• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Pokemon Spriting Competition

Not to cry like a whiny newbie, but I alreasdy beat you to it; my entry's been named Scearzor, not Smerezor. Again, not a big deal, I'm just putting it out there. (Dang, I still sound like I'm whining, don't I?)

Well, okay, but I personally think Smerezor sounds better =\

Just annoy Shnappy, I am so tempted to use this...

Dugafett:
Dugafett.png

Okay, that's arguably cooler than Diglafett :xd:

Oh yeah, my attempt to annoy Shnappy worked out well. :D I even won. :xd: Well, I don't know how different the scores would have been if I entered Venadon or Slownite, my next two choices.

The results are in

Thank you everyone for competing, we had much a much better out turn than I expected. But now that it's over, it's time for the awards!

overall.png

Overall Winner
Dugafet.png

Durion!
Total Score: 281

And now for the caption awards. The caption awards go to those who didn't win the overall competition but deserved to win in another area!

coolest.png

Coolest
blastlax.png

Zenox

unique.png

Most Unique
Scearzor_by_fredtherarestpokemon.png

fredthehylian

Congratulations to everyone who won and good luck next time to everyone who came close! We hope to see you at our next competition.

Ha, I got the title I wanted, dunno bout you guys. Truth be told, I wanted to fuse the two most unheard of Pokemon (in my opinion), then I realized Smeargle doesn't have a similar humanoid anatomy to Mantine, Shuckle, or Gligar. So I went with a random one. The result was Scizor. I honestly didn't know what to do when it came to that, but I wasn't gonna restart. See ya next time, everybloody!

Man, I got last... Oh well, there's always next time...

I thought you did pretty good. Though you really should consider anatomies. Not that you chose badly, but Swablu and Pachirisu are two COMPLETELY different specie (bird and squirrel) so unless you're a pro like Durion or Shnappy, try to get similar Pokemon then see what you get. Like I said, I couldn't fuse Shuckle and Smeargle together cuz Shuckle is like a bagworm, and Smeargle is a beagle. Hope that helped. ;)

Let it be known that the caption awards will not be the same ever again. Each competition offers different caption awards, but they always will have captions. I will never reveal what they are until the judging is over, however as I think this lets you sprite freely without trying to fit a certain criteria or feeling limited.

Oh, but overall winner will still be an award, that's not really a caption award, though.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Maybe you should have some themed spriting contests, like fuse starters or use at least one legendary. That would make it much more interesting.

Scearzor is my favorite entry, actually. I voted and rated impartially, of course, but it's my personal favorite by far.

I wish it was a Pokemon. :(

Kazumi

chagy
How did I not notice this until now? I love spriting, and I love Pokemon. I wish I had seen this earlier so that I could join. Will you guys be having another round?

Also, I love the Screazor. Amazing. That would be an amazing Pokemon. New feature for Black and White, merging Pokemon...

Scearzor is my favorite entry, actually. I voted and rated impartially, of course, but it's my personal favorite by far.

I wish it was a Pokemon. :(
Also, I love the Screazor. Amazing. That would be an amazing Pokemon. New feature for Black and White, merging Pokemon...
http://fredtherarestpokemon.deviantart.com/ <-- I've got other pokemon fusions there that I plan to use in future contests. With any luck they'll be as good as Scearzor, like you guys said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom