• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Leaked Image.

I'm sure its just another fake. The fire goes off the screen, but honestly if someone was faking the image they would have been smart enought to delete this part or cut it out when they were on photoshop or whatever. someone said THIS IS FAKE LINK USES A LANTER NOT A TORCH. Link can use both, and nintendo said this one would break the mold and be different or whatever. so who knows. I love the way the artwork looks. It looks like a more realistic style, but still different from TP and the tech demo. who knows. your thoughts?

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net...770_869326106427985_2102422473131672664_n.jpg

Note: Link is right handed in this - notice the wiimote and nunchuck at the bottom of the screen. = MOTION CONTROLS? possibly able to switch between motion controls and gamepad controls similar to emulating skyward sword on dolphin with a 360 controller?

Attachments

• 10338770_869326106427985_2102422473131672664_n.jpg
    10338770_869326106427985_2102422473131672664_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 68

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm not seen this until now, but it seems slightly more realistic in terms of a leak than a simple word document or a badly done photoshop. It would take a lot of effort from someone to put this together merely for the sake of getting attention. It's not like a leak of a game that is currently not within near sight as we know the announcement is literally around the corner now, so I don't think anyone would go to such lengths but you never know.

A few things make me doubt this is real. Thirteen heart containers at the top? That's quite odd, literally lol. The graphics don't seem like next gen quality either -- it could be the camera not giving us a clear picture, but it only seems like they've altered the lighting to give it that HD feel; Link's design looks oddly similar to TP Link. Also look at the grass textures... they seem rather bland and I doubt Nintendo would just leave that in the game especially when they are going for a lot of detail with their Wii U releases.

a lot of detail with wii u releases? smash bros wii has better textures than the wii u version. Mario's pants has the stitches in the wii version and are just blue and smooth in the wii u version. "my opinion though" I could see this being a legit leak though. Maybe a beta image. Remember the last thing they do is "polish" the game. so after its 90% complete they go over it to add detail to the visuals and make those textures look as good as possible. Seeing as the game isn't to be released until this holiday season at the earliest, they have plenty of time to smoothen out the graphics, textures, add grass, and all the small details.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Jesse is right, if it is at all legit then it would have to be an image of the beta. Is it not strange thought that in the last few days three supposed images relating to the yet unannounced Zelda Wii U have appeared? This image dose not seem related to the other two because it dose not have the name "Shard of Nightmare" attached to it, dose that make it more or less likely to be real?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
a lot of detail with wii u releases? smash bros wii has better textures than the wii u version. Mario's pants has the stitches in the wii version and are just blue and smooth in the wii u version. "my opinion though" I could see this being a legit leak though. Maybe a beta image. Remember the last thing they do is "polish" the game. so after its 90% complete they go over it to add detail to the visuals and make those textures look as good as possible. Seeing as the game isn't to be released until this holiday season at the earliest, they have plenty of time to smoothen out the graphics, textures, add grass, and all the small details.
Not sure about Super Smash Bros. U not having good detail, I encourage you to take a look at some comparison pics with its older counterpart, but I do think Nintendo are going for a lot of detail with their new hardware. Just look at Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 etc. Hell we could even reference the three year old tech demo of Zelda; I expect detail within that range or at least somewhere close. So I'd be disappointed if this was the final product.

Anyway, I see the argument for a possible beta shot; however the announcement is literally on our doorstep now. Nintendo our bound to have some decent footage of the game and not in a beta stage - look at E3 2010 for example, that game was a year and a half from its final release yet it wasn't in any kind of beta form and the final product didn't change all that much a year later. Also I really doubt this is an old screen otherwise it would have been across the Internet a lot earlier.

Actually another thing makes me doubt this pic's legitimacy, look at Link's position... he's off centre which is quite odd considering this isn't a cut scene, this is actual gameplay. Meh, just another doubt.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It looks neat, don't get me wrong, but it seems a bit fanmade more than anything. There are a lot of talented people in the Zelda fandom, so for someone to create something like this it wouldn't be unheard of. Considering this is apparently a Facebook image, where on FB did you find it?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It looks neat, don't get me wrong, but it seems a bit fanmade more than anything. There are a lot of talented people in the Zelda fandom, so for someone to create something like this it wouldn't be unheard of. Considering this is apparently a Facebook image, where on FB did you find it?

Yeah I'm curious of the source too. This could come from anywhere really. I tried to track it down yesterday and I found a random thread on a random game site and it didn't seem legit in any way. However it was taken down by the Admin I believe.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
This looks to be more legit than the other image(s). This could be leaked from an old beta, alpha, or even pre-alpha, in which would make more sense since it looks to be re-using models from other games like SSBB Link and the mushrooms from SS as where current version probably looks much more different similar to how they made SS. If this really is Zelda Wii U, then there is a likely chance that the title "Shard of Nightmare" could be real as well or was if Nintendo has already by this point rethought the name since they probably thought the name sounded a bit "fan-made" and felt it would disappoint fans.

Also, it doesn't look like the game will be using motion controls (at least not with the wii-mote and nun-chuck anyways) cause:

1) Link is clearly left handed in the image not right handed

2) The wii-mote and nun-chuck don't appear be used to control Link as they're sitting there untouched

3) The wii-mote and nun-chuck probably don't have anything to do with the game whatsoever, as they just happen to seem to be laying near the screen for no specific reason. People do that sometimes where they forget to move certain things out of the way or just don't feel like doing so at moment.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm a little skeptical. I mean, I feel like nintendo would want to go all out with one of their biggest franchises on their first HD console, and the graphics--while not bad by any means-- don't really seem THAT impressive. Link's design too seems pretty identical to that of TP's, and Nintendo usually likes to make small changes in his design for each game. It looks fanmade to me--but don't misunderstand, for something fanmade, this would be VERY impressive. It seems like nintendo really wants to blow us away when they finally reveal ZeldaU, considering how air-tight they've kept things, so unless this is a beta image which somehow only made it on the internet now, I don't see this being legit. Plus, as Justac00lguy mentioned, it's really strange that Link would be off-center during regular gameplay.

First glimpse of it, and I instinctively associated it with Ryu-gi's work, honestly. So I wasn't at all surprised that Vita traced the source of the original back to him. He's sort of a renowned "fake screenshot" artist in the Zelda fanbase, and his Garry's Mod work has a certain flair to it that just kind of... screams "this is a Ryu-gi piece," I guess. And this isn't the first time that someone has nabbed his work and advertised it as leaked screens for an unannounced title. If I recall, he's got some interesting animation tests on his Youtube channel, that people have also recaptured in low-quality to serve as some "leak." And I suppose, Ryu-gi could take it as a sort of compliment, that people think his work is so splendid that they wish to use it to fool a bunch of people, but either way, it's still uncool to steal his work, yet alone use it to get people to think they're legit screens for a nonexistent title.

Fake leak checklist:

Taken with a cell phone camera
Recording a 15 second video would have been too much trouble
Ridiculously awkward angle
The only picture taken

No dice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom