• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have a question about the rules here. I've played where there is a random role left out so we can't be sure of anything. Is this game like that? Or are all the roles used?
Mido posted this particular game's setup in the OP. It's mostly a vanilla game, with only two real power roles at play.

What? on a scale of red to green? And how those blue people are the RP group, and therefore need more time to discern. And how im not looking at Dom or Minish Link due to them being fairly new, meaning they could be prone to slips. But i think i know what youre talking about:
"Why do you suspect me, Storm"
Well youre one of the seamless veterans. I have to stay on my toes
tbh, you should be keeping an eye on everybody. On the contrary, I think newbies being prone to slips is more of a reason to keep a close eye on them rather than just leave them alone. That's a dangerous mindset to have in this game. Also, Minish isn't really new anymore as she's played several games on this site already and has proven herself to be a good player.

Zach and Tristan are yellow because of their correspondence. Just making a note that if Zach ends up scum, i know where im going next, and it is a path i know will get me lynched, or probably Night Killed. Maybe the Tracker should watch One of them tonight or Jail one of them for the sake of safety, then we'd know by Day 2. I know it sounds like a bland game, but i mean i am in no rush to get this game done.
You're reaching. You're reading too far into a "connection" that began in the signup thread before roles were even distributed.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
didn't really stay in the sign up that long but just so say I'm in, and to confirm

Storm

EBWODP: I just read the Sign up thread, and there is no connection there to be seen, so either it was on the shoutbox, or you're lying

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, time to play I guess.
First major event to mention is Zachie's claim. I agree with the others, it's way too early to claim, especially with how much first day votes can change, but I find it townie. He's new, so he wouldn't know the previous statement. If he were scum, his scumbuds wouldn't have suggested a roleclaim, and I doubt he would've come up with a fakeclaim this early on his own, let alone the safest claim there is. I find it to be a newbtown move, but a town move all the same.

Tristan, I wouldn't worry too much about Storm not saying much a bout Libk, Pen, and myself yet. It's just like back in Ye Olden Dayes when he wouldn't even try to read me because he knew me so much more than everyone else and had a bias. It's very similar here, since they're bros, so he wants to wait a little longer before putting us into a category.

But I do find his focus on the joke alliance between Zachie and Tristan weird. He focuses a lot on what is obviously a joke. That's something I'd expect out of a new player, but not Storm. He's played multiple rounds. He knows how this game works.

As for Storm's last post: Technically, with 9 people and 9 roles, there's 81 possible random setups, of which 7 would lead to at least one being scum, which is closer to 8.6%. Even taking out the chances of Zachie being a town PR, that only brings it up to... ugh, I haven't taken statistics since high school... 11% I think? Besides, that's going completely based on chance if you lynch right now. They both have the same chance of being scum as, say, you.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Unvote

Vote: Zachie

I am actually siding with Storm on this. Zachie and Mezlo corresponding here seems like the most suspicious duo so far. But would they really risk being caught if they were the mafia? Or maybe one of them is the tracker or something? I'm not sure, it's too soon to tell. If they are mafia, it's a very risky plan, if they are villagers, it's pointless to do so unless one of them had a suspicion about another. This is why I would assume one of them is the tracker. (I'm not 100% sure what the tracker does though but I'm guessing it's like the detective?) as I said, it's too early to tell so I'm just going with whoever is acting suspicious.

Annnd I just read deku's post and I feel like a newb now xD

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Dom:
The tracker is able to follow one person every night and find out if they targeted anyone, and if so who. We haven't had a night yet, so they haven't used their power. Even if they had, they have no way for sure of knowing what role or alignment someone has.
And just in case you're wondering as well, a Jailkeeper is both a doctor and a roleblocker. Their target is protected from kills, but also can't perform their role.

Storm

As for Storm's last post: Technically, with 9 people and 9 roles, there's 81 possible random setups, of which 7 would lead to at least one being scum, which is closer to 8.6%. Even taking out the chances of Zachie being a town PR, that only brings it up to... ugh, I haven't taken statistics since high school... 11% I think? Besides, that's going completely based on chance if you lynch right now. They both have the same chance of being scum as, say, you.

9 roles
2 evil
2/9 = 22%

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Pointless statistics (and statistics in general) in mafia games are rarely helpful and more often than not are just annoying. Being suspicious of someone for having the exact same likelihood as any other player in the game goes beyond that. If that's not flawed reasoning, I don't even know what is.

Storm, is your vote still on Zachie because you're genuinely suspicious of him? If so, then why? If it's still because of something that was very obviously a joke that started before roles were even sent out, then you're reaching way further than you need to, which is suspicious in and of itself. Domo did the same thing, and while it's flawed, in his case it's coming from a newbie (though it's still something to keep in mind for later), whereas you have more than a year's worth of games behind you. Surely, you see the flaws in your logic?

With this being said, I doubt both Storm and Domo would be scumbuds. So if one of them are scum, the other probably is not.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
With this being said, I doubt both Storm and Domo would be scumbuds. So if one of them are scum, the other probably is not.
They could, of course, both be town though.

So where do I look now? Well, tbh, Storm's actions in this game are the only ones I would truly consider scummy, but I see it as no more than Storm being himself; ergo, it's not exactly alignment indicative. Now while Zachie, as a VT (supposedly), is expendable, I'm not generally a fan of lynching newbies Day 1 unless they're genuinely suspicious. Considering the very high probability that today's lynchee will be either a Mafia Goon or a simple Vanilla Townie, I would almost consider going for an RVS lynch today, unless someone else does something scummy enough to warrant a lynch. I know how this may sound, but I'm sure everyone here knows my thoughts on No Lynches, and I've expressed my dislike for lynching new players during the first day several times in the past. I'd like to hear everybody else's input first, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom