• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2D Remake?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Seems like a lot of the fans are hopeful for a remake of one of the old 2D Zeldas, ALTTP especially.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the next Zelda game for Switch will be a 2D remake? If so, what game would it be?

I know this is unlikely, but I would love a remake of Minish Cap but in 3D. It's possible Nintendo is working on a 3D version of an old 2D game, whch in my opinion would be a good move coming off of BotW. A completely new game would be a lot more exciting, but I would love to see a 3D version of a 2D title as well.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I should hope not. We need to stop dwelling on old games and embrace what comes next. I'd rather we see a Majora's Mask to Breath of the Wild's Ocarina of Time. Give us new Zelda, not reheated Zelda.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It doesn't take that much effort to remake a game like ALttP, and still love the 2d games almost as much as I do the 3d games, so In other words I want one, and expect one in the next year

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The switch is an interesting thing that may change how Zelda is done. Before BotW they would usually do a console game followed by a couple handheld smaller games. Now that the switch is basically an all in one system will they continue this trend? If I had to take a wild guess I'd say we'll be getting what is essentially a small scale botW featuring toon Link. Maybe it'll have multiplayer even. Whatever they do, I imagine we might here something around the holidays or maybe around the new year about the new Zelda

I know this is unlikely, but I would love a remake of Minish Cap but in 3D. It's possible Nintendo is working on a 3D version of an old 2D game, whch in my opinion would be a good move coming off of BotW. A completely new game would be a lot more exciting, but I would love to see a 3D version of a 2D title as well.

I agree, that would be awesome

Personally, I would love a 3D remake of Link's Awakening. It has my favorite storyline out of the Zelda series and deals with some very deep things while also keeping a whimsical charm which I adore. Reimagined in 3D in perhaps a more gritty light, would make for one of the greatest games in the entire Zelda franchise in my opinion. The original is awesome, but imagine this story in 3D without some of the whimsy. For 2D it was great, but I'd love to see what they could do with this game today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom