• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been contemplating all day whether or not I should be open about what I know. At first I saw no reason to, as Scarlet was just splashing around making waves where ever he could. However, EoD has become quite muddled. So I suppose I'll start from the beginning.

I have a hand picked role. Hand picked by Zinger and hand picked by myself. By that I mean before the game he asked if I'd rather be Ben Reilly or Kaine. But Zinger being the trickster that he is had no intention of handing me straight out the Scarlet mantle. As we saw with KoD's Kaine, he had the capability to become Scarlet Spider but didn't start out there. Likewise (albeit completely different), I didn't come into the game as Scarlet Spider either (even though I am Ben Reilly). At the start of the game I was the Sensational Spider-Man. Given Scarlet's propensity for Joesph Wade, I'd assume that is who he is, but that's neither here nor there when it comes to the matter at hand.

I wasn't brought out of Exile by a player specifically, to my knowledge, but as a by product of the Trial. I'm not sure if Funnier is aware of it, but I was offered at the start of the trial the chance to replace Peter at the end of the Trial. More specifically I will take on any punishment that befalls him, allowing him to continue on to freely act as Spider-Man. I accepted these terms and was returned to the active pool at the start of Day, severely depowered "in case I got any ideas". Upon my return I pushed the notion of the trial based on the claims for it given the knowledge that even if it goes sideways, town isn't out that much because I was exiled anyways and of no use. But if it goes right, town should be sitting a lot prettier. To that end I still say we should push through with the trial.

In terms of Today's lynch, I have no idea where to proceed on that front. I am inclined to believe in precedence in terms of the Goblin aligned. I'm also inclined to believe that not everybody in the mafia chat has to be dead to rights mafia. Hunting random spider's seems like a bad idea since any that are turned should be exiled and missing just reduces non-scum numbers. Given what's currently brewing, a no lynch pending the resolution of the trial doesn't seem extremely out of place.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I used rumor mill and it basically told me that as long as traveller is around we can't trust anything we see to be true because of his illusion powers.

I got hit by the green goblin's electroshock gauntlets, which reduces the value of my vote. I assume this was freddeh attempting to make it harder for himself to be lynched.

Rag is Doc Ock, apparently, and the rumour mill gave 95%.

this is true. To elaborate a little since doc ock is a villain traditionally, my role effectively allowed me to choose whether to play as scum or town at the beginning, on the basis that doc ock had a sort of redemption arc during the clone saga (i think he saved spiderman's life or something and then died because of it?)

PK was at least definitely not mafia aligned so SMS is probably just misinformed when he asserts that

We currently have no reason to believe a traditional cult role exists in the game. Traveler's host was considered a possible cult candidate when its existence was first revealed, but we still don't know what it is. The Cult of Scrier is a cult in name, but its also PK's entire role. The character he's playing is an entire cult. Initially he fakeclaimed an individual member of the cult, but when he flipped it was revealed this was not the case and that he was the whole thing. Flavourfully if he was a cult leader you'd expect him to be an individual and you'd expect the people he cults to become scrier or cult aligned and not goblin aligned. Its possible he's a cult leader, but there's no strong evidence to support the idea.

The goblin alignment itself could be a cult, but there's no real evidence to support the notion. PK describes the role of the goblin alignment as being "to gather information", which fits with his being a mafia plant. Freddeh, who presumably also shares the alignment has said basically nothing wrt the alignment so far.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I've been contemplating all day whether or not I should be open about what I know. At first I saw no reason to, as Scarlet was just splashing around making waves where ever he could. However, EoD has become quite muddled. So I suppose I'll start from the beginning.

I have a hand picked role. Hand picked by Zinger and hand picked by myself. By that I mean before the game he asked if I'd rather be Ben Reilly or Kaine. But Zinger being the trickster that he is had no intention of handing me straight out the Scarlet mantle. As we saw with KoD's Kaine, he had the capability to become Scarlet Spider but didn't start out there. Likewise (albeit completely different), I didn't come into the game as Scarlet Spider either (even though I am Ben Reilly). At the start of the game I was the Sensational Spider-Man. Given Scarlet's propensity for Joesph Wade, I'd assume that is who he is, but that's neither here nor there when it comes to the matter at hand.

I wasn't brought out of Exile by a player specifically, to my knowledge, but as a by product of the Trial. I'm not sure if Funnier is aware of it, but I was offered at the start of the trial the chance to replace Peter at the end of the Trial. More specifically I will take on any punishment that befalls him, allowing him to continue on to freely act as Spider-Man. I accepted these terms and was returned to the active pool at the start of Day, severely depowered "in case I got any ideas". Upon my return I pushed the notion of the trial based on the claims for it given the knowledge that even if it goes sideways, town isn't out that much because I was exiled anyways and of no use. But if it goes right, town should be sitting a lot prettier. To that end I still say we should push through with the trial.

In terms of Today's lynch, I have no idea where to proceed on that front. I am inclined to believe in precedence in terms of the Goblin aligned. I'm also inclined to believe that not everybody in the mafia chat has to be dead to rights mafia. Hunting random spider's seems like a bad idea since any that are turned should be exiled and missing just reduces non-scum numbers. Given what's currently brewing, a no lynch pending the resolution of the trial doesn't seem extremely out of place.

why didn't you leave exile sooner?

Ragnarokio

I was returned because I agreed to the conditions of taking Peter's place. The offer wasn't presented until the start of the trial.

and say i know you're lying about not having the opportunity to leave exile sooner?

and say i know you're lying about not having the opportunity to leave exile sooner?

Given there are multiple abilities floating around that can pull players out of exile I'd say the opportunity to return in a different method was and probably still is there for any exiled player.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
the thing they're talking about only activates silver's powers to the fullest if it's what I'm thinking it is

he inherited hapi's old powers but only partially and needs an item to fully use it
I'm assuming that's what the message is saying

Silver is willing to exile himself which is the most silver thing ever and that kinda shows already that he doesn't care about winning so I doubt he'd care about a silly blackmail like that

This has been debunked but I would like to state that my powers were granted by an item and so what was said here about gaining my powers but not the item if true would essentially make my powers useless unless the Spider-Man got the item too. I can also confirm that I've been told my powers were shifted elsewhere but the item was not.

Given there are multiple abilities floating around that can pull players out of exile I'd say the opportunity to return in a different method was and probably still is there for any exiled player.

I mean yeah I had the power to and really planned on pulling him out of exile but didn't because of well losing my powers.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I'd also like to state that based on how the events triggered for me achieving my motivation I think its

A. Entirely possible that there might be more than one "real" Spiderman and that

B. The Spider aligned clone characters are essentially whatever they claim they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom