• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Minecraft Thread

Kybyrian

Eh. I'm continually getting "Timed Out" errors once again.

The server will have some problems until Zenox is able to get them resolved with his computer at home. The server may periodically go up and down, but it is advised to not connect as it may put more strain on it than we need to.

There are some extreme problems to the server on my side.

For one, it's eating the power of not only my computer, but my internet as well. We recently set up a new router because our old one was slow, and with the server running, our internet in our entire house is significantly worse than when we had the old router.

Second, it's eating my computer alive. Games that I could run at maximum settings that required a lot of power to run, lagged at minimum settings.

And third, dealing with all the mods, plugins, and fixing the downtime is just too much of a hastle. I can't run this.

Sorry, but I don't see the server living very long.

Perfectly understandable. I've found that most successful servers are usually run on their own router and have at least 20 maintennance people. Unless a bunch of us can congregate and get a server up together, I doubt we'll have any form of server for Minecraft that will last more than a month.
Alas, the server was fun while it lasted.

Servrar back online!

Expect a lot of problems, I haven't worked with the server in awhile, so have forgotten how to use a lot of the features. The reccommended build for the server software was just recently released, and we're still waiting on all the plugins we used to update.

Expect a lot of down time for a bit.

Also, one more thing. My computer cannot handle the constant stress from running this server. Sadly, you'll have to accomodate to my schedule. My parents are divorced, and I'm at my Dad's quite a bit. I'll leave it running for as long as I'm there, so every other weekend it will be on for three days straight. Otherwise, I'll turn it on right when I get back home from school (2:30 MST) and turn it off when I go to bed, unless someone's still using it at the time, then I'll leave it on for the night, but rarely. That's around 11:00 PM MST. If in the case that I have to leave it on for the night, I'll turn it off when I wake.

We've added a few new things to the server. Here's a bit of a rundown.

First off, and possibly most important, one of the mods we installed came with a currency system. At first we ignored it, but then I build a "shop" using dispensers. Eventually Kybyrian wondered why I did that when I could use the shop features. Long story short, just about every item in the game can be bought/sold in our little shopping district of sorts. Items cost money to buy, and will give you money to sell, obviously. Selling items gets you less than what you bought, most of the time half, but rounded down if not.

Next up, we've added an arena to the game. You'll fight either a tribe of Zombie Pigmen, probably 5, or a pack of wolves. If you die, sorry. That's how it works. If not, you get a prize of $500. You can challenge the arena at any time, but it may not be working depending on whether or not an admin is on at the time, and isn't lazy and will be willing to start it up.

One more, in our main "city", we've had some fun with Zombie Pigmen. For the most part, they're just there so we can keep our sanity and not be lonely all the time. They're there to make the city look and feel more like a city, with a bunch of citizens. There's at most times around 50 at a time throughout the city. However, be warned. Attack one, and the entire city will come after you. You will die, unless you have a strong pack of wolves, so don't try it.

Also, to those of you who are just about to join the servrar: BUILD YOUR HOUSE CAREFULLY. Zenox packs a big ol' 360 degree cannon atop Reichburg (the "town" he spoke of in his latest post). It fires TNT, which is kind of ironic since the server is named "no moar tnt". I was unfortunate enough to have his cannons built AFTER my house was, and he blew the crap out of it. Luckily, Kybyrian was there to help, but to those of you building you houses, follow these guidelines and you'll be safe:
1. Build your house either very far away, or right up next to Reichburg. The cannon's range is pretty far, but I've a feeling Zenox won't let me measure it :( Either way, if you choose far away, make sure where you build is far enough from Reichburg that you can barely see it on the "Far" distance rendering setting, but make sure you can s ee it a little bit so that you know where to find it.
2. Make sure you use "Stone" instead of "Cobblestone." It's much more explosion resistant, and all you have to do to get it is smelt cobblestone in the furnace. Do not use the following materials for anything but interior decor:
Sandstone
Dirt
Sand
Gravel
Glass (save for some windows)
Mossy Cobblestone
Wool (any color)
If you have these, they are great blast-resistant substitutes for stone:
Obsidian
Iron Block (unsure about this)
Bricks
Or, you can build a house under ground. If you do, make sure to dig the house about 10-17 blocks below the surface in the event of an explosion.
3. If you can make them, line your roof with Dispensers and fill them with arrows. This isn't really pertinent to the cannon, but in the event that Zenox declares war upon you with his Zombie Pigmen (like he did to me) you should be able to fight'em off a little bit. It's not going to decimate them, but it'll hurt them.
4. With regards to a Zombie Pigmen siege, if you want to hurt the Pigmen without provoking them to hurt you, use Flint & Steel to create fires so that they walk into it. The fires are temporary, so aim truly.
5. If you build anything, MARK IT WITH A SIGN TELLING PEOPLE YOU BUILT IT. This doesn't stop cannonfire, but users who have senses of honor will know not to grief it and/or raid it.

Following those guidelines, you should be safe from any hazards causable by Ops.

Real quick: If you see giant zombies and/or huge clumps of TNT, log off and wait a while. Too many of them can slow or crash the server, and you don't want to deal with that.

EDIT: Well, this post got my house blown to smithereens by Tyrant Zenox, so I'm moving FAR away from his cannon, his castle, and any property he owns. I advise many of you to do the same if you want to keep your house.

Last edited:
My computer just hates Minecraft, but when I get the chance, I play it on my Mac occasionally. I'm no expert, that's for sure, but I love building fortresses with really deep mines that I get lost in!

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Ok guys, I just got my account, and my user name is Zorito. (Yes Zorito, not Zorato) Anyone wanna go on?

Kybyrian

Ok guys, I just got my account, and my user name is Zorito. (Yes Zorito, not Zorato) Anyone wanna go on?

Feel free to log on any time the server is up. Nobody really has to be online at the same as you.

And as for the blast resistance, fred, that's actually not correct. Cobblestone and stone has the same blast resistance. There is actually a handy chart here that shows the blast resistance of all blocks.

Obsidian is invincible and cannot be destroyed by TNT.

D

decade98

hey guys, im a friend of Fred's and im here to tell u how excited i am to play on this server! see u there u guys,

:wave:
Decade

oh, by the way, i am decade98 on minecraft 2

i also heard Zenox blew up Fred's house. That was.......... Bad (nice job)

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I'm depressed guys. I went on this AMAZING underground journey. I found a bunch of lapis lazuli, like 40 iron, 20 gold and 1 diamond, then died. :(

Majora's Cat

How about that
I'd like to join the server. Although I haven't dropped by ZD lately, I'd still like to build some stuff. BTW, how is Obsidian invincible? Do you mean that it just can't be destroyed by anything? If that's the case, how can you possibly mine it? Anyway, laterz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom