• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
I'm also not quite convinced on that Bok vote either. He hasn't really done anything else that seems scummy. Whereas EMIYA has been a few people's radar (though for something small), and had a vote on Mezlo until he claimed, at which point he removed his vote. That seems much more suspicious to me than Bok's statement.
To clarify, my vote on Mezlo was RVS from the beginning. I'd planned on removing it once things got serious. The Vengeful softclaim had very little to do with it, but honestly I don't intend on taking the risk, either. There's not enough to go off of and it would be aimless to pursue it.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
For some wondering why my posts are rather... sporadic, most of you guys post when I am sleeping. When I'm ready nothing is happening and when I wake up I have 5 pages to read...

Anyway

Something has been bothering me today, and I couldn't get it out of my head. I find your roleclaim a bit inconsistent. You basically soft-claimed Vengeful if I'm right, but why would that be a danger for us? The normal powers of the vengeful townie are the following: if the vengeful dies, he/she can kill a single person at will. If you can call a single person, no matter who, and you are town, then isn't that basically just an extra vigilante shot tonight? The way you are presenting it gives me the feeling that only those that voted for you are at risk, and that you are kind of like a bomb. This is weird, however, because it is a very very non-standard version on the vengeful townie. And you may say in the quote above that Pendio is known for somewhat unconventional roles, which is... imo partially true, but he also clearly stated in the opening of this game that this is NOT a bastard game. He attempts to only use conventional roles. Vengeful is already an uncommon role (but not a non-standard one), the version you allegedly have is even more rare. I don't believe he added that to the game.

I also don't like this WIFOM. What the movie The Princess Bride told us, where the phrase comes from, was that there is no way to unravel a WIFOM. It's circular reasoning. Thus, personally, I am often inclined to policy lynch. Sometimes there are exceptions, when the stakes are very high, but this is not the case. Right now it is safe to lynch him, no matter the consequences. That may not be the same later in the game, and I would not like our position at that point to depend on a WIFOM.

Interesting.

I do believe your explanation. Seems reasonable.

Definitely not.
The mafia will move, and will not accidentally kill another mafia member. Any victim will be town 100%. The lynch is our owny shot at killing mafia members.
Besides, we don't even know if there is a vig or anything aiding us with nightkill powers. With a no lynch we effectively have a second first day tomorrow and with 1 less townie.

As for your second paragraph, last game in Princess Bride Mafia, I had the vengeful ability and it was "player with the Vengeful ability will kill the last person who voted or nightkilled them."

D

Deleted member 14134

Well, I said earlier that I didn't like the idea of two townies getting lynched if mez turned out to be vengeful. I did say I was ok with him getting lynched but I wanted a better option to come up. Right now it looks like it's between Tristan and an extension so I'd rather have an extension and have more time to take a look at other people.

Vote: Extension

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
RN Eduarda is my biggest scum lean, (how many mafia are there? 2-3 I'm guessing.) so potentially I'm looking at Storm, DekuNut, and Eduarda as scum buds, if there were two, I'd say Storm and Eduarda as I'm not positive on DekuNut. But here's a bit on Eduarda. I find that he is really trying to push a lynch like this:
I'm not sure. Everyone seems to think that our targets are only our targets for small reasons. Little slips and nothing much more. Which is true.

But I do want to discuss this. If we as a town decide to go for Mex, should we let Mex full claim his role? See if it's Vengeful, and if he can pick someone to kill after he dies. In that case, if he wasn't fake claiming and he actually is a townie, I want as many people as possible on his wagon in case he is saying the truth, so he has a better selection to choose from who he thinks might be scum. I mean, if that's how Vengeful works, I'm not sure.
In this post he is telling us we don't have any strong evidence to lynch anyone but then goes on to contradict what he just said and try to get people on a bandwagon to lynch Mezlo. He says that he wants as many people to vote Mezlo as possible. Maybe to turn away suspicion if Mezlo is town. but this post is what made me suspect him. Also here he continues that thought but with different reasoning:

Which brings the immoral part of it. We're going to have to decide who goes on the wagon, because scum sure as hell won't. We'll need to tell people who to vote even if they don't want to vote for Mex. I mean, on paper it's a good idea I think. Town has a two kills they can make. But idk if you guys are ok with it.

I'm willing to be on the wagon regardless.

Here he is basically threatening people into voting for Mezlo bc if they don't, they must be scum? He tries to pull off the appearance of a "team player" with the last sentence there but I think he's playing for the wrong team.

Vote: Eduarda

funnier6

Courage~
We're going to be on day one foreverr :bno:

Even with all the time you could possibly get this feels really WIFOM reasoning.

This is the strangest day one I've ever been a part of so there's that.

D

Deleted member 14134

Everybody's got to be posting while Im sleeping...

Anyway I will not be voting for extension and I believe we should go with Mezlos plan, I still don't believe he'd lie about being vengeful so we should at least give him another day.
Alright, who do you think would be a better candidate for getting lynched today instead of mez then?

funnier6

Courage~
Alright, who do you think would be a better candidate for getting lynched today instead of mez then?

That's hard really, the only one who's pinged me at all is ALIT and idk if that's just how he is or not. I'd probably vote him if I had no other choice for lack of other suspicious people but I wouldn't feel very good about it.

Dekus been a little weird now that I think about it but idk if I'd vote him for it.

I'm still just smh about role claims on day one, I feel like we'd have gotten farther without them.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
We're going to be on day one foreverr :bno:

Even with all the time you could possibly get this feels really WIFOM reasoning.

This is the strangest day one I've ever been a part of so there's that.

the last mafia game had a princess bride theme. enough with the wine in front of me ****

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
Yet we still haven't come to an agreement on who, even more spread out votes for people with backup reasons not really adding up and just speculation, we need an extension because we're not really getting anywhere still. On the bright side we have 6 votes for extension.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What bothers me about her most recent posts is how she insists she will stay on the Mezlo wagon. This is opening a can of WIFOM, but It's possible to make such a bet as scum to make Mezlo doubt she would do that as mafia. If she is a mafioso, it seems to be working as Mezlo has a town read on her.
This is also a very good point and I had considered it. It is for this reason that Eduarda is going to be my target if I get lynched, because I fully believe she's capable of a bluff like this.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
oh. am I still voting for myself?
Unvote

after reading this thread again, I don't feel any townliness from Mellow, and that's not me being vindictive or vengeful myself.

Vote:Twistan
Do you have any legitimate reasons for your vote besides "[not feeling] any townliness"? Is there a reason you feel that way, or is it just a hunch? Come to think of it, I haven't seen you make any real substantial contributions yet. I understand that you have a busy work schedule, and I totally feel you there, so would it not be safer for you to not commit to a vote if you haven't really had the time to read through the thread? As a claimed (and practically confirmed) townie, your input is very important.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Do you have any legitimate reasons for your vote besides "[not feeling] any townliness"? Is there a reason you feel that way, or is it just a hunch? Come to think of it, I haven't seen you make any real substantial contributions yet. I understand that you have a busy work schedule, and I totally feel you there, so would it not be safer for you to not commit to a vote if you haven't really had the time to read through the thread? As a claimed (and practically confirmed) townie, your input is very important.

Im aman of few words. We're getting Extended anyway. If you want me to do a Multi-Quote barrage, i shall. Til then. Laterphoto_1500674432326.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom