• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Pointless statistics (and statistics in general) in mafia games are rarely helpful and more often than not are just annoying. Being suspicious of someone for having the exact same likelihood as any other player in the game goes beyond that. If that's not flawed reasoning, I don't even know what is.

Storm, is your vote still on Zachie because you're genuinely suspicious of him? If so, then why? If it's still because of something that was very obviously a joke that started before roles were even sent out, then you're reaching way further than you need to, which is suspicious in and of itself. Domo did the same thing, and while it's flawed, in his case it's coming from a newbie (though it's still something to keep in mind for later), whereas you have more than a year's worth of games behind you. Surely, you see the flaws in your logic?

With this being said, I doubt both Storm and Domo would be scumbuds. So if one of them are scum, the other probably is not.

My vote is on him because no one else is popping out, and we have less than 24 hours. I find him scummy as I find you scummy. Hypocritical as it sounds, a claim day 1 is not a saving card unless it's your first game and the town kind of needs you. I am wary of us lynching the Jailkeeper by mistake. I am not sure If I unvoted Zachie earlier, but

UNVOTE

They could, of course, both be town though.

So where do I look now? Well, tbh, Storm's actions in this game are the only ones I would truly consider scummy, but I see it as no more than Storm being himself; ergo, it's not exactly alignment indicative.

It's because I'm talking. I'm the only one who is talking. I've been shut out for 3 months, and from you for longer. If I talk long enough, maybe we'll find scum finally, and keep this Town winning streak going

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well, time to play I guess.
First major event to mention is Zachie's claim. I agree with the others, it's way too early to claim, especially with how much first day votes can change, but I find it townie. He's new, so he wouldn't know the previous statement. If he were scum, his scumbuds wouldn't have suggested a roleclaim, and I doubt he would've come up with a fakeclaim this early on his own, let alone the safest claim there is. I find it to be a newbtown move, but a town move all the same.

I agree that if Zachie were scum, his other scum buddy would have advised him to go about things differently than he did. They definitely wouldn't have suggested claiming so early, and probably would have told him starting out not to worry about the random votes at the beginning of the game.
That being said, the same goes with Domo, where I would think that if he were scum, his other scum buddy would have informed him on the roles and what they mean/do. So both of their actions make me lean town for them for the time being. Though I'll definitely be looking to see if they have any slip-ups that aren't easily attributed to being new players.

They could, of course, both be town though.

So where do I look now? Well, tbh, Storm's actions in this game are the only ones I would truly consider scummy, but I see it as no more than Storm being himself; ergo, it's not exactly alignment indicative. Now while Zachie, as a VT (supposedly), is expendable, I'm not generally a fan of lynching newbies Day 1 unless they're genuinely suspicious. Considering the very high probability that today's lynchee will be either a Mafia Goon or a simple Vanilla Townie, I would almost consider going for an RVS lynch today, unless someone else does something scummy enough to warrant a lynch. I know how this may sound, but I'm sure everyone here knows my thoughts on No Lynches, and I've expressed my dislike for lynching new players during the first day several times in the past. I'd like to hear everybody else's input first, though.

I agree that Storm is the only person really sticking out at the moment, but that's mostly just due to that being his normal play style. It was definitely a bit odd to latch onto something like that and see it as being scummy, but I do also agree it's not alignment indicative. I will say, I do like that he is trying to get conversation started, and I like that he is giving his reads of people. With all that in mind, I'm pretty neutral on him at the moment.

As for what to do about the lynch, I am a bit worried about possibly getting the jailor or tracker if we do a random lynch. Losing one of them day 1 would put us in a really bad spot. I know how you (and quite a few others, I believe) feel about No Lynches, but do you think that might be our best option to assure that neither the jailor or the tracker die? That way we have a better chance of having more information going into day 2. I think random lynches are okay in all vanilla games, but a game with only two action roles for town it makes me a little more hesitant.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
As for what to do about the lynch, I am a bit worried about possibly getting the jailor or tracker if we do a random lynch. Losing one of them day 1 would put us in a really bad spot. I know how you (and quite a few others, I believe) feel about No Lynches, but do you think that might be our best option to assure that neither the jailor or the tracker die? That way we have a better chance of having more information going into day 2. I think random lynches are okay in all vanilla games, but a game with only two action roles for town it makes me a little more hesitant.

Yeah I kind of agree now that I think about it. Why are we trying to hang someone so soon? We don't even know anything yet. We should wait and see if the tracker can find anything tonight.

Unvote

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I hate Day One no-lynches. It gets us nowhere and gives scum a free kill. Though I do find reminders of Storm's playstyle to be true enough. It doesn't confirm him, but it gives him a pass for now.
I'm gonna try to do a basic reads list a little later, probably after work. But for now...
Who am I voting for, Tristan I think?
Unvote

Storm

Random Voting Stage

End of Day

any questions about abbreciations, I believe there is everything you need to know in the MEGATHREAD

Mido

Version 1
CURRENT VOTE TALLY
Minish_Link - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
Storm - 1( Zachie Blade)
DekuNut - 1 (Libk)
Libk - 1 (Pendio)

Yet To Vote: : Storm, DekuNut, Minish_Link, Mellow Ezlo, Domozilla777

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. The day will end on Tuesday, June 20th, at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

Storm

if nobody votes, nobody gets lynched

unlike Town of Salem, who we vote for will die at the end of the day, no questions asked. we don't do a trial

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So, going on least-to-most posts:
Johnny (3): Get active boi. Would like to hear his current thoughts on Storm, after some of the conversation around him advanced over the last few hours since Johnny's last post. Though I don't see anything in his ISO that really calls me either direction, in my quick overview, gonna null him.
Minish (3): Get active gurl. The second person to unvote, and the first to unvote a vote on an actual player, so that's a good start. Good reads on new players, but a little parroting of Tristan (though that wasn't exactly a point many argued against). I'm giving her more than null at her low post-rate due to how much I feel is in those few posts. However, it's still only a few posts. Null-town.
Libk (3): I know you've been busy, but get active boi. Just like Pen asked him a few hours ago, I still want to know what's so interesting. Newbs usually freak out if they get RVSed. What's different in this case? Going null on him as well, since there's not much to go off in his few posts.
Pendio (4): Get active boi. I like him bringing up the mass of unvotes. Unvoting when a lot of people are unvoting is a good place for scum to hide. Similar to Minish, null-town.
Zachie (9): I've talked a fair amount about him already, and I haven't seen anything that changes my mind. Town.
Deku (9... or 10 now I guess): This boi's the scummiest scum that ever scummed :bubsy:
Dom (9): Playing it safe, like I'd expect a new person to. Newbscum are more likely to throw around their vote imo, at least earlier on. Gonna look more in-depth on how he talked about the Zachie wagon, but this post is just based on a quick skim. Right now, I'm more likely to provide advice than condemnation, but still could go either way. Null.
Mezlo (11): As usual, a strong player. Seems the towniest to me thus far, due to how he was the first to point out that this is Storm's MO instead of crucifying him, or even just continuing on the wagon, which he could've done easily. He's remained level-headed on the matter. It could be a gambit, but everything else suggests goodness imo. Town.
Storm (18): Of course he has the most posts. Of course. And... well, he's being Storm. Hard to read, jumping to conclusions, all seems about right. Though he hasn't claimed doctor yet, so that's a plus. His statistics bit is really weird. Null.

And, as usual, I end up with very few actual scumreads. I'll need to look more into Dom and Storm, since I'm most likely to vote for one of them, but here's the basic results of my skim.

In case anyone wants to know why I cut off my "get active" messages when I did, it's because those are the people who have posted less than the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom