• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dungeons and Dragons Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright fine i'll start

people i'm iso'ing:

LittleGumball
ZinnLav
Doc
Ryuken
leetic

i wanna observe sunfan and rubik as time goes on

...now to figure out how to iso

aha.... ahaha

6QfJ8WR.png

Doc Iso

Sorry I didn't get a post in last night, yall. To explain some of my inactivity, I started a new job where I work the closing shift and the weekends we're open to 4 AM. This change in my schedule combined with my personal difficulty on day ones kind of contributes to why I haven't gotten to much.

I first want to address that I have never been the most active player D1, regardless of alignment. Hell, this isn't the first time I barely made it to making the minimum requirement. And in those games, I feel like I said way less. Some of my town posts in the past have been straight up "I don't have anything to say." So I don't really agree with what Minish is saying about me here. I'm refraining from saying this makes her look scummy, because that may just be an instinctual OMGUS.

:`v`:

Anyways, another thing I wanted to say before I miss my chance is that I like Link182's defense of fg. Regardless of fg's alignment, I'm doubtful scum would so brazenly come out against a wagon on day one. It's nothing strong, but it stood out to me.

first real post. explains inactivity (nai). slight suspicion of minish for omgus (slight slight scum). likes link182 for defending me (original take, slight town). no wolf reads/real suspicions (slight scum)

overall: nai post

I was preparing a post about the Mido/Zinn wagons and which I would join but end of day beat me and it looks like a lot of people switched over to Z18. For the record though, I would have placed my vote on Mido. If I'm remembering correctly, I recall Zinn behaving similarly in a past game with day one. As someone who also struggles with making thoughts this early, I can understand not being able to contribute a lot. Whether or not that is harmful to town is another discussion. But I don't find her scummy for it.

alright y'all i just really didn't like this post. no original reads at all. doesn't even town-read zinn and has no case on mido, yet he'd join the mido wagon. one day phase passed and he's still not hunting

Nothing strong. I have a very slight one against Minish because I feel like she's intentionally misremembering my meta, but like I said before, its likely an OMGUS feeling and I intend to just keep my eye on her for now.

reads haven't changed from the beginning of the game. again, bad

I’m on mobile atm and did a quick skim. To answer Dekus question, I do intend to be more active but I will likely be busy tomorrow. Got jury duty and don’t know how long that will take me.

Brief thoughts about the NK, I think mafia killed Link182 and vig/sk killed Zelda. I doubt mafia would kill someone so close to being lynched.

I also agree with Moe’s thoughts about how this soft confirms Mido/whoever replaced him. I will try to give more once I get back on my laptop.

this is nai. doc still doesn't have much original thought (bad), but promises activity (good)

Okay so fg is confirmed and I'm fairly certain Rubik is clean too. Like others said, I doubt mafia would have risked someone changing their vote to break the tie and would have finished Zelda18 off themselves. It would have been easy enough to explain away if people called them out for it. Especially considering we did have actual confirmed townies changing their vote in the end.

And, not once but twice I find myself agreeing with Moe (in the distance, sirens). His argument for Minish makes a lot of sense to me. I'm going to remain skeptical, because I will forever be paranoid about Minish, but I think I am comfortable giving her a slight town read. I think I was starting to tunnel her yesterday mistakenly if Moe is right.

Could I also get an explanation on why Deku is soft-confirmed? I am a tad bit lost on that front. Is it soft-confirmed based on the night kills or his behavior?

minish read changes once people find minish town (especially moe). he agrees with moe. is still asking about and looking for town reads, rather than catching scum

to answer your q though @Doc , deku straight up forgot what one of the kills were (link182)

tl;dr: doc is scummy for not contributing to the discussion still, but he's promising activity, so i'll retract my vote until i have more data

Unvote: Doc

Zinn Iso

Not really, everyone except Moe is still in the joking phase, makes me think Moe is Town, scum would leave things in the joking phase I feel.
This min 3 posts per day is annoying, there isn't really much going on.

this post is nai really. the moe town read is an original read, but like a level 1/0 read? unsure of what the levels mean yet, but it's unsubstantial

Pretty much, I don't have much to say at this point. Pretty much I do what you do, rely on night information and build reads from that.

That feels like someone trying to form a wagon, I don't like it. I've said it many times, I don't do much on D1.

You can sign up for emails to be sent to you everytime someone posts in the thread.

i think zinn defending herself for not having thoughts is slightly townie. one of the reasons i didn't want to see a wagon formed on her

I think he's making some effort to push discussion and get others to agree with his reads or something. I'm not the best at reading others myself.
Anyone who encourages serious discussion when joking is still going on will no doubt get townie points. I haven't given much thought as to what Moe has actually said though, I'm not familiar enough with his play-style.

explains moe read; idk if i'd consider this backpedaling or idk what it is, but she publicly states that her moe read isn't that strong bc she doesn't know his meta.

What? No, it doesn't make sense to me. I say my play style is similar to yours and you think that looks scummy?

Excuse me? I never once said I was withholding information? You're throwing shade without anything backing you up.

Seriously? Quit complaining about how I play in every game, it's getting annoying af.
First votes never really come off scummy, it's usually the second or third person on a wagon.
In like all his posts, just the vibe I'm getting or something idk

Again, it's D1, what do you expect from me? A full reads list and what role I think everyone is? I haven't even voted yet. But you're looking more and more scummy.

Vote: Funnygurl555

i really liked this emotion post because she appears genuinely angry at how people read her. at this point i thought she was town

wasn't here for eod, which is not the best thing. but people weren't protecting her, so wagonomics states she likely ain't a wolf

I can say leetic is likely Town, at the least he didn't kill anyone last night.

I'm also confused why Mafia would kill someone who claimed Mason, since if it was true, the Mafia would know they're not lying, and would insert a confirmed Town, it makes no sense, unless there was a bus driver or redirector in play who expected that, even so they'd have to know who was targeting or getting targeted. Zelda's kill doesn't make much sense either, they were one of two wagons, the other being Mido, yes they both had two votes, but they also had the most, they looked suspect, why not let them live and sow more suspicion?

I feel like voting for those who convienently happen to be busy during the day phases, like Doc & Tristan, even if you're busy you can certainly still send your night action without keeping up with the thread.

I think I'll...
Vote: Tristan

At least for now.

i am... not a fan of this take. voting for inactives is an easy way out when you have a lack of original reads. it's a safe take. slight scummy

Phase change happens at like 8am for me and I'm not active until afternoons. So if I come across scummy because of my delayed posts, it's simply because I'm not a morning person.

explanation for why she posts when she does. nai

tl;dr: i think zinn is townie, but she has to step it up this phase and post wolf reads/hunt, or else i'm going to retract my read. my town read on her is conditional on her stepping up her game post-D1

Ryuken Iso

OP: Tags me
Notifications:
funnier6:

Notifications: [1]
phoenix-sweating(a).gif

Way to be prompt, Notifications. Also, if anyone was curious, I was going to RVS vote funnier6 for "coercing" me to join Mafia games again. Sigh....

Anyway, I haven't seen much from today, so I don't have any strong opinions or reads just yet. Just be mindful of the sarcasm in the RVS voting phase posts, @Moe the Moblin . If funnier used "thateth sort ofeth wordingeth" on Day 2, he would be instantly suspicious.

i think this is a pretty nai post. joking a bit, explaining meta on a friend

Why do you find it annoying? Do you feel forced to post or something?

i thought this post in response to zinn was pretty good. slight townie points

I don't think anyone is really being forced to contribute in order to comply with the 3 post minimum thing. You're not being forced to post walls of text or reply to every post you see or to post a reads list. Just being a little bit transparent can get someone to be like "wait a minute" and bring something up or share something to get a discussion going. If you're thinking "Oh crap, how can I post/contribute to this point so I don't look scummy or get modkilled," there's a small chance you might be Mafia. :)

It's been a while since I've played on here, but I don't usually come up with reads or vote outside of the RVS phase Day 1 unless someone or something incredibly suspicious happens. Mostly being inquisitive to generate discussion and see what people are thinking in order to piece some stuff together for the next day once the info from the Night phase comes out. Night info to me is really handy.

phoenix-sheepish(a).gif

Heh, we've come a long way since the ol' days of misinterpreting sarcasm, haven't we?

doubling down on zinn being annoyed by the 3 post minimum. more banter with funnier. i think this post is nai. an opportunistic wolf could make this post, or a scumhunting town

Ooooookay... Why do you say "it's not necessarily a hard part for a wolf to make?" What are you implying here?

A sort of pet peeve of mine here. It's nice to know that you have the same thoughts I do, but these kinds of responses make it sound like you're being "fed information." In other words, contributing your thoughts without actually contributing your own thoughts. If that makes any sense.

Case in point:

phoenix-document(a).gif

Moe is the the kind of person who likes to poke holes in a piece of paper and patch up some of the holes with another person's piece of paper. Yeah, I've never been good with metaphors, but basically, he doesn't elaborate much, meaning most of the time, one would have to guess what they're trying to say. Big no-no for me, especially with "not necessarily a hard part for wolf" post and the "like how good it looks on Minish" post. Don't make us fill in the blanks, and don't just use Mido's words as your own. What are some places where you don't quite mindmeld, for instance?

On that note, however, this is also why I'm hesitant to vote Moe, probably for a while. He played like this in the Hydra game on Bulba, and I haven't seen how he plays as scum.

You are definitely more funnier than funnier himself, that's for sure. :)

Why so sure, though?

still going on about zinn. voices concerns about moe's play but then... town reads him? he wonders why i'm so sure about town reading moe, which is fair. overall, kinda a scummy post, with nai parts sprinkled in

I'm not confused by the typo. I was just confused by how you were seemingly reading me as both Town and Scum at the same time. I've gotten a slightly better understanding of your playstyle now that you've elaborated slightly more, but I still find your read on me a bit weird.

I see. I'm used to seeing this sort of thing in a much more faster paced setting like IRC/Discord Mafia.

i think this response post is nai

phoenix-sweating(a).gif

I was staring at this for like 10 seconds and completely forgot about the theme of the game. This is your friendly reminder that sarcasm is hard on the internet. Especially when you miss the context that's staring you in the face every time you open this thread.

nai; unrelated to actual mafia game (which isn't bad i do it all the time lol, but yeah)

phoenix-pointing(a).gif

This totally sounds like something scum would say. Totally.

Memes aside, I don't think I've noticed anything out of the ordinary from the players I know who have posted here. Bit concerned about @leetic and @Link 182 , though, since I haven't seen much from them. @Doc has always taken a while to make posts, iirc (though come on, don't get yourself modkilled), and of course @Zelda18 's taking their time freshing up on forum Mafia.
To the ones I tagged, what are your thoughts about this day so far?

Hold It.

I looked back and my posts, and I never indicated leetic at any point in them. Nor did I mean to imply him in my response. I'm struggling to understand how you perceived my hypothetical example as a "roundabout way of addressing leetic and Zinnlav."

voicing that they want to hear more from leetic link and doc is 'ight. both wolves and town would make that post. nai. in the absence of scum reads though, slightly wolfy

catching that someone got his reads wrong is townie. it'd be a bad reason to wolf read someone though imo

I thought I made it clear when I was explaining my thoughts on Moe and tying that to my thoughts on your response as a non-example, but I guess I didn't.
What I was referring to here is how you quoted my thoughts and didn't say much beyond "Pretty much I don't have much to say... Pretty much I do what you do." That is what irked me because you answered by agreeing with one of my thoughts instead of elaborating on your own and showing how your own thoughts are similar to mine. An example would be something like this:

Doc and I had similar thoughts and we reached the same conclusion. Moe, on the other hand, stayed cryptic and didn't elaborate much on how his thoughts were similar to Mido's. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

still on zinn... nai/slightly wolfy. where are other reads ._______________.

Alright, I guess one meme post before I sleep will do.

Aw, come on, let's not make fun of Light Theme users, okay?
phoenix-sheepish(a).gif

Rolls for charisma.

last post; isn't around for eod. bad look. want ryuken to return bc he's null for now. his day2 play will determine his alignment

i think if he continues to do what he's doing, he's lynch material

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So... since everyone else is doing it, who should I read...
Gummy. Definitely need to reread her. As well as Doc, Tristan, Mido, Ryu and Leetic.
That's like half the game... but definitely not half the thread. Shouldn't be too tough to handle.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Hi everybody my name is Mido and I will be your mafia player today.

Vote: Ryuken

Scum soft claim from Mido. Actually this is more than just a soft claim, this is a full hard claim from Mido's slot. We got 'em guys, this game is solved. Lynch Rubik now! :cool:

This is the scummiest post in the entire game and idk why nobody's talking about it. This was post #14, not post #1, which means Moe is a filthy liar and I like the Lynch All Liars policy! :)

...Did you really need to ask an rng in order to vote me? :suspicious::suspicious::suspicious:

Can't wait to take you down just like old times. :cool:
"I can't wait to take you down"
*subs out*
:ananger:

I'm just playin wit u, go make ZD proud in the championship!

joke's on you i'm already roleplaying as the ugliest and stupidest woman alive in real life
Same

funnier isn't the kind of guy to hit a woman
He isn't the kind of guy to hit anyone tbh

why doesn't he just move the people into the suite next door.....

vote: the landlord
S C U M
Cuz there was an extra bedroom next door (and thankfully I know the guys living in it) while I was living by myself in a 3 bedroom, so my landlord rented it out to a couple and moved me over here. Just was really annoying to have to deal with in the midst of an intense job search.

Not really, everyone except Moe is still in the joking phase, makes me think Moe is Town, scum would leave things in the joking phase I feel.
This is a fair viewpoint that I can see myself generally agreeing with. I always appreciate early attempts to spark discussion, scum typically like to avoid that in my experience. Town points to Moe for at least trying.

If everything is AI, what do you think of the funnier vote then? Which A does it I?
Gun to your head, gun to your balls, which is it
I'm liking this Day 1 Deku. The aggressiveness is a nice change of pace for him. And it looks good too because I find when he's scum he doesn't do a lot of questioning and seeks out convenient times to talk.

I don't think me or Minish or Deku or Ryu or Leetic or other people I'm thinking of are. He definitely was super quick to draw attention to himself but he does that so easily I don't even know.
I haven't seen Moe's scum game (don't think anyone here has really), but he strikes me as the kind of player who would be hyper verbal even as scum. It's just his playstyle, so the drawing attention to himself isn't what catches my eye about it, more specifically it's the super early attempt to create serious discussion that did. Like I said above, i find that it's generally in mafia's best interests to avoid discussion rather than the other way around, so I typically see trying to move out of RVS as a town move.

And I'm sad that you won't be able to respond to my wall post funnier because I always awaited your responses in high anticipation! :kawaii:

You know what's extremely wolfy? Not answering the question presented to you, and instead using the context of the question to turn suspicion onto the one who's questioning you.

Also, you really only read half of Mido's post didn't you? Yes, as established by multiple people, I'm trying to level up my play a little this game. But where every thought you mention about me points to me being scum, Mido's post clearly said it could go either way (since he said he'd mislynched me for this in the past as well).

You really seem to be creating your own narrative thus far, ignoring things that aren't fitting how you want the rest of the town to see you and others. You've ignored my question twice, misquoted Mido, and if it weren't 2am I could probably go back and find more instances of this. Either get to reading the game closer... or, if this is intentional, just... stop.

Whaddya know? I already have an RVS vote on you.
Think I'll keep it there for now.
Actually, that's not how I read Mido's post. I read it as him saying your more reserved playstyle is what caused him to mislynch you. Unless I misunderstood what you were saying here? Either way, I don't know what your day 2 has been like thus far but keep this up! I like the new you!

You see, this cryptic **** is why you get a large portion of my RVS votes.
It doesn't help the town. If you die and flip town, your reads weren't explained well so we can't go off of them. If you continue forward in the game with just these cryptic reads, you're going to have a hard time convincing other people, and are only going to mildly annoy us (well, me, but probably other people too) because you refuse to explain yourself. Hell, not really explaining your reads could give you room to just BS reads, and because of how rarely you explain them you can phone one in and nobody would know. It's damaging to the town.

Also, worth mentioning, your playstyle and Midos are... not alike. Whatsoever. Therefore, even if his thoughts align with your own personal thoughts, that doesn't necessarily mean you're the same alignment. The way he's playing this game could make having those same thoughts as you help his scumgame. It really depends on how he plays, which isn't something that you can know as of now.
I don't think your going to get much from keeping your vote on Moe at this point. I feel like this happens every game and it's always wrong. If you're going to vote for Moe, you're gonna have to find a reason that's not NAI. Voting for Moe and expecting him to change the way he plays is useless and you know it.

I appreciate your more aggressive approach this game, but I don't like your vote. Voting for him for the same reason all the time isn't going to do anything.

I quoted some things.

I don't really see what you're trying to say here since. you're saying you don't know if you're town reading how Deku's playing but you think his questions have "the strongest leanings of potential good"? What exactly is that supposed to mean?
I read it as Mido pointing out "the best of the worst", so to speak; as in, he read Deku as scummy but wanted to point out the towniest parts of his posts for the sake of transparency and to make it clear that he wasn't fully decisive in his read of Deku. And this seems to be accurate based on what Mido himself said after this.

DekuNut these posts are quite spicy. Looking more townie I say, although I'm a tad curious that you might be laying all your love on Moe, so to say.
This seems like a pretty quick turnaround since the previous page Mido was saying that Deku's more aggressive nature is more in line with his scum play (which I don't really agree with but I also haven't played here in a good while). I see where he's coming from as I feel the same way about Deku, it just caught my eye as a quick change.

These are my thoughts as of page 8. I'll come back with more later and a reads list, but I still have quite a bit to read. Thankfully, things will slow down for me tomorrow (aside from one job interview) but I'll try to post again today.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
As far as I can tell ryu doesn't have any legit alignment reads and basically every single one of his posts dips into hypothetical play and what ifs- he isn't actually commenting on this game, he's just commenting on the game if you get what I mean.
It's not hard for wolves to make posts like that.

sup I'm alive
getting back from the airport last night was true hell

I'm gonna get lunch (just woke up) and then I'll be fully caught up

I read up to page 7 and my reads at that point were that Moe and funny seemed town and that LG seemed wolfy

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
i ought to quit my job and just play mafia full time

ok quick thots from a quick catchup

seeing people's points about ryu, i'll look into it myself in a minute
tristan popped into day 2 with a ton of outdated joke responses and i am not a big fan, also didn't really have any original takes (as funnygurl has been putting it)
the ISO moe did is surprising, i don't remember seeing that kind of posting out of him, but dammit i just can't scumread that kind of effort

I guess I'm around now.
what's the point of this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom