• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
oh my God, Skystones 200 day plan is scarier. How are we going to defeat this War of Attrition?

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Ugh. The Pink and green are still at it. Someone's gonna lose their mind by the end of this...

They have admitted no such thing.
I said I was a threat to town on D2,
I am considered a Threat to town but I dont consider myself one if that floats your boat.

Thanks for playing. GG.

Considering you're admitted self. I wonder if you aren't hedging your bets that Funsie and SMS are going to be the quickest end to this game. In any event I won't fault you for not working towards a win con you don't have.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I disagree. Nowhere in my motivation does it say that my win condition will change.

But I don't think I'll change your mind on this issue, and it's really not important whether I achieve it anyways. Looking forward to the next paper!

Are you someone we should be trying to kill? I don't think you've done anything bad, and there's more obvious targets right now

No just figured I'd die to my degeneration by now.

You're talking about a game that was designed based on a terrible comic book arc that was pushed to last longer than it reasonably should have to the point where everyone, the readers and writers alike, eventually hated it, all because Marvel's marketing department wanted to sell more spider-clone toys...

How do you know that this game wasn't designed to go on for 100 days? Y'all will crack long before I will in this never-ending nightmare of clone revivals.

Oh ye of little faith I would never crack.

Refer to the Bugle, lol.
I am considered a threat to town until the time comes that I meet my motivation.

Your own words are better since the bugle doesn't go into your mechanical threat status. In fact it directly says it has no information beyond just the basic wording of your win con. As I said before town doesn't have the luxury or need to wait around for you to maybe become town and lose your threat status. Nor does it have a need to let you do whatever you see fit. If you could win as town right now I highly doubt you'd have a problem with this methodology.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
SMS: I said I was a threat to town on D2.
...You may be surprised to learn that it's not D2.

Now, I don't know if you're intentionally being misleading or if you've web-slung yourself into one too many buildings, but we have very clearly established that

I am considered a Threat to town but I dont consider myself one if that floats your boat.

Considering you're admitted self. I wonder if you aren't hedging your bets that Funsie and SMS are going to be the quickest end to this game. In any event I won't fault you for not working towards a win con you don't have.
[/QUOTE]

Also, while we're in the business of taking people's quotes out of context and otherwise misinterpreting them:

So you and SMS are asserting he's met his motivation? Minish can confirm then. Also Funniers feelings don't play into Zingers mechanical design file. If he's mechanically a threat to town than town literally cannot win until they deal with him. I don't feel like I should have to explain to you how win cons work.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
...I clicked nothing! Actual real post below:

Numbers said:
SMS: I said I was a threat to town on D2.
...You may be surprised to learn that it's not D2.

Now, I don't know if you're intentionally being misleading or if you've web-slung yourself into one too many buildings, but we have very clearly established that SMS has a mechanical choice between a town and a non-town win condition. SMS himself has attested as much, as has Minish (repeatedly!), as has the otherwise perfectly reliable and extremely illuminating Bugle. Yet somehow, by some incomprehensible mystery of happenstance (and certainly not by nefarious intent), you utterly neglect to acknowledge the actual facts.

Numbers said:
Funnier: I am considered a Threat to town but I dont consider myself one if that floats your boat.
It's all well and good to speculate about the actual characteristics of Funnier's role, and some such discussion might yield meritorious results (say, perhaps, if you were being honest). But further strenuous and bolded research reveals that Funnier does not admit that he's a threat. Now, you're welcome to split the obvious hair and claim that "threat to town" status is mechanically meaningful (which it might be, somewhat later in the game), but we both know that the actual concern is whether funnier's role motivates behavior that undermines town. But by his own account, in contrast to your claim, he alleges that he has no win condition. Without motivation, and without a means to win, he is clearly less a mechanical threat than a mechanical merry-go-round.

Also, while we're in the business of taking people's quotes out of context and otherwise misinterpreting them (I didn't even change the order of the words):
Numbers said:
I won't work towards a win con.
There we have it from the horse's mouth: He won't help anyone win!

Skystone

I, Chocobo
So you and SMS are asserting he's met his motivation? Minish can confirm then. Also Funniers feelings don't play into Zingers mechanical design file. If he's mechanically a threat to town than town literally cannot win until they deal with him. I don't feel like I should have to explain to you how win cons work.
No, I'm asserting that SMS possessing a pro-town win condition by definition precludes him from constituting a (necessary) mechanical threat.

In other words: The guy who can win with town is less mechanically threatening than the guy who is mechanically required to kill town's best ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom