• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda U: Revisiting New Hyrule

I was thinking maybe Zelda Wii U could Take place in the era between PH and ST maybe as Link and Tetra discover the new land maybe they seal away malladus and envoke the spirit tracks

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I...don't want to see a game on the Adult Timeline for a long time. A very long time. In fact, I don't want to see TWW's art style return for another three-four console titles. Harsh, I know, but still. Despite the latest Adult game being released nearly four years ago (which is a considerable amount of time), the art style and the scenery still feels too new to me. ;p

However, if that were the case that ZeldaU returns to New Hyrule, I don't think ST's backstory would be ample enough to make a whole game. It would be rather short, no?

I don't think ST's backstory would be ample enough to make a whole game. It would be rather short, no?

ok but look at it this way imagine Wind Waker was released before Ocarina of Time using the backstory from WW would make a short game too, no? they could add more to the story

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
While the idea of finding new Hyrule would be cool, I'm actually hoping Zelda WiiU will be apart of the child timeline. We've been building a lot in the adult timeline in recent years, with WW and the 3D Ds titles. The downfall timeline already has a significantly larger amount of games that make it up, especially with ALBW on the way. And then there's the child timeline, with three measly games. I'd love to see TP's Hyrule either before TP or after it.

I'd drastically prefer a sequel to Skyward Sword, set entirely on the surface during the era in which the original kingdom is founded. That's just an era of Hyrule's history that's richer and has more to explore.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Ehhh, while this would work because it's a new setting that can be expanded on really well, I know that I'd miss Hyrule... But I agree more with Lex, founding Hyrule would be pretty cool, and they set that up really well at the end of SS.

I'm just gonna leave this right here... :bleh:

I think that New Hyrule would be an awesome setting for Zelda Wii U for reasons I detailed better there. But my core reasons surround Nintendo's stated goals with Zelda Wii U, which is to break out of conventions. New Hyrule would be conducive to totally new environments, new lore that doesn't connect to the familiar plot-points of Hyrule, and just a lot of opportunity for new things. It's also true that a lot of the stuff already there would be awesome to see in HD (the underwater area, anyone?) but really my core point is about new things in New Hyrule. It frankly has the least baggage of any Zelda setting, and they can easily pull out newly pioneered areas in a later game or areas set on the same continent but outside New Hyrule's territory itself. It's a fresh start, as would befit a convention breaker.

I don't think there's really much merit to exploring the founding of New Hyrule. All the important details were stated in Spirit Tracks. Malladus was already explored as a villain and his initial appearance appears to have predated the formation of New Hyrule anyway.

I...don't want to see a game on the Adult Timeline for a long time. A very long time. In fact, I don't want to see TWW's art style return for another three-four console titles. Harsh, I know, but still. Despite the latest Adult game being released nearly four years ago (which is a considerable amount of time), the art style and the scenery still feels too new to me. ;p
Another game set in New Hyrule would have no need to stick with the toon style. The original Hyrule has been depicted in every art-style under the sun (even the toon style in sprite-form in The Minish Cap), so there's no reason that New Hyrule can't follow suit in future games.

Salem

SICK
I just though of something, of they use New Hyrule, wouldn't need to use the trains?? Since that's a very important part of ST, it's part of the lore of New Hyrule. That would mean going back to the much criticised transportation overworld.

Also I think New Hyrule has too many things set in stone as much as old Hyrule if not more. There are other races etc.

Would it really make a huge difference ether way? What if Nintendo made up a whole new "set" of lore thingies for the Wii U Zelda games but not reveal it's set in New Hyrule until the end of the game, would that make a huge difference? With games like TMC an TP, Nintendo introduces new things to Hyrule all the time.

Inb4 TMC is developed by Capcom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom