• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

D

Deleted member 97076

Its already in motion. There is no going back. Unless theres a massive Power Grid emergency outage and the majority leader of Roxxon tells my ass to hoof it, i need my money. And hope next time its one of the Bad places. Break the literal bank by asking to 100 billion dollars
So the reason i ask is that

you made it sound like your ability is helpful to town for blocking evil corporations. But it randomly hits town organizations too.

first off, there probably is no clearer sign of a self-interest party than a "A random target that can hit good by accident".

second, you didn't actually answered my question. I will try to rephrase:
Can you continue your electrical power block voluntarily/consciously by choosing either
a) not to accept the ransom, or
b) accept the ransom and still continue the block anyway?

On the other hand, I have other questions.
1) How did you arrive at the amount 42069 for Bugle?
2) Do you have Bugle's financial information such that you knew they can't afford 42069?

In other news, I think it may be possible that the spider bit two people, going off of the earth 616 wiki. Because apparently some person named cindy was also bitten at the same time as peter and became Silk later.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Anyone care to tell me what having shares in Roxxon does?

I no longer have my share so i'm going off memory. Having any number of shares lets you switch to an exile threshhold of majority +1 until you don't have any shares anymore. Having any shares gives you $1000 per night per share, unless you're the majority shareholder, in which case its $3000 per share instead. Being a majority shareholder gives you access to the mysterious minotaur bodyguard ability.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I like how it seems like the optimal town play is to consolidate all economic power in the hands of a single player (Freddeh) and a bunch of alarms go off in the back of my head saying that can go badly.

I can't tell if Zinger is more likely to try to get us to self sabotage ourselves by not fully trusting Norman when he's literally confirmed town or if he's more likely to punish us for believing him at face value.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I no longer have my share so i'm going off memory. Having any number of shares lets you switch to an exile threshhold of majority +1 until you don't have any shares anymore. Having any shares gives you $1000 per night per share, unless you're the majority shareholder, in which case its $3000 per share instead. Being a majority shareholder gives you access to the mysterious minotaur bodyguard ability.
How did you lose your share?

Hey Lunch, any thoughts on your lynch wagon yesterday? Or on the game overall?

I thought the lynch wagon yesterday was nice, it made me feel like people cared. On the game overall, it is interesting, and i dont think i agree with the storm wagon tho. Because, maybe he is self aligned, but he is helping town I think by putting the bugle to the test. His actions have shown that, mechanically speaking, getting the newspaper out is not strictly essential to the bugle players. Since now we see they don't burn their day actions "writing a newspaper" everyday. I think maybe they're trying to further there own personal motives as well?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I thought the lynch wagon yesterday was nice, it made me feel like people cared. On the game overall, it is interesting, and i dont think i agree with the storm wagon tho. Because, maybe he is self aligned, but he is helping town I think by putting the bugle to the test. His actions have shown that, mechanically speaking, getting the newspaper out is not strictly essential to the bugle players. Since now we see they don't burn there day actions "writing a newspaper" everyday. I think maybe they're trying to further there own personal motives as well?
For full transparency here, there will be a paper coming out regardless and the building being without power just makes the process of making it more annoying than anything. We can no longer post in our chat to build our stories and we have to rely on other means to do so.

I don't think there's really much benefit to hurting the Bugle for town given that our staff provide both important information about the gamestate and entertainment for our audience. We lost some information that would have been really good to know today, so I'm hoping we'll get some of that tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 97076

I thought the lynch wagon yesterday was nice, it made me feel like people cared. On the game overall, it is interesting, and i dont think i agree with the storm wagon tho. Because, maybe he is self aligned, but he is helping town I think by putting the bugle to the test. His actions have shown that, mechanically speaking, getting the newspaper out is not strictly essential to the bugle players. Since now we see they don't burn their day actions "writing a newspaper" everyday. I think maybe they're trying to further there own personal motives as well?
trying to understand this. can you elaborate? is aside from bugle players' personal motives, is seeing the news not benefitial to town overall?

trying to understand this. can you elaborate? is aside from bugle players' personal motives, is seeing the news not benefitial to town overall?
Its arguable if benefits town. Since bugle is not "confirmed town". Its entirely possible there are players with mixed allegiances in their group doing the editing.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Its arguable if benefits town. Since bugle is not "confirmed town". Its entirely possible there are players with mixed allegiances in their group doing the editing.
I do the editing. I invite you to come up with a reason why Robbie Robertson would be anything but Town aligned.

I can't confirm that all my colleagues are Town, but it's very unlikely that many of them are not Town, if any. There are some I could see going down dark paths, but none of them have shown any unwillingness to create a great newspaper filled with useful information.

Whatever story makes it to the front page can potentially have details mod-confirmed to be true or false, which means even if someone is given incorrect results or lies to me about their results it still has value in determining the truth.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is this just based on tone indicators or a rumor?

Yeah it was what Storm said, they used he/him pronouns for Rag.

I have noticed that some NGA people have done so before too, but I don't remember who. Rag said Lunch is one and that sounds right. Though I feel like either KoD or Numbers has also before. Maybe I'm misremembering there though.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
These rumors were sent out on day 1:
J. Jonah Jameson, Joe "Robbie" Robertson, and Ned Leeds are in the game and work for the daily bugle.
Colonel John Jameson is going to the moon later this month.
There are no self aligned players in the game. This alignment is only accessible via transformations.
Wilson Fisk did not start as a threat to town at the beginning of the game.

Last night I targeted Vroendal with the fire cage.

Vote: KoD
Are you Superhero-aligned and would you mind telling the paper or the thread what that win-condition entails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom