• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Revised Music Competition: Week 4

Which Entry Was Your Favorite?

• LittleGumball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M107

• Heroine of Time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hello guys, Darknut Hunter here with week 4 or our competition. I don't have any winners to announce this week because, as you know, M107 won last week since he was our only entry. However this week we do have more than one entry, so let's show them all off! As you know the theme was Ocarina of Time!, so let's see our contestants

LittleGumball
Title: Kakariko Village
Kakariko Village Ocarina of Time - YouTube

M107
Title: Jabu Jabu
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18473424/Jabu Jabu.mp3

Heroine of Time
Title: Song of Storms
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Song of Storms Piano Cover - YouTube

So here's our entries. Be sure to give comments and constructive criticism if you vote. The participants appreciate it.

Now onto this weeks competition theme! The theme for this week is...

Emotion

Craft a piece that's able to move the audience. It can be original or a cover of something that you think is emotional.

That being said, good luck and happy music making.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Dangit, you need to shoot me when I forget to do this thing, DH. XI

Little Gumball:

This was really good! Except the fuzzies, I thought your flute playing was very beautiful. 7/10.

M107:

That was interesting, although it was creeping me out. XD Although it didn't sound like Jabu Jabu, however it was very interesting. 5/10.

Heroine of Time:

I like the song of storms, and your piano playing is very lovely. :) You certainly play the piano better than me! XD And close to the end, I thought that was a fantastic add on. 8/10.

I was so torn between Gummy and HoT, they were both super awesome. But HoT's song had butterflies fluttering everywhere inside me at that cool part, so I think my vote will go to her. However Gummy's song was very beautiful, I love the flute. <3

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So, funny story of me being a complete and total idiot! I totally meant to submit something for this week's competition, and no I didn't forget. Yesterday, I went down to the music room to film it. I was having trouble finding a good angle. So what I did, and I hate myself for it, is I taped my near brand new camera to the ceiling. Already sounds like a bad idea, right? Well, it didn't fall. No, I taped it too tight, and too close to the lens, that the lens moved slightly out of position and is now stuck closed. I can't even turn it on anymore. Hoping to death that it's fixable, but ya... That's why I didn't get a submission done. I practiced for a combined 5 hours for it too :(

Anyway, now that I've confessed my stupidity, onto my critique!

LittleGumball

There's not much to say here that I had not already said to you before. I love the sound of flute music, and your vibrato is just <3! It takes skill to nail vibrato like that, so good job :yes: As for the song itself, it was quite good. You make a really nice sound out of the flute, and it was perfect song choice. The tempo and overall dynamics of the original song fits the instrument quite well :)

M107

You are certainly very good at creating electronic music. And as a major fan of electronic music, I say job well done :yes: However, I have to give you points down because the song was not easily recognizable. I admit that it is a good thing to pick songs that are unique, but I think it would have been better to choose a song with a bit more of a melody to it. Jabu-Jabu is too bland as a whole for me. The song itself was good, though, but I couldn't really get into it.

Heroine of Time

It was really good that you chose to stray away from the harp a little bit, since it adds more diversity to your playing. Also, the song you chose is more fast paced and intense than the songs you did on the previous competitions, so they were better suited for piano. Don't get me wrong, as I adore the sound of harp, but piano was a better choice for the song. And the way you played it, with the more mellow and slow part on the high notes, and then the ending was really good. As a piano player myself, I can easily say that it was a job well done. I also love the Song of Storms in general :yes:

I am extremely unbiased when it comes to music. However, I am putting my vote up for Heroine of Time anyway. I love the song, I love piano music, but most of all I love the diversity that you incorporated into the song. Changes of tempo, changes of dynamics, they really make the song come to life.

...And of course, while typing this, it starts raining... Voting down HoT for that (jk :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom