• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Theory Video: Lost Woods

ZeldaConqueror

Zelda Theorist 24/7
Newest theory everyone! In this episode we discuss the origin's of the Lost Woods and it's special uses. In the next theory, join vortexxygaming and I as we uncover who the Goddess of Time really is. I also have a theory coming up with M Productions and Majora's being female and her true purpose.

ZeldaConqueror

Zelda Theorist 24/7
Get rid of the guy doing the British commentary.
He's not even British, he's Dutch. Is there any other reason you have? When I say the video, I mean the theory itself/the lore and not anything about the person doing the background voices. That's just really stereotypical, racist, and rude and shouldn't even correspond with the actual theory itself.

Last edited:
Just a personal opinion, but does the "Lost Woods" really have to refer to just one location? From what we've seen, the Lost Woods appears in quite a few games, and they're quite different in location. Personally, I think the idea of the portal to Termina is that the portal already existed for quite a while and the Lost Woods was just a plain, normal forest. Heck, in Link's Awakening (albeit a dream) Tarin as a raccoon even said HE was the reason Link would end up lost in the forest. Also, in FSA, a Deku Scrub even flat out says that Ganon's power will eventually turn the entirety of Hyrule into the Lost Woods. Sure, the name varies by location, but that may just be a cultural name for a spell or curse used to turn a regular forest into the "Lost Woods." The Faeries' Woods, Mystery Woods, and Woods of Mystery are all decent examples of this. In FSA, in fact, Ganon most likely did this to try to hide the location of the Master Sword.

Tl;dr the portal to Termina was there by dumb luck, and The Lost Woods isn't just any one location, it's a spell that varies in name by location and era.

Also, sorry for not saying this at the beginning of this comment,
But nice video! Keep up the great work! :)

ZeldaConqueror

Zelda Theorist 24/7
Just a personal opinion, but does the "Lost Woods" really have to refer to just one location? From what we've seen, the Lost Woods appears in quite a few games, and they're quite different in location. Personally, I think the idea of the portal to Termina is that the portal already existed for quite a while and the Lost Woods was just a plain, normal forest. Heck, in Link's Awakening (albeit a dream) Tarin as a raccoon even said HE was the reason Link would end up lost in the forest. Also, in FSA, a Deku Scrub even flat out says that Ganon's power will eventually turn the entirety of Hyrule into the Lost Woods. Sure, the name varies by location, but that may just be a cultural name for a spell or curse used to turn a regular forest into the "Lost Woods." The Faeries' Woods, Mystery Woods, and Woods of Mystery are all decent examples of this.

Tl;dr the portal to Termina was there by dumb luck, and The Lost Woods isn't just any one location, it's a spell that varies in name by location and era.
I agree, I probably should have elaborated on that to make the theory a bit longer. Also what do you mean when you say "the portal to Termina was there by dumb luck?"

Sorry, I shouldn't say "dumb luck;" I just believe it's a pocket dimension that was in the forest by sheer coincidence; the Lost Woods has nothing to do with it.
I agree, I probably should have elaborated on that to make the theory a bit longer. Also what do you mean when you say "the portal to Termina was there by dumb luck?"

ZeldaConqueror

Zelda Theorist 24/7
Sorry, I shouldn't say "dumb luck;" I just believe it's a pocket dimension that was in the forest by sheer coincidence; the Lost Woods has nothing to do with it.
Hmm, well I'd have to disagree, mainly because The Lost Woods has similar portals but they transport you across Hyrule instead of another dimension. Also the majora's mask guide stated that the Lost Woods Link goes into in the prologue of MM is an unexplored area so who knows how vast the woods really are.

Hmm, well I'd have to disagree, mainly because The Lost Woods has similar portals but they transport you across Hyrule instead of another dimension. Also the majora's mask guide stated that the Lost Woods Link goes into in the prologue of MM is an unexplored area so who knows how vast the woods really are.
I can understand that, but it's not uncommon for portals to just pop up in random locations in Zelda. While it's on a much larger scale as compared to the single portal to Termina we've seen ingame, just take for example the portals to Subrosia in Holodrum or the cracks to Lorule. While they each were made to better suit accessibility to certain locations in the game(s), they never popped up in any one location specific to the games.

I'd personally like to see a trade route or federation involving the two, like the possibility of the gorons setting up a trade system between Hyrule and Termina for trading Gold Dust for Rock Sirloin.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I've always loved how Hyrule has been a nature vs man type of world, as darkness grows so does the strength of nature as evidenced by what that mad scrub says in FSA which kinda means that when good triumphs the world becomes more civilized ^^. But i do love that over the course of the games we get to see what was once a benevolent place slowly turn into a dark infested place that leads to many different realms and locations. Even more how the Lost worlds slowly seem to be devouring the Land of Hyrule a bit at a time, we see that it even encroaches on the Master Swords resting place several times. Indicating that Nature itself wins out against that blade.

Incidentally what do people think of those mischievous poes guarding the sword in ALBW? I like to think they are the ancient sages still guarding the sword as the Lost woods transporting to the start mechanic only activates in their presence.

This could also indicate that either some creatures can control the lost woods I.E those Poes of the Skull children (TP specifically) or the Lost woods as ancient as it is has gained some sentience and actively foils explorers by sending them back to the beginning keeping it's secrets safe. We do know that some trees are sentient hell we see even shrubs with brains ^^ but i do think the Lost Woods does have an active sentience that detests people. This coupled with how intruders tend to turn into stalfos says to me that forest is ancient, secretive and either full of magic or the souls of the dead who've never gotten free and in death still wonder the place of death as skeletal creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom