• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda U- The Xenoblade X effect on WiiU

I've been thinking...

Aonuma said that Zelda U was being delayed so that they could add extra content to the game since his team are at last beginning to realise the potential of true exploration and freedom within Zelda U's world...

That's fine, but this delay means it'll probably be released on the NX alongside the Wii U to bolster sales of the NX at launch. The NX will probably be a more powerful console too...

This got me to wondering, Xenoblade X on Wii U runs fine and the overworld is huge BUT there's a ten gig patch to make it run smoothly. After buying the game you then have to sacrifice ten gig(!) of your 32 gig console for a better gaming experience that cuts down load times etc... This ten gig patch is purely optional and isn't necessary in order to play the game, but I wonder if on the Wii U that Zelda U will do something similar... As opposed to the NX where it might not be an issue if its a more powerful console...

What do you think, do you think its entirely possible for Nintendo to give Zelda U a Xenoblade X-like patch on the Wii U, as well as releasing it on the NX where such a thing isn't needed?

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Well I haven't a clue about anything with the Xenoblade games because I haven't played them. But this is a very interesting thought.

For now I'd have to agree with you. If the game is as large as they say it is then the U may have some issues processing everything. However, it also depends on the details. The Zelda game has a slight cartoonish effect which looks nice but removes some details making it a little easier to process. So, Yes and No but depending on how large the game actually is.. We'll see.

D

Deleted member 81859

It really does depend on how large the game is, and how well the in-game storage is compacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom