• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doctor Who Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the last page It almost seems as if Axle gave his approval for others to go after Monkey.
It "almost seems"??? That's exactly what I said. I think everyone should vote Monkey. I think he's a good choice for a lynch, and I think he's a better call than a No Lynch. That's how you're typically supposed to play Mafia by... actually gathering together and voting for someone. People love to use bandwagoning as a dirty word, but ultimately it's the most effective thing to do. After all, what happens if people don't come together and agree on a target?

EBWODP: That was rhetorical.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I think Axle is right. And we can all agree that Monkey has been acting rather scummy. If he turns out to be scum, thats great! If he doesn't, then, as Raindrop so nicely put it, "it wont be a great loss."

Anyway, at this point it doesn't even look like anyone is getting lynched today. So I guess Monkey gets a chance to defend himself properly tomorrow (if he survives the night that is).

Vote: monkeyfightsquad

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
FoS: VioLink
You seem to be easily influenced by other people. Not sure if that's because it's your first game, but I'm not entirely sure.

Okay.....?
Monkey: You seem too suspicious.I think it's because that you instantly vote Thareous.I'm gonna give you one more chance.If you pop another suspicious thing,then I'll vote for him.....and is he even here now?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Okay.....?

What are you doing? Don't let an accusation fly by your head like that. Defend yourself and explain your position.

Monkey: You seem too suspicious.I think it's because that you instantly vote Thareous.I'm gonna give you one more chance.If you pop another suspicious thing,then I'll vote for him.....and is he even here now?

No, he is not. He is in Colorado until Friday. :)

Just for the record even though I can no longer persuade people.

Winning a Mafia game is not solely based on how good of players you have. It's based on how many people you have left at the end of the day. The town stays alive as long as you can outnumber the mafia, and once that line is crossed the mafia wins. Thus, the number of people we have on the town side is extremely valuable, even if it is someone inexperienced or a simple vanilla townie. Games are often decided on that one townie (or more) that you accidentally killed.

ANYONE who says losing a townie "won't be a great loss" is terribly wrong and ranks highly suspicious in my mafia book.

I've always said that, Josh, in literally every game since the very first Mafia I played. It's not so much the idea that "oh they suck, we can do without them", but more the fact that if you have to kill someone, you're running less risk killing someone who isn't very good. This is why you'll often see me wanting to hold off as long as possible on voting for very experienced players, because we lose the most killing them if they're innocent.

EBWODP: I agree that the more players are alive the better your chances, but it's not the only element. I always will believe that active lynching is generally pretty crucial.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I don't think we got to 10. I counted 8. The post that I quoted was from Day 1.

VioLink's not defending herself....

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
As of right now, there is 6 for Monkey and 9 for No Lynch. I have a question, are you sure we can even vote no lynch? He never mentions we can vote a No Lynch in his original post.

B

balloondude2

As of right now, there is 6 for Monkey and 9 for No Lynch. I have a question, are you sure we can even vote no lynch? He never mentions we can vote a No Lynch in his original post.

Read rule 8 on David's First post :P

plz read #8 plz

This Game's Rules

Since this is a more advanced game of Mafia, I am going to be listing rules that apply to this round of the game.

1. Be Active - You must be active to stay in this game. You must make at least 1 post per day cycle in order to stay in this game, unless you get permission from me for none. Don't kill the game with inactivity.
  2. No Name Claiming or Role Claiming - Please please please do not break this rule. It is imperative that you do not share any information about your role with anyone in this game. You will see why as we get going.
  3. No editing your posts - Standard rule. Just don't do it.
  4. Only post during the day period - Again, very standard. Thread will probably be locked at night anyway.
  5. Do not reveal any information when you die - Don't ruin the game just because you die. You still might have a chance to win.
  6. Do not discuss this game outside this thread - Unless I gave you a specific Quicktopic to use, do not discuss this game anywhere else.
  7. Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Player X. Please post these in BOLD
  8. No Lynch is allowed in this round

That last part bothers me. But I think he's a townie. He's just making a ton of newbie mistakes.

Look at the unnofficial tallly I took a few posts ago and compare it to this one. Notice anything? Bandwagoning itself isn't anything. Repetitive bandwagoning is.
FoS: PK Flash and Timeless
Both of you have been bandwagoning on both days. AND you're one of the last ones to vote on both days.

How much do we need for a majority lynch?

I'm sorry, to be late, but how is agreeing with what others say and rethinking myself scummy? I have no idea what Pk Flash's motives are, but I don't see what I'm doing. It's not like I'm switching my vote every hour or two. And, I was one of the first to vote today, look back, it's there.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Does anyone else find it strange that Balloondude just shows up out of the blue, says, "if we need 10 votes.....", and then votes a No Lynch? Because I find it strange. It's probably not worth changing but I'm gonna definitely watch him. He's clearly a newb player but I treat everyone with equall suspicion.

FoS-Balloondude2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom