• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda - What Did You Like About Her, and What Did You Not Like About Her

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I figured I could make this topic since I didn't see any like it beforehand. If there is one, well, mods know what to do with this one.

What did you like about Zelda? How about her dual personality as Hylia? What about the dislikes?

I personally liked Zelda in the very beginning of the game. Her "lol childhood friend" personality was loveable. I really did like her. It seemed perfect for Link and Zelda to get together, and I loved how she would protect Link (though I'd much prefer it to be the other way around but whatever, this is teen high school drama with an emo kid of sorts). However, the thing that messed Zelda up was:

her fall from Skyloft. Once that happened and her Hylia personality took over, the entire Zelda character and later on every Zelda in existence has been ruined for me. I hated hated hated the whole "I have to stay behind to keep the seal tight" or whatever the hell she did in the Crystal scene. I hated how, instead of going back up to the sky to be safe, she decided to stick around on the Surface like an idiot. And worst of all, I hated Hylia for ruining a character that started off good. I mean, Hylia herself has so little relevance to the story, she's so unimportant and her backstory so ill prepared that Zelda could be well off without her. But noooo.

^^ That was all plot stuff.

Design wise, I hated Zelda. She was not pretty to me. Hated her hair (not a fan of that style), her eyes were too...idk, sharp? And whatever.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I agree with you about how she was in the beginning. SS' Zelda was a headstrong, outspoken character who clearly cares for her friends. The sealing away part didn't really bother me, but it seemed like her character changed drastically by the end of the game. She was more serious and seemed like she didn't care quite as much about Link, which really disappointed me. As for her appearance, I thought she was pretty cute, but she looked better in the clothes she wore at the very beginning of the game, in my opinion.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
In my opinion, this was the most elegant and beautful of all incarnations. The blonde hair is what I prefer, and The lightness and design of her hair made her seem all the more heavenly. As the incarnation of Hylia, it makes sense she would have hair of some similarity. She was serious about her task, but all along you could tell she honestly still cared for Link, and it is truly shown towards the end.
10/10

Design wise, I hated Zelda. She was not pretty to me. Hated her hair (not a fan of that style), her eyes were too...idk, sharp? And whatever.

I totally agree with this, I really hated her looks in the game as well. She had some pretty moments but usually everything just seemed too . . . I don't know . . . sort of "animated" for me. I don't know how to describe it any better, I didn't see any real life to her hair or her face.

I liked the idea of Link and her being childhood friends. It made the whole journey seem much more worth-while and meaningful. Also, I think her role as the Hylia-incarnation of some sorts really did a lot to her personality as well. We see her strength as, well, the Goddess, and also as a normal girl the way she would stand up to Groose and his gang. She was independent, tough, and really did a lot to the classic "princess in distress" stereotype we see at times. I felt she was a more realistic and important character.

That's really all I have to say, she was an excellent character and her personality really shone, however I was really, really annoyed by her design . . .

I answered this very question in an old thread with a similar title. And to be honest, I am far too lazy to repeat myself. Heh heh...

Design-wise, however, I found her look to be pretty neat overall. It was cool to see her in a more mundane, down-to-earth look, as opposed to the royal attire that I'm used to. I am also a fan of the priestess garb she sported later in the game. It reminded me a lot of one my favorite characters from the anime Inuyasha for some reason.

On to her general physical appearance... She was very pretty, and after seeing her in the early stages of development, I think the design Nintendo ended up using is perfect - must less "pointy" and "sharp." She also appeared younger, which gave her a weak, fragile look that served to give a sense of urgency to save her - not the greatest, but close enough as far as what I was hoping for. Overall, I place SS Zelda in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in the series in regards to appearance.
hyrule_historia_ss-5.jpg

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I liked pretty much everything about her. She was a typical teenage girl in the beginning with an obvious crush on Link, but over the course of the game, she became more mature and accepted the role she had to play in defeating Demise. I've never cried in any video game except Skyward Sword, and I'm pretty sure you can guess which moment that was. SS was the first video game where I actually wanted to save Zelda. It was all about having to save her in the past, and while SS had that same formula, I legit cared whether she lived or died. She wasn't just some damsel in distress with hardly any character. She was a fully fleshed-out human being with emotions and weaknesses, and it fit the role she played in the story perfectly.

She was also friggin' gorgeous. <3

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Personally, I didn't dislike Zelda. She was very "stereotypical girlfriend" - ish. I did, however, dislike her more than her predecessors. My problem is, I liked the previous Zeldas who had "gentle princess/queen" Personalities. I liked that Nintendo was trying to make a magical princess who tried her best to protect her kingdom. When they turned one of my favorite princesses into an average girl, I just couldn't like her as much. I've seen normal girls my whole life and while I rather enjoy their presence in the real world, ;) , turning Zelda into a normal girl took away from her "specialness" that princesses like that tend to have. This is similar to her design. Design-wise she was cute, you could even say pretty. But again, the Zelda I liked was considered beautiful and SS Zelda simply did not fit that description. Even as a little girl, Nintendo tried to create an atmosphere that Zelda is a beautiful Person in both design and Personality. I'm not mad at Nintendo for trying something different and making Zelda normal, I just simply didn't like it and want my other Zelda design back.

well, she did things, for a change. that was nice. Of course, like Vanitas said, Hylia was completely unimportant :sarcasm: . But seriously, she did get lamer near the end. A lot lamer. And she was ugly in the face.

Yeah, I didn't like her hair at the end, like when she turned around in some scene the layers of her hair at the bottom looked really bad. And when my sisters were watching me play during that one scene they made barfing sounds and one of them said "PLEASE!! Just chop her hair off!!", so, yeah, our whole family is not a big fan of SS Zelda ( she was ok with me)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Design wise I loved Zelda. She was cute, I loved the hair and the outfit.

I loved her personality as well as her looks, she was very likeable in the beginning and I actually wanted to save her, unlike Illia who could just rot in the bulblins dungeons for all I cared. Even though she turned out to be the manipulative Hylia I still liked her and she was still the same Zelda in the end.

Design wise I loved Zelda. She was cute, I loved the hair and the outfit.

I loved her personality as well as her looks, she was very likeable in the beginning and I actually wanted to save her, unlike Illia who could just rot in the bulblins dungeons for all I cared. Even though she turned out to be the manipulative Hylia I still liked her and she was still the same Zelda in the end.

That's the best thing about her. not being Illia. best thing about everyone, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom