So this thread pretty much goes out to the people who have already made the commitment, such as myself, and those who will for sure, with 100% certainty, be getting the system at or within the first month or so of launch. I did not reserve a game with the system today, mainly because I didn't want to spill the extra cash after laying down 50 bones all at once. I also don't see much of a point in reserving titles for the system as I feel all launch titles will be in abundance when the system hits. I mean, even though the 3DS is a hot topic, the simple fact that it isn't launching during the holidays gives me confidence that I will be able to get any of the offered launch titles shortly after picking up my system without the need to reserve. I originally had Metal Gear Solid 3 in mind, but found out that it had been pushed back. I'm thinking of Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition, but I'm only a moderate SF fan and feel that I may be passing up the opportunity for something I might enjoy better...

So to those getting a 3DS at our shortly after launch, which game or games are you planning on definitely getting? And why would you rather have said launch titles instead of the some other choices?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I haven't preordered because I'm going to the launch party at Nintendo World in New York City. I don't like the launch titles, really; I'm just going to get Nintendogs + Cats and then download Link's Awakening DX.

I'm definitely going to get OoT once it's out. I think a lot of the appeal for me is the virtual console for it. I have my 3DS preordered in full already (I had the money now, so I figured I may as well), and I'm still considering which games I plan on getting.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I haven't preordered it, mainly because I have no money, but the launch titles aren't as appealing for me... the exception being Paper Mario
however the main reason to acquire the 3DS (for me) is Megaman Legends 3 so I'll wait

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
If Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D ends up being a launch title then Im getting that. Other then that, I don't see anything that interest me to go for on that day other then Super Street Fighter IV 3D. I'm just happy I already pre-ordered my 3DS!

Last edited:

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I have preordered it, but I still haven't chosen. None of the titles really interest me that much, but I'm still going to have to get a game. The two I'm considering are PilotWings Resort and Steel Diver.

I played the original PilotWings on the SNES, and it was really difficult for me. It was really hard to judge distances and the like, but this will obviously be solves with the 3DS. I also really enjoyed the Island Flyover game on Wii Sports Resort, so I think I might like this.
On Steel Diver, you get to move the periscope around with the 3DS's internal gyroscope and shoot at enemy ship- to me, that just sounds fun. Imagine playing that in a swivel chair! There's also a 2D mode, so it sounds pretty cool.

I'm guessing I'm not going to actually decide until I'm in GameStop on the day it comes out, so I guess I'll find out then.

If Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D ends up being a launch title then ism getting that. Other then that, I don't see anything that interest me to go for on that day other then Super Street Fighter IV 3D. I just happy I already pre-ordered my 3DS!

Even though I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, there are a couple of reasons why I won't get RE Mercenaries as the first title. The first and most important reason is the fact that I have owned RE4 twice, once for the GC and then the Wii Edition, not including the copy my brother has for the PS2, as well as Resident Evil 5, both games I've had since their launch date. RE Mercenaries will be nothing more than the Mercenaries levels from those games packed into one pretty much. I don't see a lot of new being brought to the table there, other than the 3D graphics and controls, which brings me to the next reason I'm waiting on that title. The controls scheme isn't something that I have the utmost confidence in right now. With that said, I will get RE Mercenaries as long as the controls aren't terrible, but it will be at a later time than launch.

I'm aware that SSF4 is also pretty much a port, but I never actually owned that game so it wins so far.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Even though I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, there are a couple of reasons why I won't get RE Mercenaries as the first title. The first and most important reason is the fact that I have owned RE4 twice, once for the GC and then the Wii Edition, not including the copy my brother has for the PS2, as well as Resident Evil 5, both games I've had since their launch date. RE Mercenaries will be nothing more than the Mercenaries levels from those games packed into one pretty much. I don't see a lot of new being brought to the table there, other than the 3D graphics and controls, which brings me to the next reason I'm waiting on that title. The controls scheme isn't something that I have the utmost confidence in right now. With that said, I will get RE Mercenaries as long as the controls aren't terrible, but it will be at a later time than launch.

I'm aware that SSF4 is also pretty much a port, but I never actually owned that game so it wins so far.

I know I'm late but, it's not just a port of those games. It will feature new modes, more characters, gun customazation just like in Resident Evil 4 and 5, I even heard that it will feature character customazation (don't know how that works), alternate costumes, areas from previous Resident Evil games, better graphics, 3D, easy weapon switching thanks to the touch screen, and who knows what else? So yeah, not just a crappy port from Capcom. I'm seriously looking foward to this game. Capcom has never disapointed me when it comes to Resident Evil.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
The US launch titles aren't exactly appealing...sure, we have SSFIV and Pilotwings Resort, but those aren't my kind of games. And the rest of them...aren't the best, to put it nicely. Nintendogs+Cats? Puzzle games?! What happened to the days of awesome launch titles, Nintendo?!

I've already pre-ordered it, but I'm probably going keep playing my DS games until the better games are released.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Ahhhh. Nobody is hyped about the Samurai warriors Chronicles. It lOOKs AWESOME. Also since i have never played OoT I want that also. I also want Street Fighter.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Well, I'm probably not going to get one of the launch titles. XD None of them really interest me. Paper Mario, Starfox, and Kid Icarus are the big ones that interest me, and since none of them are launch titles... yeah.

I'm looking forward to Nintendogs + Cats to get used to the 3D effects and Streetpass and Augmented Reality. Then I'm REALLY looking forward to OoT 3D, Paper Mario, and Mario Kart. I was reading an interview in the Nintendo Power issue I got yesterday and there'll be a main series Mario game sometime as well!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
After looking at the prices for the 3DS, I can safely say that I will not be getting one. I simply do not have that sort of money. Perhaps some time down the road if the thing becomes cheaper I will think about getting it.
After for what I Would get, I'm not sure about many games, especially not the launches, but I would be interested in getting OoT and Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
After looking at the prices for the 4DS, I can safely say that I will not be getting one. I simply do not have that sort of money. Perhaps some time down the road if the thing becomes cheaper I will think about getting it.
After for what I Would get, I'm not sure about many games, especially not the launches, but I would be interested in getting OoT and Kid Icarus.

Lol! 4DS?

Well, I was thinking about getting it for Christmas or waiting for a new cheaper(money wise)version that I know will happen just like with any handheld Nintendo has. But I said the hell with it and pre-ordered mine and traded my DSI in to get 75 bucks towards it. So far I only put 100 bucks towards it.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I also preordered the system in full with my tax return. As for launch titles I am looking to get either Nintendogs + Cats or Asphalt 3D. I am leaning more for Asphalt as I am a racing fanatic. Probably pick up Nintendogs after a couple months or so when I can get one used for a little cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom