• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero's Shade Theory

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
He's probably basing that off the fact that Grog doesn't seem to have pupils.

Not that I actually agree that he's blind though.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
TP Link has the Triforce of Courage, making that impossible.
I don't see how.... I mean, hypothetically, the "Golden Wolf" could be the Triforce of Courage "calling out" to him, and when Link meets the call, he goes unconscious to communicate with the inner Triforce piece "in his head". He speaks with its essence (the Hero's Shade) and then wakes up (as we see in the game) to continue on with his adventure with the knowledge of new skills (that could have been learned by the Triforce of Courage itself as it "watched over" past Heroes).

What PatheticBarrel said is actually a brilliant idea in my eyes, but the only thing preventing me from actually believing it is that Link is related to the Hero's Shade by blood.

... That is, unless the Hero's Shade meant "our bloodline" to refer to all the Heroes that were connected to the Triforce of Courage, but without being completely literal. Like, the Triforce of Courage could technically share the bloodline of the Heroes by running its magic along their blood (spreading its magic all across the body rather than just in the hand or wherever it actually is) and/or along their family (how it went from the Hero of Time to TP Link). So one way to interpret "our bloodline" could be that the Triforce of Courage (in this case) considers itself a part of TP Link, who was descended from the last person to wield the Triforce of Courage. Or I could twist around the theory a bit to say that the Hero's Shade is how Link's subconscious gives form to the essence of the Triforce of Courage. In that case "our bloodline" would make even more sense as it would basically be Link talking to himself.

EDIT: I just looked through the quotes and... there isn't really anything that contradicts this idea, and it is an idea that makes sense, so I think I'll be believing this theory now.

Last edited:
Though to follow this line of thought and how the Hero Shade is shown as the Golden Wolf, lets look at one other named 'beast'.
Kaepora Gaebora as the Triforce of Wisdom. Being an owl, this makes since, and like the Hero Shade, not much is known about him. Also, the last time he is seen he says he will watch over Link. From then on, as Adult Link, Sheik (bearing the Triforce of Wisdom) takes Kaepora's place.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Hmm... I can't say I agree with that, but an interesting idea nonetheless. The game does say that Kaepora Gaebora is supposed to be the reincarnation of an ancient sage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom