• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
This isn't optimal play, the Mafia win con is we win when all Town and Spider aligned are eliminated or exiled, therefore we gain gain victiry alingside the goblins who just want Silver exiled, and we can also win with Silver exiled. There is nothing contradictory about our wincons.

if your information is correct, then there's no harm in leaving killing silver until every other town and spider player is dead. If your information isn't correct however, then its possible that its better to kill silver earlier. (ie: if freddeh has been lying and it turns out that goblins and mafia can't win together and that if we do what he wants us to then we'll lose). I think its fairly unlikely that this is the case, but since we lose nothing by not trusting freddeh but potentially do lose something by trusting him (while gaining nothing, realistically), the mathematically optimal play is to not trust him.

if your information is correct, then there's no harm in leaving killing silver until every other town and spider player is dead. If your information isn't correct however, then its possible that its better to kill silver earlier. (ie: if freddeh has been lying and it turns out that goblins and mafia can't win together and that if we do what he wants us to then we'll lose). I think its fairly unlikely that this is the case, but since we lose nothing by not trusting freddeh but potentially do lose something by trusting him (while gaining nothing, realistically), the mathematically optimal play is to not trust him.
Ask Rubik. He has no stake in this Mafia/Goblin disagreement. He asked a question last night as to whether Mafia and Goblin could win together, and was told that they could.

Plus, it looks like Silver killed himself anyways, so killing them would waste a lynch.

"What, again? How many times are you going to have to kill me before you realize I've won? Don't you know how much these regeneration pods cost? I don't have unlimited resources, you know! Oh... I mean... Wait, I take that back, I do have unlimited resources. I can do this all day! That thing I said a second ago, slip of the tongue, I swear. No, wait, don't... Fine, just get it over with."

As this Jackal is defeated, somewhere, elsewhere, in the Jackal's secret lair, a new one rises from his Regeneration Pod. But what's that thing the last one said about not having unlimited resources? Could it be the Jackal is running out of clones? Maybe. Maybe...

jackal regen.jpg

Or maybe not...

DAY 11: Final Vote Count

Spiritual Mask Salesman (7): Spider-Man, Silverfish, Silverfish
Silverfish (1): 15377

With 7 votes against him, Spiritual Mask Salesman reached (and surpassed) his Threshold and has been Lynched. He was the Mafia Aligned criminal cloning mastermind, The Jackal!

Oh no! Spiritual Mask Salesman has Regenerated and returned to the Active player pool.

Not Voting (8): Rubik, Aaarrrgh, Freddeh, Captan Lunch, Ragnarokio, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Paranoid King, Killjoy

With 13 available votes, it takes 7 votes to reach a Majority. Spiritual Mask Salesman was at Majority when he was Lynched.

It is now Night 11. The Night 11 Deadline is set for August 23rd at 6:30 PM EST. Click here for an accurate countdown.

1. 15377 votes Silverfish
  2. Ragnarokio votes Silverfish four times, but then unvotes
  3. Spider-Man votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  4. Silverfish votes Spiritual Mask Salesman with the proportionate strength of a spider! Wowee! (Strengthened)
  5. Silverfish votes Spiritual Mask Salesman again (Strengthened)
  6. Spiritual Mask Salesman reached his Threshold and has been Lynched (but then he Regenerated).

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It was mod confirmed to me that Freddeh can win with Mafia, but there's a small chance that the Scrier's abilities tell lies, but probably not a big enough chance that it's worth entertaining.

There was a small error in the vote count. Spiritual Mask Salesman had 11 votes against him, not whatever it originally said. He's still super duper lynched, like overkill.

Nope.

Last edited:
There was a small error in the vote count. Spiritual Mask Salesman had 11 votes against him, not whatever it originally said. He's still super duper lynched, like overkill.
Errors abound today! I guess I haven't had enough sleep. I have had to again modify the vote count. It now most accurately reflects the proper outcome. SMS was lynched with 7 votes, after Silverfish's second vote against him, not the first with some crazy number like 11 or whatever the heck I said before. I promise it's right this time.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I used midnight oil tonight, and so i'll be unable to kill someone tonight, though i can still weaken a target.

Silver seems very dangerous and I still think we should deal with them sooner rather than later, and so they will be my first choice of lynch going forward. Starting tomorrow night I'll go back to killing town, which also means I'll be NK-able. I'll ask that people don't night kill me.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I used midnight oil tonight, and so i'll be unable to kill someone tonight, though i can still weaken a target.

Silver seems very dangerous and I still think we should deal with them sooner rather than later, and so they will be my first choice of lynch going forward. Starting tomorrow night I'll go back to killing town, which also means I'll be NK-able. I'll ask that people don't night kill me.
Is there any reason you don't want to win with the goblins?

They're my only realistic hope of winning atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom