• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedizora

:right:
How bad is a RVS?
And bad for whom?

In my opinion, a RVS is a bad, scummy tactic. It could be bad, if someone is in a samll, game of mafia, and that person is inactive so they can't remove thir RVS, and no one else votes, the random person gets lynched and the town will almost cerently turn on the RVs-er.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
In my opinion, a RVS is a bad, scummy tactic. It could be bad, if someone is in a samll, game of mafia, and that person is inactive so they can't remove thir RVS, and no one else votes, the random person gets lynched and the town will almost cerently turn on the RVs-er.

So you think I'm scum?
Also, you fail to realize in such a game as you have described, the other players would be active enough to decide on who to lynch by deadline, thus making the one RVS vote have no effect on the lynch.
You are grasping at straws here. Hypothetical situations are neither here nor there.

Jedizora

:right:
So you think I'm scum?
Also, you fail to realize in such a game as you have described, the other players would be active enough to decide on who to lynch by deadline, thus making the one RVS vote have no effect on the lynch.
You are grasping at straws here. Hypothetical situations are neither here nor there.

It may be a hypothetical situation, but Its still possible. Prehaps the others were too busy arguing until night one and therefore didn't place votes, and then the rest happens.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Possible.. in this game?

But based on your hypothetical scenario, highlighting bad play from every player in the game, you have concluded RVS is bad. Cool.
By that logic, the Sun is bad because if I get too close to it I'll die, or if I'm outside long enough, I'll get skin cancer.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule

How is the RVS a scummy tactic? An RVS is just to get the game going. If the town is aware that the RVS that is placed upon the person is for a most certainly random reason, then it's no different than that person who places the RVS is townie or not. RVS tells us NOTHING about the person who places the vote. It's (for the most part) just to get the game started.

While I don't recommend using the RVS at this stage of the game, it would be the best option to use if we get to the desperate stage where if we don't lynch scum, then they win.

An RVS isn't always a scumtell in itself, but this early in the game, it's hard to tell about people. Just go with your gut.

Actually I am going to counter this. RVS is not a scumtell... hardly ever... Once again RISKY BEHAVOIOR = TOWN.... Cautiousness = Scum... Townies have nothing to lose by voting... Scum have everything to lose if they are discovered.

Voting =/= lynching. Voting places pressure on a person, which allows you to see how they react under pressure.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Well IMHO I think RVS is TO risky in the beginning, due to the fact, you could easily Kill a innocent bystander, get people to talk, like most towns like to do is... GOSSIP so fellow townies and scum maybe if you are listing, has any one heard any Gossip??

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
RVS is perfectly fine for the first day because there aren't any leads and it gets the ball rolling. Don't see it as scummy in anyway really.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
BUT its to risky, it be best to wait for some night kills and not lynch innocent people. We cant go around accusing any one, with little to no evidence?? Its basically a blind, and deaf batman trying to find the Joker

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Well IMHO I think RVS is TO risky in the beginning, due to the fact, you could easily Kill a innocent bystander, get people to talk, like most towns like to do is... GOSSIP so fellow townies and scum maybe if you are listing, has any one heard any Gossip??
It's not too risky because people usually unvote. It's just to see the response of others. It won't kill an innocent because others would vote for someone else whom they find more suspicious.

Tally:

TheGreen - 1 (Viral Maze)

No-Lynch - 1 (TheGreen)

Yet to vote: Deku Shroom, Jdenicholls, Meego7, Illmatic, green goron, jedizora, Zelda_8, TreeHuggerPanda, Toboe, Caeda, Elfen, Raindrop14, Viral Maze, Gonzo, DracoMajora, MikauIncarnate, Celeboy

It takes 10 to Majority Lynch.

Also for your benefit ZeldaWiki - to get yourself better acquainted with your WI character ;)
Mafia Townie PR 3rd Party - descriptions of the different types of roles possible in a given mafia game.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Now I'm not saying that he/she's scume here but I am saying that in the last beginner game we lynched a townie because of RVSing. We did not lynch the townie that was RVS'd but the townie that was doing the RVSing. I don't think that we should RVS anyone, but that's just my opinion. Now I remember from the last game that we were not paying enough attention to the people that were "quiet" and "lying low", that was a mistake we made there. It turned out that all the people who were doing that were mafia. Now that was just there tactic but we should still keep that as an option for the mafia tactics here.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Guys, there really shouldn't be any argument over the validity of RVSing. It's a normal tactic and not scummy. Ask anyone who's played a mafia game more than once or look it up on any one of the various mafia sites and they will all tell you that it's a good tactic for the town.

After this post I will regard anyone who says 'placing a random vote is scummy' as someone who is exhibiting mafia behaviors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom