• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Series Easy?

Vibed

must read before he posts
I found AoL to be a good difficulty for me. I die, but after several tries I beat the area.

Many find MM to be hard, but at 8 I beat it with relative ease.

Now, I realize this is much too hard for many, but would it be possible for Nintendo to make a Zelda that -at it's max- gets to Monster Hunter difficulty?

Anyone agree? Disagree?

BTW I feel as if I am among millions who posts rants, but this isn't meant to be a rant, as every Zelda is among the best on it's system. :D

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Yeah, the difficulty slope in the series has gotten low lately. Twilight Princess was extremely easy and I beat most bosses on the first go.
No, I don't really want Devil May Cry 3 Hell mode, but some challenge would be nice.
Challenge makes the final victory all the more sweeter.

Beeker

Wild Card
Well, I was one who grew up with some of the more modern console titles like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. They were a little challenging for me when I first played them, but for the most part,I've memorized them.

But now I am going back and playing some of the more older games(in fact, I'm playing LoZ right now) and they have made me realize that difficulty-wise, they are more harder compared to the games we have now. I am constantly killed and the puzzled have made me think in a few spots. While the newer games have the capability of doing that for me, going against monsters isn't as challenging,imo.

I'd want to see this kind of challenge that was presented again. I'd love to have some new challenge, not enough to put the game down and walk away from, but enough to keep me satisfied.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I actually don't think it's THAT easy of a series for Nintendo's standards. Recently, I picked up TWW for the first time in many years and I admit, unlike most people, I had troubles with the game and resorted to a guide many times. The combat was a piece of cake but I often was lost without any sense of direction. The game rarely told me where to go next so I had to figure it out on my own. Sometimes this would take hours before I would give up. In that sense, I thought it was pretty difficult.

I find most of the Zelda games to be easy when I replay them because I have a good memory. However, when I first try them (Even WW which is known as one of the easiest in the series) I'm often lost and can't figure out quite a few of the puzzles. It could just be me though. I'm not very good at solving puzzles and often feel like an idiot after I check the guide and find out the answer is simple. I find MM to be easy, but that's probably just because I've memorized the entire game.

The earlier games were undoubtedly the hardest. I died every few minutes in AoL and STILL haven't beaten the first temple. Those games were almost TOO hard. I was so frustrated that I gave up. I think games like MM or TWW have the perfect difficulty. They weren't so easy that I was bored but they weren't so hard that I wanted to give up.

Anyways, to sum up, I think the NES games were too hard, and both combat and puzzles/exploration were way too frustrating to handle. I think the N64, GC, Wii, and DS games had the perfect difficulty. The puzzles and exploration are relatively difficult while combat is a bit on the easy side.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Well, yeah for Nintendo's current Standards. SMG2 was a nice difficulty for everybody, but I'd like more games besides that revert back to Super Nintendo difficulty.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Personally, I don't think the modern games are that easy and I would like Skyward Sword and all of the other Zelda games fallowing it to be a little bit more difficult, but not AoL difficult. A great thing that needs to return is the second quest. I'm talking about something like in the first game, not the way TWW did it. (But I still enjoyed playing with Link in his pajamas)

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well, I mean it's not the most hard seris of game but it is definetly far from easy.
On the first go of the game you have to admit some thing are very tricky.
The older games are extremely difficult though. They are really fun to get frusturated at.

Kybyrian

I kind of agree with you. The Zelda games do seem pretty easy, except for a few, of course. A few that I can name are the original Legend of Zelda, which had a fair amount of difficulty, Zelda II, which was almost ridiculous to most people, and Oracle of Ages, which had mind-blowing puzzles that I really enjoyed. Even for a fairly decent gamer, however, these games could be nearly a breeze. Adventure of Link was really the only one that could give a good challenge to a gamer that knew how to play well.

I do think that the Zelda games are getting easier as they go along, though. This disappoints me, but we have to remember that Zelda is created for a wide audience. There are beginner gamers who play the Zelda games, and they want them to be able to enjoy it as much as possible. It'd be nice to have some sort of difficulty feature in Zelda, but it would really only affect so much. They wouldn't go through and create three separate games with different puzzles and boss strategies and all that, it would be too much of a hassle. There isn't really much they can do to make a Zelda game too hard, because if they did, it wouldn't appeal to the whole audience. You can't really blame the Zelda games for being as easy as they are.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yup, the Zelda series surely slipped down in difficulty, and now it's time to bring a hard core game. The last hard Zelda game we had was probably OoA.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I think the "problem" could easily be solved with something very simple that a lot of games nowadays have: when you start the game, a menu pops up that says "Game Level: Easy, Medium, Hard?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom