• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2D to 3D

Which game would you change to 3D?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• None

• Total voters

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
If you could have Nintendo make any 2D Zelda game into a 3D one, which one would it be? Or would you not want any to be changed?

I would love Minish Cap to be made into a 3D game. It had a large overworld, so there would be lots of room to roam around. Plus, it would be really funny to see Ezlo above your head every second.:lol: Also, seeing Vaati in 3D would be epic!

S

seacher99

I remember a fanmade 3D AoL and it was not a lot of fun, although it was well done. Except of AoL I think every 2D Zelda would be great in 3D. Most ALttp, LA and MC.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I've thought about this before, and I would want them to remake aLttP in 3D, but only if they could have it live up to the original. If they're going to water it down then I say don't even bother. It would need to have not one, but two large and complex overworlds in 3D. Nintendo would also need to think of a way to travel seamlessly between them with the magic mirror. The magic mirror teleporting worked well because the original aLttP was tile-based, but I think it would be awkward in 3D. And most importantly, I don't want the game polluted with post-aLttP elements. For example, I would not want the Gorons and friendly Zoras to appear in it. As much as I love them, I would want the remake to stay as true to the original as it can.

Overall, I think it would have A LOT to live up to. At its best it could be an epic retelling of a Link to the Past in 3D, and at its worst it could completely destroy my childhood memories of aLttP... Sometimes these games should not be tampered with, as it would leave a lot of people dissapointed.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'll go with the first one. It's a classic and deserves a 3D remake. Just picture going through that land and seeing it like never before. You could actually see the world and characters much better and clearer with cutscenes and story. Since I believe this is the last in the series along with it's sequel due to it not having the Master Sword and barely any life on it, it would look cool if the land looked more sad. Going to Death Mountain and seeing no more Gorons and seeing things that remind us of them and some easter eggs.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I'll wait to see what OoT looks like in 3D for me to make a final decision on what game I'd like see in 3D. I think you have to see one first to be able to ask for another.

I chose Link's Awakening because I've always felt this game deserved a 3D remake. I think it had the deepest storyline of any Zelda game (although it had nothing to do with actual Zelda lore) but the dated version didn't have enough memory to really illustrate anything deep. I think it could be made into an incredible story about returning home, but at the amazing cost of the entire lives of an island full of innocent people.....A really great article was written about how this game could be much darker than MM or TP ever hoped to be. I would've chosen a remake of this game over OoT if they went for that feel for the game.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
If done right, AoL could be pretty good converted to a 3d game, especially the boss fights.

Kybyrian

I personally don't think that any of the 2D Zelda games should be remade in 3D. They were all made with the 2D graphics in mind and making them 3D would ruin all or most of the puzzles that were in the game, and they would have to basically recreate everything. It would hardly be the same game aside from the enemies and storyline.

For example, the seed shooter in OoA. It could hardly work in 3D because it was made for a 2D game. It was used to bounce off of walls and solve puzzles by doing so, and this couldn't be done in a 3D Zelda game.

Also, it's traditional for the 3D Zelda games to make Link jump when he comes to an edge. In order to make a 3D game work they'd probably need some sort of ledges somewhere in the game, you just can't have flat land all the time, it would be boring. But, adding the ability to climb ledges and jump when you come to an edge would eliminate Roc's Feather.

There are all kinds of examples like this if you look at the other 2D games. One of the only ones that would really work would maybe be the original Legend of Zelda. Even then I don't know how many people would want that to be remade. It would also feel like a completely different game.

If there are going to remake a game in 3D, it still has to be an overhead gameplay like PH and ST. Trying to make it like OoT, TP, WW, and MM just won't feel like the original version of the remake and might create problem with the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom