• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3 Heart Challenge

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
So, I wanna try to beat OoT with just 3 hearts. Are there any like, rules to a proper 3 heart challenge? Obviously you can only have 3 hearts, but what about upgrades such as magic meter, or bigger quivers? Or am I just thinking too much? :S

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yes, 3-heart-run means that you can use everything besides heart pieces/containers. If that's still too easy for you, you can try to beat the game with further limitations: no fairies/potions, no defense upgrade, no magic meter upgrade, no bomb/arrow upgrades, no tunics (I've actually seen a vid of someone beating the water temple without Zora tunic, but I don't know if less hearts=less time to breathe analogous to the vulcano stay time so I don't know if it's possible with 3 hearts) and so on. But I think I'd have trouble with Phantom Ganon and the iron knuckles, as they can do 3 or 4 hearts damage.

bds1110

Imp
I have done the THC several times. The only requirement is that you have three hearts. You can go crazy with any other item upgrades/magic upgrades. You can still avoid those if you want to make it harder, though. ;)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Yes, 3-heart-run means that you can use everything besides heart pieces/containers. If that's still too easy for you, you can try to beat the game with further limitations: no fairies/potions, no defense upgrade, no magic meter upgrade, no bomb/arrow upgrades, no tunics (I've actually seen a vid of someone beating the water temple without Zora tunic, but I don't know if less hearts=less time to breathe analogous to the vulcano stay time so I don't know if it's possible with 3 hearts) and so on. But I think I'd have trouble with Phantom Ganon and the iron knuckles, as they can do 3 or 4 hearts damage.

I know I can beat the Fire Temple without a fire tunic, I've done it before, just not with only 3 hearts...
It'd be fun to try and put as many limitations as possible :)
Phantom Ganon, iron knuckles, morpha (sp?), and dark link are all gonna be tough fights for me that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom