• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I should be surprised, but I'm not. Lucario has already made his comeback, and even though it's widely thought that Ike replaced Roy in Brawl, this is actually not the case. Roy was originally going to be in Brawl. He even has a working model in Brawl's code, which is used in Project M (same with Mewtwo), so it was basically a 50/50 chance for Ike as to whether or not he'd make it into Smash 4. He got lucky and didn't go the route of Roy.

I still think Chrom is going to be in the game, and I think he's going to be revealed at E3. Aside from the fact that he's Fire Emblem's most recent Lord -- from a game that's only a little over a year old, at that -- someone named Sal Romano correctly predicted Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and (technically) Greninja's appearances in Smash 4, and he has insisted on multiple occasions that Chrom will be playable. Who am I to argue with someone who called Villager & Wii Fit Trainer being added to the roster?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I like Ike a lot, the only Fire Emblem character of the three so far who I care enough about to play as. I'm not surprised on his return, honestly. It seems the only cause some people expected Ike to be removed or replaced is because Roy was, for whatever reason. The same goes for Lucario and Toon Link with Mewtwo and Young Link. All three of those particular aforementioned Brawl characters are back, to no surprise, really. Cuts aren't going to be as extraneous as ever thought.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Can’t wait to do team matches with my boy Marth and his partner Ike in HD! Favorite pastime of mine in Brawl.

eb4.jpg

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 19th May
zlCfzR8aGT8BdV00Vj

Under certain circumstances, the creatures on this planet appear to grow larger and go berserk. The Pikmin and I must be cautious lest we lose our heads to these beasts.
Sakurai's Log - Week Forty-Nine, Day One
Releasing a picture to the public each day has gotten to my head, and I begin to question my sanity.

Tuesday, 20th May
zlCfzR8oF80ufW7Czw

This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside….
The capsule for Assist Trophies was not seen until the Smash Direct last month, even though the feature was known to return since Skull Kid was revealed as a new Assist in December. The capsule glows many colours in a much more lively fashion than the blank-state it was in Brawl.

Wednesday, 21st May
zlCfzR81ZhwczuW-vU

The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

zlCfzR81ZwEkIAyD6J

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.
This is a feature that has been present since the game's reveal last year, in the Wii U version. It reflects how characters appear in many 2D games. This is also the first time we see alternate colour schemes in gameplay, and four of them are present here.

Thursday, 22nd May
zlCfzR9DAQki0zW6OL

In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation.
For at least the 3DS version, players are no longer restricted to three team colour schemes, being Red, Blue and Green. We don't know if this stands true for the Wii U title.

Friday, 23rd May
zlCfzR9PiBEhcvGQjf

Ike, the swordsman of magnificent strength, joins the battle!! Strike your foes down with his powerful smash attacks.

zlCfzR9PiHwo_6Htoe

For this game, Ike's design is based on the hero that appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. His sword deals heavy damage in Smash Bros., so this design suits him very well! Rest assured, he can use Aether as well.
Ike is the second Fire Emblem character to be revealed, the first being Marth, who was shown off last November. He is a veteran from Brawl, and the 24th returning character. Adding the six newcomers, this makes Ike the 30th revealed character.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
A new piece of information I thought I'd bring up is that the Wii U Smash Brothers will apparently use Near-Field Communication (NFC), says a French Nintendo Representative. I have to say I'm speculative.

NINTENDO FRANCE REP SAYS SMASH WII U WILL USE NFC

I do have to admit, I'm interested in the idea of using NFC for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. This concept was first used with the games Skylanders and Disney Infinity and despite that I'm not interested in the two games, they actually have obtained a decent amount of sales. Perhaps it is because the concept of using figurines to advance and use special abilities really makes the game that much enjoyable and I do believe this idea could be implemented very well on Smash Wii U. We could have a lot of character figurines and each of them gives a bit of exclusive content for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. However, one thing that is going through my mind is the price factor for these figurines. With Skylanders and Disney Infinity, a single figurine could cost roughly $10-$15 and new ones are always being made all the time. I do believe with Smash 4, there will be a limit as you can only work with so many characters and if there was a limit, I believe the limit would be solely based on the complete roster of the game meaning we might get over 40 figurines or possibly reach 50 even. That means we would potentially need to spend another $500-$600 if we really want to experience everything the game has to offer. Perhaps Nintendo could make sets of 3-5 characters for roughly $10-$15 and I would believe that would help fix this potential predicament. Hopefully we get more news on this when E3 arrives.

In other news, I am very excited for the revealment of Ike. I always loved using him in both Brawl and Project M and it's great that now he is designed to be closer to his appearance in Radiant Dawn. From we know about Ike, it looks like he will be keeping a good portion of his move set from Brawl and getting some buffs as well, which I don't mind that much since I actually enjoyed Ike's moveset from Brawl. On the topic of the revealment of a Fire Emblem character, a lot of people are starting to question if Chrom will make an appearance in the game. Personally, I think that Smash 4 will be the first official Smash Bros. game to feature three Fire Emblem characters in the roster. If Chrom doesn't appear in the game, that's alright by mean as I can understand as Chrom would have a difficult time trying to be unique with his own moveset since Marth is all about speed and angling the tip of the sword while Ike is slower but has a lot of power. However it would be nice to have Chrom and Lucina alternate costumes for Ike and Marth respectively.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I want Lucina! She could contrast to the bulkier male characters and rely more on speed and agility. She could could utilize quick jabs and rolls for an effective light Fire Emblem character. Also, her Final Smash should be some sort of forward slash attack that features and animated version of her shouting a battle cry, just like in the game.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I really doubt it, but I wish they could keep at least ONE of the Characters I'm boss with.
Lucario, Meta Knight, Wolf..... those three....
But I think they're replacing Lucario with Greninja, and I don't think they'll keep Meta Knight. (BUT, MAN I HOPE THEY DO)
And I really like Wolf. I like how he's NOT like the others from that series. I love his overall controls.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I really doubt it, but I wish they could keep at least ONE of the Characters I'm boss with.
But I think they're replacing Lucario with Greninja, and I don't think they'll keep Meta Knight. (BUT, MAN I HOPE THEY DO)
And I really like Wolf. I like how he's NOT like the others from that series. I love his overall controls.

Lucario was revealed in January. I thought you would have noticed the immense strength buff he's received, and a Mega Evolution. I'm probably going to start playing as him, in fact. I wouldn't worry about Meta Knight or Wolf being removed.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Wow guys, check this out! Here are the details of the Super Smash Bros. 4 Invitational Tournament!
[video=youtube;eMQySEjyCUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQySEjyCUw&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Nintendo did a good job picking out a fair number of girls. :right: I am surprised though that Mew2King isn't in this.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
So we finally got it, The GameCube Adapter! This is really huge and I can't wait to watch the entire tournament at Twitch! What would be really interesting to see if the Champion gets to battle against Masahiro Sakurai himself that would be amazing to see!!!!! :ssb:

Lucario was revealed this past January and was even shown in the Smash Direct that you can here in case you missed which judging from the wording, it seems that you have but at the same you mentioned Greninja which means you must have at least seen thumbnails linking to live reactions or the actual Smash Direct itself. To keep up to date, I reccommend you visit Sakurai's Miiverse Page on a daily basis from Monday-Friday.

Can we just take a few moments just to glorify the sheer beauty that is the the new GameCube controller? The Smash logo just makes it all the more beautiful!!!!! :love::love::love::love:
tumblr_n6cma2UIhk1sw8d3mo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6cma2UIhk1sw8d3mo2_1280.png

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Can't wait. You can find the official ruleset being used here. We're guaranteed to see 16 of the 20 available characters in the main tournament, since nobody can use the same as another person. I hope all the newcomers are chosen and make it far so we can see more of them. The ten playable characters revealed so far that are not on this limited roster are Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, King Dedede, Lucario, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Yoshi, Charizard and Ike.

Loving the adapter and controller with the Smash Brothers insignia. I'll be picking up one of each, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom