• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Revised Music Competition: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hello once again guys! Darknut Hunter here with our week 3 installment of the Zelda Dungeon Revised Music Competition! Last week our competition was a tough one, but the users have spoken and decided on M107. Let's all give him a warm round of applause. :party:

Now, onto this week. This week was Suspense...However, I only have one entry this week. As such this week's competition goes to M107 for his entry featured below.

M107
Title: 640Z (with Reprise)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18473424/640Z.mp3

I know it was a slow week, with the holiday and such, but let's keep focussed and try out best to put more entries out guys. As such, we aren't going to let this slow us down. So for our next round, the theme will be...

Ocarina of Time!

Create a cover or remix of a song, specifically from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. I know this may be a tall order for some, but I do believe we'll get some very good entries in.

All entries for this round must be turned in by Sunday, ]July 14th, 2013, at 9:00PM EST

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I forgot about the competition. :cry: But I will participate this time, I promise! =D God music btw M107, congratulations! ;>

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Seems like fun, maybe I'll give this a try ^^

Does it have to be one solid song, or can it be like a 4 minute compilation of songs (not really a Medley, since I'm having trouble with transitions. They're all in different keys, and I don't feel like transposing)

Last edited:
Seems like fun, maybe I'll give this a try ^^

Does it have to be one solid song, or can it be like a 4 minute compilation of songs (not really a Medley, since I'm having trouble with transitions. They're all in different keys, and I don't feel like transposing)

The 640Z track that I submitted could technically be considered a compilation, and I didn't really add a transition from the original mix and the "reprise". Though I would probably transpose what was needed so that everything is in key. What are you trying to transpose or transition?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The 640Z track that I submitted could technically be considered a compilation, and I didn't really add a transition from the original mix and the "reprise". Though I would probably transpose what was needed so that everything is in key. What are you trying to transpose or transition?

hmm...

There's 5 songs in total, and all but two are in different keys. Going from D, to C, to G, back to D, and then to Bb is hard to create transitions for.

Being a fourth year theory student, I know how to transpose music. Only problem is that it would cause me to have to relearn the songs, and then create transitions, which could cause me to miss the deadline.

Alternatively, I could just stick with one song and extend it a bit, but even then it would still be rather short, and could end up getting dull rather quickly, which would lessen my chances.

mmm, I'll try and figure something out. I'll submit this time regardless.

EDIT: Maybe it'll be easier if I ditch the fourth one, as it is in a minor key.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom