• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS Health Risks

does the 3ds have any health risks? i heard that its dangerous if you are less then 7 years old. Im 15, so there shouldn't be any health risks right?
I also heard that playing with the 3d turned on can give you head pains, is true? did any of you had does problems while playing?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Playing video games OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME can give headaches, eye strains, a minor migraine and general pain around the area of the head, and eyes

There's nothing wrong, but moderation usually must be enforced. 3D does that, which is why the battery is 4 hours long :P To MAKE you stop playing while it recharges SO you can rest :P Just rest and stop playing, stretch your arms, look at a far away object then a near one and back and forth for awhile to exercise focus in the eyes.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
People say playing video games in general is dangerous for your health, and that's not true (unless you spend, like, just about all of your time playing them and don't exercise, which is the real health risk). The 3D function is not really dangerous at all. It affects different people in different ways, and some people do get minor headaches from it, but if you don't turn it on all the way (like, a little less than halfway up, which is the best imo), you should be perfectly fine. It takes a bit to get used to, so it may be a bit straining at first, but it should become second-nature very quickly. You should have nothing to worry about. ^^

(But if you do constantly start getting headaches from it, don't use it that often just to be safe.)

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
It has health risks just like every other electronic device does these days. Or more accurately potential health risks

The idea is that you adjust the settings to suit you as a indivdual so you aren't straining yourself and making those risks happen. I would suggest that you keep in mind that the 3D can be turned off and that the brightness may need to be adjusted to be comfortable.
I vaguely recall the health booklet advising that you stop playing after 10-15 minutes if the 3D is on at it's maximum.

I've had one incident of being really ill but in all honesty that was my mistake. For one reason or another it didn't occur to me that I would need to hold the 3DS at a different angle than my usual when the 3D was on, I ended up seeing the various frames moving at different speeds which led to motion sickness.
Since then i've kept the 3D off when playing, only turning it on during cutscenes and even then placing the hand-held on a surface that I had to look down upon.

Haven't had a problem since then.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I don't use it much, I find it irritating that when yiu move it, or if it's not centered with your eyes, it gets fuzzy or you go cross-eyed. . . It's still enjoyable to p.ay with or without the 3D. It's not like they made it so that you could only play it using the 3D feature. (thank Nayru for Nintendo not making it that way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom