• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda Series Bosses: Finally Getting Tougher?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Short and sweet thread again whooo =P.

Anyway, Bosses. Everyone loves a good boss right? Well, if I had to choose something critical to say about the Zelda series, it would be the bosses. I'll show you why.

First, their attack speed. In the early games(Wind Waker and earlier) the bosses attacked a little too slowly to give them any sense of being dangerous. This gives us way too much time to run around hacking away at the boss and killing it in 30 seconds.

Second, the variety of attacks. Most bosses have 2 attacks, three if you're almost done with the game(lol). Most, if not all, of their attacks are extremely easy to dodge due to either: the lack of space it covers or, they make it too obvious that the boss is preparing to attack. I would love to see more of a variety than a couple of boring attacks. Morpha is the best example for a boss that seriously lacks attack variety, and it shouldn't because that's the 6th Dungeon in the game.

Also, take the Sand Serpent from Wind Waker in the Wind Temple. You only got attacked if you got too close with your hookshot or if he nose-dived into you. Other than that, he just sits there with his mouth gaping wide open. This doesn't meet the difficulty standards for a boss that's 70% through the game.

Third, their damage. I think that the Zelda bosses need to deal a little more damage, we should be encouraged to find those pieces of Heart instead of going dungeon to dungeon just getting the heart containers.

Fourth, Boss cloning. Consider this: Twinmold, Sand Serpent, Morpheel. Same basic attack patterns, same basic attacks(And even the same body structure....). Though they're from different games, veterans will find that fighting these three would mean that it's break time and go get a drink of water.

Despite all this, I have noticed that in Twilight Princess the bosses were a little more what I thought they would be. Though still a little easy, I think they're better. Hopefully future Zelda games will make their bosses what they should be, instead of making these 2-minute fights in the Boss Rooms.

They said that Skyward Sword will have the most strategy to it in the series so far, I'm going to have to take their word for it for now. I have very high expectations for SS.

What about you guys? How do you feel about the Zelda series' bosses?

P.S. I guess this didn't really turn out to be short lol =P

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Yeah if things are so complex as to specific sword movements to defeat something, I have high hopes for SS difficulty.

And being that there will be two difficulty settings(one for veterans and one for new comers) I'll be expecting a challenge.

Y

Yamtendo

The bosses in Twilight Princess were definitely a step up on the difficulty level. Spirit Tracks had some tricky boss battles in it too. But I have to say, I couldn't figure out the last boss segment in WW (Ganon's first form). I had to look that one up. :P

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
You make an excellent point, Peace of Heart. I've always been wanting a good boss to come around at some point, and I've also had the same thought about similar bosses, however I was thinking of Morpheel, Morphea, and Molgera (sand serpent). I like your idea and I do hope that the bosses in SS have a good amount of variety. One of the things I want to happen is a variety of forms for mini-bosses, so you face it then later in the dungeon or in a different area you face it, only harder. Anyway, I like your idea Peace of Heart, and I like how you expressed it.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Darknuts from TP and Dark Link from OoT are my favourite boss fights. I like the strategy and difficulty of it. I particularly like taking on 3 Darknuts simultaneously.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Oh the difficulty settings were just a rumor? Good :) I really don't like difficulty settings that much :S

Thanks Master Sword13 :D And yes a change to mini-bosses would be great, your suggestion that mini-bosses should have multiple appearances in the dungeon is something that I want as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom