• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote: Jinjo

playing too gently and reactively

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
ExLight - 1 (Poyzin)
funner6 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
The Sun Fan - 3 (ExLight, Kirino, Killjoy)
Rubik - 2 (The Sun Fan, Johnny Sooshi)
Ragnarokio - 1 (funnier6)
Jinjo - 1 (Ragnarokio)

Not voting - naga10, Jinjo, DekuNut, MixMasterLar, Mellow Ezlo, DawningWinds, Giri, Rubik

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, June 13th 2020 at 6:00 PM EST.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
To clarify, Rubik feels scummy because saying strong players deserve to live based on strength discounts the opinions and play of less seasoned players, who may have good points. Ex feels slightly scummy because I wouldn't put it past him to create the exact scenario he said was silly. But that's also wifom so I can't put much stock into it
There's a higher chance of any given player being town than scum. It's more likely that Sun is town than scum and the potential utility of having him alive at least a day is greater than the likely damage keeping him alive a day would do as scum. It's cowardly to try to lynch him immediately because he's hard to lynch when the game starts being serious.

I'm all for lynching a strong player d1 if they seem scummy, but that's not what I get from sun so far and I see it as a complete waste to potentially mislynch a player who could probably crack this game open if we keep him alive longer.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Funnier's (soft?) Defense of SunFan is kinda ew, especially when they keep feeling the need to keep responding about it. It's cool if you feel the post is NAI, but something about Minish's post clearly got under Funnier's skin. Minish and I basically where on the same side of the issue so I wonder if it was the vote? Naw fam I don't have to wonder Funnier basically says that outright here:

Anyways I think all the wow suns post is so interesting is kind of bull, even it is genuine it could still be NAI and I think it’s dumb to mess with it. Sun is the kind of person you wanna try to solve with roles if possible anyway and we should have those in abundance.

Also, you are accusing us of faking our reaction here and then in the same breath saying it doesnt matter even if it's a guinine reaction because a man who says he doesn't care about the game so don't lynch him could be NAI.

Lmao k. I think the back and forth with Minish looks worst on you then anything, but we'll see how your read of him developes from here I guess.

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about in that post. Can we still get along in that case or nah?

Ok but if I catch you posting a link to Papaya later in the thread then we have beef

Also, would each of y'all prefer I use your full name, or refer to you the ways others do
Lar is fine. It's short for Pelar which is my actual name. MML is also cool if you prefer.

I'm pretty sure I tried D1 lynching sun for no reason in some other games despite me being town
idr context, I'm usually being petty and just let it go as the game goes on

THE BIGGEST EWWW
This reads closely to "I do bad town play as town so don't hold it against me"

Town needs to play it's best game and brother, this ain't it.

I'm just being petty lmfao
I guess him being strong scum is part of it yea, but he could be a bad player, I'd still be childish and go after him just because he kicked my ass a few times
yall overthinking

and lol at people voting me because this is scummy
as if scum me would come here and take things personally outta pettiness instead of trying to look natural

If town you would do this then there's a pretty strong argument town ia better off getting rid of ypu so you ain't a liability, chief. You posted this stance too many times for me to take it as a joke and I don't really want to risk you in a final 5 or final 3 scenerio with logic like that.

ExLight do you have any other reads on any other players right now? I really would lile to see you having more thoughts on the game then "SunFan better dead; pettiness can be town too!"

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Most of what I didnt comment on are people reading into meta

Meta reads are great and valod d0, but the only person I feel confident to do that with is SunFan and maaaaaaaaaaybe funnier (not really) so I'll leave that aspect alone.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
There's a higher chance of any given player being town than scum. It's more likely that Sun is town than scum and the potential utility of having him alive at least a day is greater than the likely damage keeping him alive a day would do as scum. It's cowardly to try to lynch him immediately because he's hard to lynch when the game starts being serious.

I'm all for lynching a strong player d1 if they seem scummy, but that's not what I get from sun so far and I see it as a complete waste to potentially mislynch a player who could probably crack this game open if we keep him alive longer.

Would be impressed if that last part was written by scum, my feelings on SunFan notwithstanding

funnier6

Courage~
Did you just say my mindset was always scum and then vote ExLight instead of me???
Lot of question marks
I'm also often a fan of avoiding lynching strong players although its not because i'm afraid of strong scum players, but rather because i'm afraid of weak town players.
I rarely if ever scum read strong players day one so it seems to happen that way anyways
as if scum me would come here and take things personally outta pettiness instead of trying to look natural
I mean if you're doing it as town how is not natural
Nah it was just a mistake and I'm am idiot. I roped Ex into my post for some reason I already forgot and then just addressed Rubik. Probably boils down to him wanting to lunch for a silly reason
Most people want lunch because they're hungry

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

That's a better take and I can agree with it to an extent. The blanket idea of "don't lynch cause stronk" is bad, which is how you addressed the scenario at first, this my suspicion. Still not a huge fan of the sentiment but I'll leave it for now

Unvote

Most people want lunch because they're hungry
I stress eat tbh

funnier6

Courage~
Lotta faith in Sun hmm

I'm in a bad mood for whatever reason this morning so may be more antagonistic than usual idk

Kirino

Tatakae
I did find Sun's post weird, but not especially worth focusing on, as it's not clear how AI it'd be even if it was a calculated AtE. So to see such a controversy brew over it strikes me as excessive. I'd like to ask Lar and Minish why they think Sun would fake a post like that and if it would be AI; otherwise, it seems hard to justify their focus on it.

Rubik's correct when he says that we shouldn't lynch strong players on D1 without evidence. His position seems obvious to me and like one he'd hold, so I don't find him suspicious for it.

Also, I have a town read on Ex, both because of how he's playing and because I'm actually inclined to believe his pinky promise.

It's also interesting that Poy came in so aggressively, between questioning Mez's random vote and accusing Rubik of sheeping Sun, especially since it contrasts with his last game (Scooby Doo, where he was town), in which he was very passive and nonchalant.

Unvote

Vote: Poyzin

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So many pages already you guys hate me.

I was going to come in with a vote on Rubik for his initial response to Ex's bs post about lynching SunSun but Rube's latest post makes me feel better about him.

I don't like funnier saying there was no reason to discuss SunSun acting weird. At the time, it was literally the only thing that had happened so far, what the hell else are you supposed to look at or try reading into? For the record, I don't think that particular attitude of SunSun's is AI, but the responses to it are interesting. I think funfun saying that SunSun can only be read with role information is incredibly lazy and a pretty unfun stance; if someone is a good enough scum player that they never get caught, then they deserve to win tbh, but you should still try reading into their behaviour.

I'm not sure what it is, but I find myself disagreeing with a lot of what fun has said so far and I kinda feel like he's trying to plant seeds so he can low effort later. That's how I feel reading his posts, anyway.

I feel decently about Minish and Lar. I do think they maybe overreacted about Sun's weirdness slightly, but in general I find myself in agreement with many of their posts, and it may be too early to say but they're probably never scum together at the very least.

Ex is meh. His post about lynching sun for being a strong scum player reeks but I don't think it's really telling. I have a hard time believing scum Ex would really do something like that out in the open, and I'm not sure he's clever enough to manufacture a gambit like that (sorry man). I guess I'll give him a town lean for it because that really doesn't seem like a scum thing for him to do.

I gotta do some rereading cuz I mostly skimmed but I've got other things to do first so I'll be back with more thoughts on other players later.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'd like to ask Lar and Minish why they think Sun would fake a post like that and if it would be AI; otherwise, it seems hard to justify their focus on it.

That's what I'm trying to figure out because I can see it being genuine but if it is, why feel the need to say it in the first place. If it's faked it's an easy way to explain away any odd/different behavior later on. If it's genuine and he doesn't care if he dies then why feel the need to put up a defense beforehand for any odd behavior? Especially as I don't see having fun with a game as any different than how he usually plays. I can definitely understand if he's let games get to him on a personal level and doesn't want them to affect him anymore like that, but that doesn't necessarily come across in games so I just didn't think he needed the disclaimer.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
ExLight - 1 (Poyzin)
funner6 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
The Sun Fan - 2 (ExLight, Killjoy)
Rubik - 1 (The Sun Fan)
Ragnarokio - 1 (funnier6)
Jinjo - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Poyzin - 1 (Kirino)

Not voting - naga10, Jinjo, DekuNut, MixMasterLar, Mellow Ezlo, DawningWinds, Giri, Rubik, Johnny Sooshi

With 18 players alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, June 13th 2020 at 6:00 PM EST.

I'm also often a fan of avoiding lynching strong players although its not because i'm afraid of strong scum players, but rather because i'm afraid of weak town players.
I'm on the fence with this, though I'm leaning more on waiting later to go after the stronger peeps. Because 1) with it being early on, in this case, D1, there's little to go on.
2) I feel as if trying to get the tough guys out as fast as possible could be useful.
and 3) going roughly hand-in-hand with 1, there's a chance that in the long run, it could hurt.

He survived until the end in every game I played with him iirc. Issue is that he was scum in like 4 out of 5 games.

There's got to be more to it than the classic "Oh, but he was on the bad side during a majority of times we played together.

I'm just being petty lmfao
I guess him being strong scum is part of it yea, but he could be a bad player, I'd still be childish and go after him just because he kicked my ass a few times
yall overthinking

and lol at people voting me because this is scummy

NOTSUREIF.jpg
Vote: Jinjo

playing too gently and reactively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom