• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Meter

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
I See No Magic Meter! D:

In the videos, there is no magic meter! There is just his health and his shield damage-ness. What could this mean? No magic? Infinate magic?

or maybe they'll just add it later (Keep in mind it's still in dev), but I know a lot of you guys were hoping for there to be one.:hmm:

Sorry if I'm wrong or this has been pointed out before.

Based on the items that have been playable in demos, there is no need for a magic meter. I hope there is one, but I'm not sure what for.

I dunno. I guess the stamina meter kind of takes place of it; though I'm not saying that makes much sense. I guess there's a chance you can earn one later in the game, perhaps upon meeting a (Great) Fairy at some point?

nintendo said that you can upgrade your shield. maybe you can upgrade a shield to gain magical abilities? then the meter wold make more sense since it would be used not only for defense, it would be used to magic too.
what do you think?

if there is a magic meter, then it will probably be similar to the new stamina meter. and by that I mean it replenishes on its own over time and only pops up when you use it

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Lack of a magic-meter will not ruin this game in any way, and you can't make sword beams without full health, so you aren't overpowered in this game.

Lack of a magic-meter did feel weird in TP, with all of those magical abilities, but it isn't required and will feel forced in SS.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
There is no Magic Meter in the game. There's a Shield and Stamina Meter, but no magic. Sorry. I wish there was, but Skyward Sword will be another magic-less Zelda game.

Yes because you were able to play this entire game to come to that conclusion. Who's to say magic won't appear in some form at all?

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Yes because you were able to play this entire game to come to that conclusion. Who's to say magic won't appear in some form at all?

Who's to say it will and why should it? Nintendo would have stated it already.

Well, I guess it is safe to assume at this point that there won't be a magic meter in Skyward Sword, as it has been absent for quite some time (in other games)...

Here's the one that was going to appear in Twilight Princess:
Tpmagicmeter.jpg

...Rest in peace, magic meter. I'll never forget you! :cry:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, I guess it is safe to assume at this point that there won't be a magic meter in Skyward Sword, as it has been absent for quite some time (in other games)...

Here's the one that was going to appear in Twilight Princess:
Tpmagicmeter.jpg

...Rest in peace, magic meter. I'll never forget you! :cry:

I'm pretty sure that's fake. The Wii version was a copy/paste version of the GC with different controls (although a few changes were made along the way, such as the Twilight having color) and was made in less than a year, so I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to change the game that much that quickly.

I'm pretty sure that's fake. The Wii version was a copy/paste version of the GC with different controls (although a few changes were made along the way, such as the Twilight having color) and was made in less than a year, so I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to change the game that much that quickly.
No, it's from beta Twilight Princess; you can even see a beta magic meter on the back of the game case! It was taken out of the final product for some reason like many of the other things seen in the E3 200? previews (i.e. Moblins, Forest Giants, beta Midna design, etc.). One thing you will never see me do is...fake. ;)

Well, i think with the magic meter in SS, there would be too many meters. Heart Meter, Shield Meter, Magic Meter, Stamina Meter, etc. Its just too much. Im saying no to the idea. Im not against them having one, but i dont think they will.

Also, that is NOT a copy/paste picture of TP's magic meter. If you have the Wii version, check the back of your box. Its actually still present in the screen shot with the Darknut in it. Believe it, its there.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom

The beta magic meter was in the GCN version too, it isn't fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom