• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U to be...Majora's mask sequel?

Do you guys think that Zelda Wii u will be sequel or prequel, or neither?

• Sequel

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Prequel

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
After watching some very convincing theory videos on youtube, I think Zelda U will either take place before or after Twilight Princess, but it won't be a direct prequel/sequel.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Hmm, a sequel to MM isn't a bad idea, I just might touch on that idea later on. :)

Also, you're aware that the Zelda U image with the moon is fan-made right?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I felt like it'd either be a prequel or sequel to Twilight Princess, I've been saying that since the very first day I saw that E3 trailer. I mean a sequel to MM set in Hyrule after the events of MM would be cool. (It'd also get people to stop thinking Link died in the lost woods and became a stalfos.)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
If it was a prequel it would be Ocarina of Time. If it was a sequel why would it be in Hyrule. Basically stop making everything about Majoras Mask.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I think it will be a prequel to either Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. I just don't think we'll get a sequel to Majora's Mask, sadly, but I am hopeful for one in the future. ^-^

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I think we'll see something in either the CT or the DT. I have a feeling it'll take place near the end of either timeline but I don't have any evidence. For all we know this is the story of Hyrule before Demise.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Seriously.. a remake comes out just before a new title and every automatically assumes ERHMAHGAWD IT'S A SEQUEL, PREQUEL or whatever. It's so unlikely i'd wager pigs can fly

I used to care about the timeline... then the Hyrule Historia came out and annoyed me. So now I pay the timeline no mind, still it can be useful to theorise where Zelda U could be placed so that we can better predict what to expect within the game...

I don't think we've seen enough of Zelda U yet to pin it down on the timeline but of the little we've seen of it i can't say that it'd be a sequel to MM... a sequel to MM wouldn't have to be dark or really anything like on MM but i just don't see it. I guess it could be related with TP if it wanted to be... same with SS, WW and OOT which seem to be the more likely at this point outside of a complete reboot or remake of the original LoZ.

As far as MM goes i don't think Zelda U will directly link to it or have any heavy references to it. I'm more inclined to say that Zelda U will fall somewhere around SS be it a prequel or sequel.

At this point i don't care if Zelda U is a prequel or not, it doesn't really mean anything if it is... we just may have to go without the Master Sword and Hylian Shield if it is but we went through half of SS without the Master Sword and through all of SS without the Hylian Shield so... We also never got the Hylian shield in WW... and Zelda U looks to be making a big point about being different, especially aesthetically so, a prequel affords Zelda U to have precious few resemblances to other Zelda games if its far back enough before recognisable items, people and locations came into play.

But yeah... seriously doubt it being an MM sequel, though that'd be interesting.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'd like a sequel at the end of one of the timelines, especially the downfall line. We're had enough prequels for the time being.

The downfall timeline has the most games on it, its probably the most established part of the timeline currently. I'd rather them back off from it for awhile, but if they did make a game at the end of it I'd like that game to be sort of like the game which pretty much wraps it up so that other areas of the timeline can get worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom