• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
There are things to do after the completion of most if not all 4 levels for 100% completion. But MM is cool and let's you skip to the boss of a level you've beaten if you need to like, change winter to spring, or whatnot.
Amen to that! If they didn't let you do that, theres no way in hell I would have gotten the Gilded Sword.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
It depends on your tastes. Majora's Mask WAS the origin of my username because it had the coolest bosses and side quests. Ocarina of Time was way more epic. NOW adays, I'd say that epicness owns all else and say oot is better.

S

Standard Gamer

It depends on your tastes. Majora's Mask WAS the origin of my username because it had the coolest bosses and side quests. Ocarina of Time was way more epic. NOW adays, I'd say that epicness owns all else and say oot is better.

Why does epicness mean anything anyway?

Mehplep

Simply awesome
C'mon, MM not epic? An evil mask with abnormous powers comes to a harmless Skull Kid, who decides to destoy the whole world by breaking the moons orbit and calls it to crash into Termina within three days. It's epic, very epic indeed...

And like Standard Gamer said, what does the epicness of the game matter anyway? You don't deicide witch game you should play by how epic the plotline is, the gameplay is waaaaay more important.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
Your understanding me wrong. If I had to chose which game I would recommend more, I would never be able to answer. I'm saying I consider OoT more epic than MM, and that is why I personally enjoy playing it more. Epicness usually means nothing in my opinion on games...Legend of Zelda and Metroid are my usual exceptions.

Second, I said Majora's Mask was LESS epic. I never said it wasn't epic. I just thought it needed a few....you know....tweaks in a few places.

B

bob

i think that oot is better because of the dungeons which are my favriot part of the game

L

LordVurtax

Okay I obviously voted for Ocarina. I know people more focus that Ocarina was a better game. But Majoro's mask brought a different feel to Zelda. Heck even the first boss in Majoro is harder than Ganon in Ocarina (how much i need to finish Master Quest) Majoro made it all the harder how you had a time limit before you had to loose everything you saved up (Unless you put money in the bank) Majoro is a lot harder game than Ocarina. But the storyline is nowhere near as epic considering Termina is the afterlife. Not the already living.

But that's my understanding. And it's kinda screwed:confused:

Termina is not the afterlife...and its MAJORA. Do we need Zelda 101? lol...But it being the afterlife can be a theory of yours...

L

LordVurtax

My theory of Termina is that the only way for the living to get there is through the lost woods (Which is of course how link got there, same goes for the happy mask shop owner) which would explain how there was the swallowing feeling when Scrub Link went through that one tunnel to Clock Tower.

If you also noticed Koume and Kotake, who died in Ocarina, were in Termina. And many of the people from Hyrule were there as well (i have a whole theory on the flow of the zelda games, that When Ganons return in the legend at the beginning of windwaker was when Link was in Termina, so the people died and moved on to their afterlife)

That's my theory I'll explain more later, i gtg now

Z

Zelda Granny

Can anyone tell me where I might find a copy of "Master Quest" for gamecube? OOT is one of my favorite games and I'd love to try "Master Quest".

OOT>MM, MM was too short and I didn't really like the 3 day limit and how everything you did didn't amount to anything once you warped back to the first day. The gameplay was too cyclical for me, I like linear gameplay. Also no ganon or zelda was really dissappointing.

Can anyone tell me where I might find a copy of "Master Quest" for gamecube? OOT is one of my favorite games and I'd love to try "Master Quest".

I wouldn't recommend shilling out the 35 or 40 bones it would cost to pick it up these days. Only differences are a few graphical upgrades and some new dungeon puzzles everything else is the same.

L

LinkZ1

This is such a tough question. However, I voted for Majora's Mask. Why? I feel that Majora's Mask was a more character driven story than Ocarina was. You end up actually caring for the people in the Bomber's notebook, especially Anju and Kafei. Aside from this, cutting back on the epic feel of Ocarina (which is Ocarina's major strong point) is what makes Majora's Mask so endearing. The story is dark, and it constantly feels like you're discovering new things everywhere you go. It's like how The Empire Strikes Back is to the original Star Wars. New adventure with new characters and environments in a slower paced, more character driven world, with more danger.

But what sets Majora's Mask apart from Ocarina?

Simply the "Three Days Until Doom" game mechanic. You have to actually pay attention to time, and on top of that, if you wish to finish certain sub-quests, you have to learn everyone's schedules. This also affects the emotional feel of the game in that every time you play the Song of Time to go back to day 1, you can't help but feel a little sad for everyone you just helped...again, I go back to the Anju and Kafei quest. To me that was the most emotional moment in the whole game when you finish the quest with less than an hour and a half left until the moon crashes. I almost didn't want to play the Song of Time because I knew as soon as I back at day 1 they'd be back to where they were before I brought them together. Not to mention they just get back together as the Moon is about to collide with Clock Town. Anyways...Majora's Mask gets my vote, it's dark, emotional, and just a great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom