• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2016 New Year's Resolutions

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I accomplished a lot, lost a lot, and gained a lot more.

I had more gigs this year than any other year, I played at least once every month and almost every other weekend, especially during the spring and summer. I made two music videos and have them on YouTube.

I did lose friend this year, in fact I lost a lot of my friends from childhood and high school. But...it happened for a reason and honestly it was for the best. Some of those old friends weren't the most positive in the world.

I gained a lot. I met the guy of my dreams, made a bunch of new friends through him and the forums, and gained a lot more self confidence.

My new year's resolution has to be this: Learn how to say NO.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have a few goals I want to set for this year.

• I'm going to be starting collage next semester so I definitely want to try my best to do well.
  • I think I'll start dating again. It's been like 6 months so I guess I'll give it another go.
  • I want to get my band into a recording studio. I think we're finally ready to make some new music.
  • This is really ambitious, but I want to climb Mount Everest. I've been rock climbing for 10 years now. I know I probably won't be able to do it in the coming year so I guess this will be a sort of long term goal.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm not making resolutions for the new year. If I have any goals I am already working towards them. I don't need the date to be January the 1st to put them into action and neither does anybody else. If you have a goal you want to set, you don't need to wait for new year to get on with it. Find a date where you know you're able to start and then off you go.

What G-King said, though I have to add if you're generally lacking motivation (like I do) anything that gets you moving is worth a try.

I'm going to start using my gym membership. I want to start running again, and I would like to run a 5k race at some point. This has been my goal for a while now but my motivation comes and goes. I generally want to be healthier for the new year, and lose a couple inches so that I can be comfortable in a wedding dress.

My next big goal is to apply to a community college, get the ball rolling for becoming a vet assistant.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm not a New Year's Resolution person. There are some goals I achieved this year but I started doing that not because of the New Year plus I started months after 2015 began. I managed to get 2 clothing sizes off. I started to walk and I enjoyed it very much. Because of my temporary job I haven't been able to walk as much as I wanted. So I want to pick this up again in Jan and want to bring my daily steps up to 20000 a day. So far I have been doing 15000 a day. Plus I want to finish my Graphical Designer education. That's all I got for 2016.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't make resolutions and I don't like setting hard goals for non-critical, personal stuff. I would like to continue the weight loss project I started last year, that's about it. But I can't. I can only excersize effectively without aggravating my injury on a bicycle and a stationary just isn't doing it for me. What makes it biking work is how I can day dream on it and that lets me go much further much more often because it takes my mind off the stress. And I can't get that to work on a stationary so I need a real bike and obviously I can't do that until decent weather in the spring. Soon as I can though, I'll be on it and down the bike path south of town as often as I can.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't really believe in new years resolutions because, as @G-King said, if you're gonna do something you'll do it, it being a new year doesn't make it more likely. Saying that, I have some general near-future aims which I'm already in the process of but I suppose are worth stating/reinforcing:

1. Stay sane. Don't get ill or messed up.
2. Lose weight (I'm trying)
3. Don't **** up a good thing by being me.
4. Hang on to what I have that is worth having
5. Stop trying to hang onto people who clearly don't want to be in my life and focus on the people who actually deserve my time.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I completely forgot that resolutions were a thing last year. And by the time I was reminded, it was too late and I just lacked any motivation to pursue any goals. However this year, I really want to quit my habit of procrastinating on school work. Ever since freshman year, I've gotten by with it, maintaining A's. But now, as a junior... it's ****in hell lmao. Grades have definitely been dropping so I want to stop that and get my **** back together during second semester haha.

Also, I kind of wanna join a band as I play guitar, but ehh... I lack the confidence for that. I guess I could work on my confidence too. Anyway ye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom