• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you guys are voting for no reason whatsoever!

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Keyshe 1 (Master Kokiri 9)
Baysiderulez 2 (Josh, Soldier of Link)
Axle the Beast 2 (TreeHuggerPanda, Hero of Time)
Ninten* 1 (Elfen)
Soldier of Link 1 (Jedizora)
Danny 1 (Hero of Music)

- Pokémon Minion

Correcting me rewards you with 1000 PokéYen, which can be redeemed for candy bars.

Last edited:
What are candy bars used for, Mister Pokeminion? I DEMAND ANSWERS!

Woah, calm down. Calm down! Lemme make you some Poast Toast to cheer you up.

postertoaster.png

To answer your question: they are used for lulz.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Gawd, Wyatt. y u delete Zenox's poast? I wanted the frickin link, too.

EBWODP

So, should we be Mafia'ing now?

So, should we be Mafia'ing now?
That'd be what I've been waiting for.

EBWODP:
So this seems to have come to a standstill. Nothing that unusual has happened since all we've been doing is randomly voting. It'll probably be a bit longer before anything of particular interest comes up. We can get there either by voting more or trying to have a discussion and ease into a real investigation as things come up.

Austin

Austin
I like how I'm gone for all of five hours and we've already started voting. I'm going to go read through the thread and see if I can make any sense out of this.

EBWODP
As I suspected, there's little to no basis for these accusations. Regardless,

VOTE: DANNY

I just don't like that guy. :/

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
OK, a discussion. What roles do you think of that Kybyrian probably included in the game, maybe something you thought of according to the intro?

I would think that since this is based off the Johto games/arc (or at least, it seems that way due to his mention of Johto), Giovanni wouldn't be in here. We can probably expect the admins to show up, and what they'd be doing I'm not entirely sure of.

Red/Gold will almost definitely be in here, most likely as a Vig or Bodyguard (Bodyguards work kinda like doctors for your reference), although Bodyguard is unlikely seeing as it does the same thing as the Doctor, which is almost sure to be in here because lolnursejoy. I could potentially see Red as a Survivor (they win when either Town or Mafia wins), but Silver being Survivor seems more likely. The opening referred to the existance of a third party, and I'm almost positive we have a survivor in here somewhere. I doubt that there'd be anything other than a Survivor as far as third party goes, mainly since I'm drawing a blank for other third party roles like Serial Killer.

I imagine that Youngster Joey (with his top percentile Rattata) and other such NPC trainers would be in as Vanilla Townies.

Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny (or just a generic Nurse and Police Officer) are practically guaranteed to be in here as the Doctor and Cop respectively.

As far as other roles, Professor Oak and Professor Elm as Masons doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, but I'm on the fence about it since Wyatt and Zenox seem to be using them currently. I would guess that Gym Leaders would be making an appearance (Whitney as the Town Roleblocker, anyone?), but I'm on the fence about some of them. I'd be disappointed if Lance or Blue/Green/Gary/whatever you wanna call him didn't make an appearance, though I'm not sure what they'd do. I imagine Gary might be a Jack of All Trades since he's the only Elite Four member/Gym Leader to use all types, but that seems like a bit of a stretch.

As far as other roles go, I'm not sure at all. =/

Austin said:
I like how I'm gone for all of five hours and we've already started voting. I'm going to go read through the thread and see if I can make any sense out of this.

EBWODP

Le gasp! Random voting in the random voting stage?! THIS IS MADNESS! THIS IS BLASHPEMY! THIS! IS! POKEMAFIA! FOR GREAT JUSTICE, ALL SHALL VOTE AUSTIN! FOR THE DELICIOUS MAGIC! Unvote

Vote: Austin

David

But you called me here...

*high five*

About time someone agreed with me.

Anyway, I was thinking about possible roles that Kyby would use for this game and about particular characters he would use.

This following post uses only Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I am using those games only as Kyby said "As far as the Johto Region." Plus, if we include every game, there would be WAY too many different possibilities of characters and roles that Kyby could have experimented with.

As for the town:

1st, Kyby said that we were all in a competition. A big one, at that. That must mean that there are Leet Four, Gym Leaders, Champions, and really good Trainers. He also said that they come from as far as the Johto Region, opening up other Leet Four, Gym Leaders, etc.

The Leet Four consists of the following: Bruno (fighting type [a bodyguard? makes some serious sense...][also in the Johto league because he is]), Lorelei (ice type [town role blocker?]), Agatha (ghost type [not so sure on this one]), Lance (dragon type [not super sure on this one either]), Will (Johto, psychic type [town cop?]), Koga (Johto, poison type [poisoner? not likely]), and Karen (Johto, dark type [not sure about this one either]).

As for gym leaders, there are 16 of them, so I doubt Kyby used them all for this game. If I get the chance tomorrow, I'll look over those characters and narrow it down to the most important ones.

Champions and good Trainers: There are only a few that come to mind for this category. Red (obvious reasons are obvious), Blue (becomes the champion of the Kanto league before Red does and then becomes a gym leader 10 years later), Lucas (the player character from Gold and Silver; makes many Cameo appearances in the anime, but that probably doesn't matter. He is a great trainer that is quite competitive, as all of the player characters are.), maybe Silver (could be debated as he is Giovanni's son... but he ends up realizing things at the end of Gold and Silver [possibly town, mafia, or third party, but I'm leaning toward town]). I am almost completely certain that Red, Blue, and Lucas are in this game as town aligned characters. Kyby would not leave them out of this game if he were following the games, as I know he is.

Now for the Mafia:

This is Team Rocket that Kyby is using for this game. That leaves us with "Team Rocket Grunts" as our probable standard Mafia Goons. Giovanni as the Godfather (Kyby really likes Giovanni, so I doubt he left him out of the game. [Godfather is the most likely role that he has]), along with the Team Rocket Admins: Archer, Ariana, Petrel, and Proton. I haven't looked into who the admins might be as mafia roles, so further research on these individuals could tell us some of the other roles that Kyby used in this game.

So, what do you guys think? Any other characters that we could add to this list? I'll probably keep doing some digging on what other roles there are in the game and what other characters Kyby would choose. hidden roleclaim ftw

EBWODP:

Uh... I forgot the 3rd party. No ideas as to who that might be yet, but I'll keep thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom