• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero's Shade Theory

G

goron_link

So today i am not going to be the person who is going to say a link is the hero's shade well my theory is totaly diffrent and i want to know how many people remeber this you know in Oot as an adult you do this long trading sequence and there is this one guy that you give his blue chiken (i couldn't rmember how to spell well you know what i mean) and he gives you a mushy and then you give it to a hag she makes a potion out of it then when you go pack to give it to him and a kokori (please tell me if i spelled that right) is standing there and tells you he will be turned into a stalfos but you would think that it would take a while to turn in to one so he would be in the woods for a while and so he would become the stalfos know as heros shade. and so i leave you with this goro:)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Grog (that's his name) is the Hero's Shade? Unfortunately, your theory is definetely worse than OoT/MM Link being the Hero's Shade (as a Stalfos or not), and it won't work, because the Biggoron Sword Trading Sequence takes place in the Adult Timeline, and Twilight Princess (with the Hero's Shade) in the Child Timeline.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Grog (that's his name) is the Hero's Shade? Unfortunately, your theory is definetely worse than OoT/MM Link being the Hero's Shade (as a Stalfos or not), and it won't work, because the Biggoron Sword Trading Sequence takes place in the Adult Timeline, and Twilight Princess (with the Hero's Shade) in the Child Timeline.
My memory isn't too clear on the exact sequence of events. Why did he go to the woods? I remember he was in Kakariko at one point. Would he have gone into the woods anyway on the child timeline?

To be honest, I like this theory, if only because I've found some appreciation of this character's story when I played OoT3D; though I don't think I can believe it. The situation may fit, but the characters are vastly different. The hero's shade made absolutely no attempt to give any sort of impression of a possibility of being Grog.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Not sure I agree with this theory. I think the name - HERO'S Shade - seems to suggest that it isn't Grog, since Grog isn't all that heroic.

Then again, I'm also not certain that it could be the OoT/MM Link either; he was only a child the last time we saw him, and we never saw him return to Hyrule. Were we to see another game chronicling his return to Hyrule and his adventures there, then perhaps we could say that. But until then, I'm not positive who the Shade is.

G

goron_link

what was fueling this thread is that it is actual in game evidence that a character actualy becomes a stalfos

Garo

Boy Wonder
what was fueling this thread is that it is actual in game evidence that a character actualy becomes a stalfos

But the Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos. He's a spirit, a projection of the Hero he once was; of course, in the 100+ years that have passed between Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time (a period of emptiness for Hyrule), his body has decayed and he appears to be undead. There is a marked difference between the Stalfos in Twilight Princess and the Hero's Shade, as well - the Stalfos are entirely skeletal, with no significant armor or clothing to speak of (particularly on their lower sections). The Hero's Shade, however, appears fully armored and clothed to a degree.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Grog definitely does not have the ancient blood of Hyrulean Knights. He is also in the Adult Timeline, while Twilight Princess takes place in the Child portion. I think that the Hero's Shade is definitely a Link from the past (not to the past...Hehehe).

G

goron_link

for all split timline theorises put here i am one time lineperson no split
i might make a thread on that later

Some people believe that the Hero's Shade might be the Link or someone else from the upcoming game Skyward Sword, but one thing's for sure, he ain't Grog. :yes:

I'm very sure that the hero's shade is Link from OoT. For one thing, he can transform into a wolf, just like the present link. For another, his sword slightly resembles the master sword, except for the rusted hilt. Also, his sword techniques are disturbingly like Link's. Finally, the fashion in which he talks to Link suggests that the Hero's shade is the deceased Link from OoT.

Personally, he's my favorite character. =D

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There are already far, far too many threads about this on the same topic. Please use the search function to look for pre-existing thread topics before posting a new one.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, the Hero's Shade's form is a wolf, not a Stalfos. The Stalfos form is just for the training sequence. Why do I say this? Take notice that he never appears as a Stalfos outside Link's mind. Plus, the wolf is clearly used as a connection to Link's spirit (courage) in Twilight Princess. Link turned into a wolf upon entering the Twilight because he turned into what his spirit was like rather than a spirit form. The Hero's Shade is some kind of spirit. The connection there is obvious, and is one of the reasons to suggest he was the Hero of Time (or at least a previous Hero) and not someone else. Plus, he even said he accepted life as the hero, and I'm pretty sure Grog wasn't a hero of Hyrule, so that pretty much rules him out right there.

T

Twilight Comet

Personaly I think he could be just the Hero's Shade. He dosn't have to be a previous Link becuse a bet Link wasn't the only courageous hero of Hyrule. Also Link never wore any heavy armor of any sort (besides the magic armor). Link was always know for being more agile and not as fierce looking. I mean he's only a boy but with his courage a real threat to all the evil dark forces in the world. Even Ganondorf didn't expect Link to posses the Triforce. I guess what I'm saying is that the Hero's shade could be anyone.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Personaly I think he could be just the Hero's Shade. He dosn't have to be a previous Link becuse a bet Link wasn't the only courageous hero of Hyrule. Also Link never wore any heavy armor of any sort (besides the magic armor). Link was always know for being more agile and not as fierce looking. I mean he's only a boy but with his courage a real threat to all the evil dark forces in the world. Even Ganondorf didn't expect Link to posses the Triforce. I guess what I'm saying is that the Hero's shade could be anyone.

Like, I said, the Stalfos form was just for battle. He could have turned into any form he wanted to, but he chose a Stalfos because it's something Link (really Nintendo chose so we) wouldn't mind attacking him. And if it could have been anyone, how did he know the Great Spin, which is obviously the Magic Spin Attack from OoT and MM? It was a "secret skill", one that didn't leave their bloodline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom