• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda Skyward Sword Heart Pieces

B

brandonjones739

Does anyone else hate having to carry to heart medals to have the full 2 bars of health.

It does get annoying but what else would you carry....There also could of been more opportunity for four more heart pieces, maybe nintendo got lazy.....

N

nin10undo

if you get all eight slots its not that bad 2 medals 1 shield 5 bottles it wasn't bad however i didn't like that item upgrades were like that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For me, it has an upside and a downside. The upside is it creates more diversity by having to earn those two hearts in a different way. The downside is they take up two slots in the adventure pouch, which interferes with me wanting a shield, quiver, bomb bag, and all 5 bottles to carry around. They're also a non-factor in the Boss Challenge mode, which makes a world of a difference in Hero Mode. I really wish they had allowed for 20 hearts without the two medals but still put the medals in. (Of course, just not letting the medals make an effect after getting 19 or 20 hearts.)

I would have enjoyed another 8 Heart Pieces to collect, but I was satisfied with all the other quests the game had to offer.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
The Life Medals didn't actually bothered me. I only keep in my adventure pouch, one shield, bottles, the life medals, and if I have any un-used space, I'll put there other medals, example; the treasure medal.

Since you have such quick feet, it might be a good idea to run and bash into many things.
- A Link to the Past (SNES)

Throughout the entire game, I only needed on bottle, so the medals didn't bother me. Of course, Hero Mode might be a different story, but I'll deal with that when I decide to go through it. I always just kept one shield, one bottle, and one of each: seed satchel, bomb bag, quiver. That left me two or three open spaces (roughly), which were filled with the treasure medal from the moment I found it until I didn't need it anymore, the heart medal once I found it, and the bug medal until I got the ruppee medal until I didn't need it. Admittedly, I could have gotten by without the seed satchel, leaving space for something else, but it wasn't really necessary, and I liked making sure I wouldn't run out, should I decide to start using the slingshot.

I hated the shield being in the adventure pouch even when your wearing it. If your wearing it, how could it be in the pouch?

I hated the shield being in the adventure pouch even when your wearing it. If your wearing it, how could it be in the pouch?
Programming purposes. Say you're wearing your shield and you fill the space where it was, then unequip the shield. Where will it go? At that point, Link's only option to unequip would be to drop it on the ground and leave. Good thing Nintendo didn't set that up. I would hate to accidentally toss my Hylian Shield.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Programming purposes. Say you're wearing your shield and you fill the space where it was, then unequip the shield. Where will it go? At that point, Link's only option to unequip would be to drop it on the ground and leave. Good thing Nintendo didn't set that up. I would hate to accidentally toss my Hylian Shield.
The HS being the best shield in the game, it would be impossible to toss it. Considering this is a game, once you acquire the best gear, there generally is a "friend lock" of sorts where you have requirements to be able to wield/obtain it, and then once you obtain it the options are set to "No sell", "No trade", "X character only". There's no way Link would toss something as beautiful as the Hylian Shield anyway! xD

Anyway, to the topic, I do hate having to carry two heart medals to obtain the full bar, but Skyward Sword was mostly a testing ground for Nintendo. They used SS to test out motion controls. They used SS to test out 1:1 swordplay. They used SS even as a field guide for what will and what won't work out in Zelda Wii U/3DS. The heart medals needed to be in the game, or else we may have never gotten them in the first place.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Anyway, to the topic, I do hate having to carry two heart medals to obtain the full bar, but Skyward Sword was mostly a testing ground for Nintendo. They used SS to test out motion controls. They used SS to test out 1:1 swordplay. They used SS even as a field guide for what will and what won't work out in Zelda Wii U/3DS. The heart medals needed to be in the game, or else we may have never gotten them in the first place.

Thank God you realize this. I thought you were just obsessed with how much they "messed up" on and didn't think about this fact. :D

D

darksoulrosario

I would have enjoyed another 8 Heart Pieces to collect

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom