• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Identity Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tictalk

Anouki
We all know of Zelda herself, and any Zelda fan knows of her alter ego Sheik, but what about Tetra. Tetra is in the games Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker. It is implied that she is Zelda, but is she Zelda in disguise? My theory is that like Sheik she is Zelda's alter ego, but used for a different reason. She becomes Tetra to get away from her princess responsibilities. Now let's talk Sheik. The most debated thing about Sheik is it's gender. Most people recognize it as a girl, because Zelda is a girl, but you can obviously see it's (for lack of a better term) "lady-parts" and its freaking buff. I say that Sheik is physically a male, but mentally and spiritually a female. Do you all agree or disagree?

:deku::zora::goron:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Tetra had no idea she was Zelda. She didn't disguise herself, but rather she was given a different figure and skin color so no one could tell by looking at her that she was Zelda's descendant.

Now, as far as Sheik goes, there was obviously some physical transformation, but I personally don't think Zelda went through an entire sex change. The way I see it, the identity that is Sheik is male, but the person behind the disguise is female (just with some physical alterations). Sooo, that kind of makes Sheik both, in a way. :/

Garo

Boy Wonder
I once saw a photo that identified Shiek as the most epic reverse trap ever. Good for a laugh, but probably not accurate. :p

I think the only magical alterations that Zelda made were rounding her ears and changing her eye color (perhaps her voice as well). Everything else could easily be disguised with clever clothing choices.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think the only magical alterations that Zelda made were rounding her ears and changing her eye color (perhaps her voice as well). Everything else could easily be disguised with clever clothing choices.

Look at this picture.

ootsheik.jpg

Those are obviously pecs. Sheik has the physique of an athletic male.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Look at this picture.

ootsheik.jpg

Those are obviously pecs. Sheik has the physique of an athletic male.

I do see what you mean now. I never really looked at concept art for Shiek before. Probably some Shiekah illusion magic to change her form, at the very least in the eyes of others; I, like you, find it very unlikely that she would undergo a full transformation into a male Shiek.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
No, I don't believe Sheik is a man. I believe Sheik is a woman. Zelda changed some things about her but I don't see why she would feel the need to completely change her sex. She can easily disguise herself to look like a man without..... you know.. The Ruto thing doesn't mean anything either. Obviously she wants to look like a man so Ruto mistook her for one. That doesn't at all mean Sheik is male. I haven't played the new OoT 3D yet but from what I heard Nintendo actually made Sheik look more feminine in the game.

Zelda turning herself into a man just to disguise herself from Link is a little weird imo. Even the whole "Sheik has pecs" thing doesn't really convince me all that much. I know it looks like that but it doesn't mean they actually are pecs. She could be wearing multiple layers of clothing to make her chest look flat and it appears that way. But I didn't make Sheik so obviously I don't know.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Sheik looks different in Ocarina of Time 3D. The design in the 3D version is a bit similar to the design in the Beta. She looks more female now.

Anyway, my post is a bit short. So take this great Sheik Artwork with you:

image8tcww.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom