• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Have No Words for This...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I fully agree with both, actually, even if it's silly. Mario is violent. Zelda is violent. All of Nintendo's "super happy family fun" games are violent. Comic mischief is violent or otherwise dangerous behavior. It's the seed that grows into the beanstalk of evil, whether you have been ingratiated to said Seed or not. It may not be as violent as Halo, Red Dead, Call of Duty or whatever...but violent they are nonetheless. Parents need to watch what their kids play, how much of what it is their kids play, and behaviors affected thereof. :I

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I got a huge laugh out of the article's title alone, but Ventus is right. The games are violent. I think people wouldn't normally consider them violent because they don't compare to, for example, FPS games in terms of violence, but they're violent nonetheless. A lot of fighting is done in the games. Whether it's bloody violence or not, violence is still violence. I still find it rather ridiculous that they were named, though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You're missing the point. One, video games being blamed for violence is ****ing asinine. Two... "Cartoon Violence" is, well, cartoony. It's family-friendly. I assure you there has never been anyone on the planet that was inspired to go on a rampage of (attempting to) squashing people by jumping on their heads after playing a Mario game, go slashing people up with a sword after playing a Zelda game, or have extreme road rage after playing Mario Kart.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You're missing the point. One, video games being blamed for violence is ****ing asinine. Two... "Cartoon Violence" is, well, cartoony. It's family-friendly. I assure you there has never been anyone on the planet that was inspired to go on a rampage of (attempting to) squashing people by jumping on their heads after playing a Mario game, go slashing people up with a sword after playing a Zelda game, or have extreme road rage after playing Mario Kart.

No, I understand the point. That's why I say it's ridiculous that they were named. I'm saying that I think they are rightfully called violent, but find it ridiculous that games like them could be blamed for the violent actions of people.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not saying its right to deem these games as the harbingers of violence IRL - no game is - but thy still influence people's minds. Do not forget that people are impressionable. The smallest thing can cause a man to go a complete 180 on his ideals.

Hah, laughable. Funny how no one went after old cartoons like Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry when, in fact, said shows actually showcased REAL, IMITATIBLE violence—the kind of stuff that a kid could do when they so pleased...

Impressionable or not, most of the time it's a scenario in which a person might have suffered from a mental illness that, for whatever reason, was left unchecked/ignored. Said person also might have coincidentally been a big fan of video games; shooters, perhaps. Unfortunately, it is only after said person has gone out and shot up a school full of children [and offed themself] that their mental stability is questioned, at which point their gaming habits are deemed culpable. Riiight... because everyone knows that it is easier to blame a video game than to take accountability for one's own ignorance and/or negligence.

Non-gamers on the outside looking in, do your effing research first.

That is all...

Now excuse me while I fly off with my wing cap; defeat a giant, anthropomorphic turtle using living, breathing, animated bullets; and save a princess...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...Where...please dear God tell me where Animal Crossing and Wii Sports is violent...

Dan

After playing Mario for no more than 5 minutes I had the urge to start jumping on turtles in real life. I'm sorry but someone seriously needs to ban this sick filth.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
good post JJ, this is all complete ********! all the games mentions Minus COD and Halo, are well..... Kid games, who the hell is gonna.... you know what this is not even worth my time and stress cuz if i go on, its gonna be a long post, those two link got me Extremely Angry

I fully agree with both, actually, even if it's silly. Mario is violent. Zelda is violent. All of Nintendo's "super happy family fun" games are violent. Comic mischief is violent or otherwise dangerous behavior. It's the seed that grows into the beanstalk of evil, whether you have been ingratiated to said Seed or not. It may not be as violent as Halo, Red Dead, Call of Duty or whatever...but violent they are nonetheless. Parents need to watch what their kids play, how much of what it is their kids play, and behaviors affected thereof. :I

well then blame the parents being BAD parents, not the games, and everything you said about Mario being Violent is complete ********, Sorry Ven i love you but, your are no better than the ones writing these article and with that attitude, your half the problem, if that is your true Views

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom